More historic open wheel cars

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by jimagn, Nov 30, 2015.

1. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Dear ISI and/or any serious modders,

Please expand the historic open wheel content of rF2. You may not have noticed that there are regular servers running historic open wheel cars that have impressively large grids, especially those run by SR4L and F3 Fanatics. Many of us have a rich background in Grand Prix Legends and have never gotten a worthy successor. The EVE, Spark, and BT20 cars are a start and demonstrate what could be done. I understand there are licensing issues, and I know there are ways around them. (I don't recall seeing EVE and Spark cars mentioned in 60s race reports.) The physics of rF2 would provide a solid foundation for a wider mix of cars, such as a few V-12s (Ferrari, Honda, Eagle, Matra, Maserati), a H-16, V-8s (Cosworth, Repco), and inline fours, with bias-ply tires and minimal or no aero.

The current emphasis for ISI is probably on Steam marketing, but down the line a bit please consider this proposal. Modders, I would even pay for well done content. I know there are many others who share my desire.

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

I think this the 257th thread regarding more historic content - and surely all have their/are right!

It´s really unbelievable how ISI let their hides float away....(not only regarding content)!
    They where the first to introduce those historic cars in a modern sim and now even pcars overtook them in numbers (even though they feel freaking bad)!
    Really, never understood those business conduct (right word?)..... I know, I know, that´s much about expensive licenses and so on, but common:
    if you want to make money in business, you have to spend money first! However....sad.
    Just an opinion of course.

3. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

The Historics are the only content with at least to vehicles per class (excluding historic sports cars where we only have the A.C. Cobra). So IMO ISI already put more emphasis on Historics.

But nevertheless I have to agree, more is always better, especially more Historics.;)

4. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

I'd prefer more historic sports cars. The Howstons could do with some playmates.

5. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

1967 World Sports Car Championship.

6. RaceDoedel

RaceDoedel Registered

Hey, this is just a wish list and christmas is in 22 days :rolleyes:

I bought recently the historic Lotus pCars DLC. Ok, I don't like to drive pCars, but these cars are wonderful.
    The look and sound amazing. The concept of these cars are so crazy.
    Just have a look a the Lotus Indy car of the DLC: Just two gears and a top speed over 300 km/h.

+1 for ever car older 30 years.

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

How do you work out pCARS has passed them ?

rF2 has 9 Historics

What has pCars got ? You are talking about DLC ! why don't you just add in mods while you at it. :rolleyes:and circuits that were stripped from early release buyers.

AC is the same a bare handful of Historics.

You want to bleed on a developer about lack of Historics go to Kunos and SMS. lol

They could not even do there own cars they had to copy each other.

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

You could argue rF2's $84.99 price tag covers DLC prices so therefore include both pCARS and AC's DLC cars. In the same token also include the tracks in them.

ps: pCARS allows you to race vs people with DLC cars even if you haven't purchased them.

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

What ? lol

I could argue pCARS with all DLC is DEARER then rF2
    or that you can't drive ASR or other historic groups mods in pCARS
    or even if it had full grids of historics for 1/2 the price I would not want to drive them.

I am willing to accept for many people looks and graphics matter more then physics if you are willing to accept for others quality over quantity matters more.

Using competitors content as some sort of measuring stick to value for me is absurd.

Why, because the F3 Eve has more feeling in her little toe then all the Historics in other sims put together.

lol ;)

Of course I would love more Historic content but I just don't think 4 years down track it is realistic.

How about we get everything we got updated and the 100 fixes people want done and see where we are at then.

As far as "serious" modders go they been free for 4 years to do what they like, nothing to do with ISI.

P.S>

But hey !@!

You all rather bag DD the time he tries to bring over No Grip "serious" historics modders to ISI and say I am kissing butts and we don't need them. !#@!

ffs make up your minds ! lool

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2015
  10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

You have a serious problem of misreading and misunderstanding posts, and then writing fractured sentences disconnected to what could be a response to the post. And usually ending with DD vs the world :p.

11. Woodee

Woodee Registered

If those Lotus cars looked like this in rFactor 2.... then I would not leave the house! :D