ISI Models being ripped by SimDreams and for sale...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GCCRacer, Nov 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I'm quite sure that this is actually the RF1 Classic F1 Mod 1967 season, which I know because a friend converted it for RF2 usage (with permission) but never released it (never got it out of beta), and I got to test it.

With permission !@!

Horsecrap !@!

they are all GPLEA rips no one has permission NO ONE !!

lmaorof

3. Emery

Emery Registered

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

...I wouldn't know where to look for Petrol Pumps at the Petrol Station...

5. supanova

supanova Registered

Whether he's right or wrong he's trying to help ISI. There's no reason to respond like this.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Fun Sponge!

7. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

8. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Thanks. Obviously next time I will stay silent instead of being questioned here.

Same for Durge's response. I know as a fact that the author of the RF1 mod gave permission for conversion to RF2. I don't care to have my statements called "Horsecrap".

This community is it's own worst enemy sometimes.

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I was quite clearly having a laugh, the preciousness of some of you is bewildering! I mean as an experienced forum member it is quite funny how you simply couldn't be bothered to look for the e-mail address then state it so dumbly in your post, lighten up and smile once in a while :D

10. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

LOL.

You insult the intelligence of someone trying to help, and then ask them to smile. How unusual the standards of behaviour must be where you come from.

Am I assuming correctly that you already made the effort to use the email address you so easily identified and sent ISI an information regards their stolen models? Or are you just wasting our time here for your personal amusement?

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

you're right, I'm dumb for not realising people need to be spoon fed on the internet, game over!

12. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

So, you didn't send ISI an email? Now that's interesting.

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yes I did...because I knew where to look...

14. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Dudes calm down.
    Yes Marc you are right. It's not really hard to find ISI contact details and write a email direct to ISI [emoji57]
    I understand GCCRacers post more as aproach to inform the community and maybe also to get some opinions or additional infos.
    I'm sure he knows how he can contact ISI [emoji6].
    Nothing wrong to post this here IMO.
    Of course it's possible that I'm complete wrong with my mind.

different peoble = different opinions.

15. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

When will they give permission?

I love SlimJim.

16. coops

coops Banned

EXACTLY this forum needs some ppl to be banned for their rude comments and there bad behaviour in the way they treat ppl for just asking ?'s or informing ppl of what they know even if it is not correct.
    They are just plain A holes making this forum a joke.

TO ISI blocking them does not stop you from seeing them in other ppl's posts when they quote them....

17. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

If someone posts links to sketchy material flag the post and write the reason why in the description box provided when flagging a post. Things will be dealt with then. Or as already posted you can email ISI.

Stuff like this happens a lot unfortunately. There is plenty of illegal and sketchy material ported over to rF2 from other titles.

18. dylbie

dylbie Registered

This thread seems to have side-tracked from the real issue here. I know there are lots of rips of other peoples work. Usually the rippers have the decency and respect to keep these private, and if they do distribute it, they do so within closed circles, and most importantly for free.

This guy has taken things way too far, and overstepped the line in my opinion. So this thread should do a good job to warn others not to be scammed into paying this guy a penny for his blatant and disgraceful stolen 'work'. If he is using ISI content then they should seriously look into it.

Unfortunately with the new sims offering content as 'paid for' DLC, a lot of new 'kids' in the community (mainly for the other two sims) expect to pay for mods. I guess they have not been used to rF1 and the way things were distributed for free. So unfortunately now people like Mr B*lanesko or S*m-Dream are now taking advantage of them.

Don't get me wrong here, if content is original like URD then I fully advocate having to pay for it. BUT if guys are publicly charging for other people's work, just for converting it, then I find it absolutely outrageous, disrespectful and shameful.

19. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

^Yep, I agree fully.

It's not like I'm NOT using Codemaster rip tracks. Difference being, I didn't pay the ripper, and I paid for those tracks in their original game (and Codemasters screwed me out of the required patches) so while legally wrong, ethically I feel I'm okay.

There's a lot of grey stuff going on. Conversions of Conversions dating back to early 2000s... sometimes without consent of the original author, sometimes the original author has vanished... I don't judge that, most of the time.

But here we have a guy who uses mods of other people, and even official ISI stuff, selling it openly. I saw the youtube trailer for the mod, I recognized it's origin in RF1 and then I just looked trough the screens to see if the ISI F2 was also included. At which point there's a good collection of legal books to throw at him. The fact he's selling the mod for a competing product is just icing on the cake.

20. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Before this thread gets holier than thou, I have seen in the other thread linked, people complaining about ripped ISI material but yet providing links to ripped Simbin tracks. Before the hypocrisy gets too thick in here maybe just let this thread be. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.