Workshop Discussion..continue here...

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Woodee, Nov 26, 2015.

1. T@X

T@X Registered

lordpantsington , sorry, i'm bad, i feel so bad. What a bad guy i am. I do terrible stuff. I fell so bad that i'm here to justfy..
    The reality is, no, i don't feel bad at all. If a 12 years old kid can share tracks on facebook and every other sites, and people create big torrent track packs with not even giving credits to the author, why should i feel so bad helping the steam community enjoy some content?, And why i am sooo bad like you portray me ? I'm giving credits, links, info videos and everything. I'm saying that the content is there termporarily, since the modder uploads is version. BUT NO ! i'm BAD ! I should create content by myself !
    The reality is that the Game is on Steam, and the 3d party content should be there too. BUT NO. Let us keep sharing on bittorred ! Isn't that VERY unrespectful ? I find your reply rather offensive and i fell you are taking a useless, discriminating position against the Steam community, where the game will belong from now on. They should have some basic tracks to play on as soon as possible, having fun and understand what a great simulator RF2 is. We must help the community grow where it's easy and convenient to do it. We must not wait anymore ! Most of them dont'even know how to find and install tracks, you want to cut all them out ? They may want to enjoy the tracks they are used to drive, but NO ONE is uploading them, so i did, and yo know what ? I Don't feel bad at all.

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Stop making such a damn drama over this. This track and many others will be on the workshop eventually and in due time. Not everything needs to happen all at once. Patience, please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. T@X

T@X Registered

You all seem to be missing something here.
    And that's exactly the point. The worshop is an OFFICIAL Rfactor 2 tool and should not be ignored even five miutes, but facts are it is absolute desolation right now, regarding known tracks like nurb, mosport, and lots of other tracks that are missing.
    So you are basically pointing the finger to people who temporarily share but keep refusing do it yourselves.
    Being Official, that tool should contain all the stuff that is here, because all the intellectual property of the mods is officially isi's stuff and don't belong to torrent sharing or third party sites.

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Each time I look in the workshop more content has been added. So things are slowly and steadily going in the right direction. That's all we can ask for. Some authors simply need more time to make the switch, which everyone should respect.

But what you're saying is that if content authors "ignore" the workshop for more that five minutes, you'd like to grab their content and put it up on Steam, no matter their wishes? Again, it's disrespectful and impatient of you, and some authors will be chased away by that kind of aggressive uber urgent attitude.

Like I told you on Steam, if you downloaded some of my unfinished song recordings off of a small niche musician's forum and put it on itunes, I'd give you hell too. [emoji12]

Give the authors time, be patient, and everything will work out fine in the end.

5. shiet

shiet Registered

Hi guys!

I thought we already forgot this thing. I think this dispute wasn't about my track but about the attitude. I believe T@X uploads the tracks with the best intentions but saying "no, I will not remove your work" to the author is a bit problematic.

Anyway as I said earlier this track is not a WIP project and I don't want anybody to work on this track neither. Also I don't want to see this in the Steam workshop. I would like to see Mario Morais finishes his work.

T@X: if you want you can upload Mosport to the workshop.

That's all.

6. T@X

T@X Registered

More content has been uploaded by ME and no one else in more than a week. Tracks and cars already finished that should have been there already. What's the problem if someone does it in the meantime to not force people to rely on torrent and other messed up sorces ? As said it will be removed when the author will
    ... but to be honest i don't really see the will to do it.

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

7. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Will you keep updated all those mods you uploaded?

8. T@X

T@X Registered

If no one does i will. I obviously prefer the modders to do it, but at the moment no one is showing there. Infact if you take i look i uploaded almost all finished and very requested stuff that probably will not need to be updated. Road Atlanta has been an exception, just because is such a popular track that people want to lap on. (more than 300 subscriptions in 4 days). But the first second the modder is showing there all the stuff i uploaded gets removed of course. This is a critical moment for the simulator, i think the new people, should have at least the very basic third party content in good state uploaded there for them to try. They want to try Spa, Monza and other popular tracks in good state. Why it seems that no one it's really interested in opening this world to that HUGE community ?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2015
  9. T@X

T@X Registered

Thanks shiet, that's very kind of you. Sorry if your track has been the cause of the dispute, but it was the only Road Atlanta available and (IMO) in very good state, yet not perfect but very very enjoyable.
    I'll work to have Mosport uploaded. Thanks againg for understanding that i don't really have bad intentions, i removed it - Yeah maybe a bit late - as you requested.

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Nobody is complaining about all the stuff you uploaded. In most cases, if not stated otherwise, I bet the modders are fine with it. Until they explicitly say so, we must assume that you uploading their stuff is alright. In the case of atlantic road, it just wasn't fine, one track out of all the ones you uploaded.

Nobody is saying that a plethora of cool mods shouldn't be available to newcomers asap. But we just need to be patient if we don't want to chase off a lot of content creators. It's their hard work, their name on the line, and Steam is a very very big platform with a huge audience.

11. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

You should not upload anything which is not your, unless you don't have an explicit agreement from the author. Ask before. Tacit consent it's not a good thing (people have lives); this long discussion is a proof of that easy concept... :)

12. T@X

T@X Registered

Generally i totally agree, but not in this case sorry.

This stuff is available on torrent sites, third party sites, but not on the official ISI sources where it should be.
    As explained before , this mods are releted to an ISI IP, and they ARE an ISI IP, there is absolutely no reason for this stuff to not be on the workshop that is an OFFICIAL Rfactor 2 tool, but be freely available on social networks, torrents and other sites, without anyone consent.

It's better they stay in official sources shared, till someone understands that this stuff must be put there and removed from the 'not so legal' sources.
    No one is preventing the modders to upload and maintain their stuff, but they are simply not doing it.
    In more than 10 days no one uploaded anything, and for an official game tool , that's bad.
    I'll keep doing it, because this is not fair at all.

13. Tuttle

I'm not a cop my friend, but I'm for respecting rules. Problem is sometimes people tends to not care about rules...since it's not their own business. Rules are rules btw...

Point is, if you are uploading 50 mods, and one day one single modder you didnt ask for permission will flag you to Valve for Copyright Infringement (and they can because of the Subscription Agreement everybody signed to access Steam), you'll be banned from there and all those mods will disappear in a bubble.

It is not good at all to have a multitude of mods uploaded by a single user, which is not the Author, especially in the long term.

Said that I really don't understand all that rush you have these days, pushing on modders to do something it's not your business.

14. T@X

T@X Registered

Generally i totally agree, but not in this case sorry.

This stuff is available on torrent sites, third party sites, but not on the official ISI sources where it should be.
    As explained before , this mods are releted to an ISI IP, and they ARE an ISI IP themselves.
    There is absolutely no reason for this stuff to not be on the workshop that is an OFFICIAL Rfactor 2 tool, but be freely available on social networks, torrents and other sites, without anyone consent.

It's better they stay in official sources shared, till someone understands that this stuff must be put there and removed from the 'not so legal' sources.
    No one is preventing the modders to upload and maintain their stuff, and no one willl prevent me removing the shared stuff. The real problem is that they are not uploading anything
    In more than 10 days we haD A COUPLE of uploads, and not a single HIGH DEMANDED track while this forum is full of stuff.
    For an official game tool , that's not good at all and this moment is critical because the game launched in a massive audience platform.
    That audience bought a licence for this ISI IP, and in this moment deserves at least the most important content that is shared here, feel at home with the trucks they are used to drive and understand what a magnificent simulator like RF2 can do, and why it is so better than the other "sim-arcades" available on the market.

You are free to not agree, but that will not stop me doing it because the steam people, as paying customers, deserve the content that is available on the official sources, not the next year, but now.

15. Tuttle

You don't have to agree with me, but with Valve. What you are doing it's against what you signed. I honestly do not give a damn if you are gonna upload the entire internet on there.

Have fun. :)

16. T@X

T@X Registered

Honestly here no one gives a damn, there no one gives a damn, and users are happy that finally someone is finally putting there some content.

Let's come together, right now, in sweet armony.

17. redapg

redapg Registered

I have to ask. What does that mean?

18. Tuttle

I don't give a damn of what you are doing since you are 100% denial, while I care a lot about Modders rights and ABC of rules playing around that. They work for free, in their spare time, they must be at least free to do whatever they want with their own stuff.

As a modder I'd like to be FREE to be there, or not be there, to have my own WS page, to keep it as I want, clean as much as possible, to keep it update, to put there what I want and when I want, to use that area like sort of personal channel with users and followers...etc. Workshop it's not like a Torrent page, it's kinda personal area where you keep your stuff connected to users, along the time.

Also, when you talk about HIGH DEMANDED track, you are taking any responsibility for illegal conversions coming from others companies/developers, at the time you are that guy who put that stuff on his workshop because people want it. They will just ban these contents from your WS and if reiterate you'll be kicked off from the entire rF2 workshop. Did you EVER read the agreement or you are just clicking I AGREE?

So, have fun uploading random things you don't have a clue about, just for the sake of playing Robin Hood. Again, it's your Steam account, not mine. :)

19. T@X

T@X Registered

Ok, we are really discussing of nothing here, you don't really give a damn.
    I dont want to write in vain. Go back and read better, if you still do not get the point, then we are VERY different individuals, and that's all.

20. T@X

T@X Registered

Also, you should really not mentioning something about Steam rules that are really not true.

Per "Contenuti generati dall'utente" si intendono tutti i contenuti resi disponibili ad altri utenti tramite l'uso da parte dell'Abbonato delle funzioni multiutente di Steam o a Valve o alle sue consociate tramite l'uso da parte dell'Abbonato dei Contenuti e Servizi o in altro modo.

You can read this right ? ;) Nothing and i repeat nothing is stating that if you upload other's people created stuff you will get banned.
    Go read it once again, and come back here saying that i'm stating the false. Stop spreading misinformation.

Illegal conversions ? You know very well, we all know wich conversiors are illegal. We talking about other game's ripoffs.
    The "unofficial" sites already banned - almost - everything, and i did not upload any of the "ripped" tracks.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2015