With rF2 released on Steam-plattform can we expect faster Bug-fixing as before?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RoWo, Nov 21, 2015.

1. RoWo

RoWo Member

Already wrote it in Steam Q&A, but got no response:

With rF2 released on Steam-plattform can we expect faster Bug-fixing as before - let's say less than 3 days?
    If I understood correctly with Steam there is no possibility for running older builds. By release of a new build including bugs (we all know, it happened ), we will getting trouble in league racing.

What do you think?

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I was going to post a thread just like this. I hope waiting 1 or 2 months for quick/small bug fixes isn't going to be the norm anymore. I often see small little updates of games for little fixes.

I hope an update comes very soon for the issue of not seeing Steam players online in the MP listing.
    Everyone playing (Steam and non-Steam users) will be seeing way less people that are actually online which will lead to many choosing to go to another game when they see so little populated servers and/or so little amounts of players.

It's a little difficult to play online with my friend because, even though there's two of us in a room, we know 99.9% that no one will ever join because the server will be showing 0 players (along with all the other 100s of servers with 0 players). You're almost guaranteed to have no one ever join you. It's a vital fix in my opinion that needs to be fixed quickly rather than in a month or two when the next "major" build update comes.

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

How are they going to finish all content and do all that crap, they not codemasters. p

I tell you what they better finish my F3 first.

lol ;)

4. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

I think that it is not technically possible as long as we have non-steam and steam v. of rFactor2.

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Your F3 can wait. No one's going to play if servers look empty :)

6. RaceDoedel

RaceDoedel Registered

What are the real bugs in rfactor 2 ?

I can list some issue and a lot of wishes, but I can hard create a list of bugs.
    The only thing I have one my bug list is: The sim is sometimes crashing when I change the car/track combo.
    After restarting rf2 the same thing works. I will check the logs and attach more informations on this.

So I have now two questions.

What are the real bugs in rfactor 2 ?

How to create a bug report in rf2 ?

7. RoWo

RoWo Member

8. rhamm

rhamm Registered

Faster bug fixing? No, ISI still has the same number of staff as they did before they released on Steam.

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Depends what it is. We might actually have an easier time finding issues with more players, thereby reducing the time needed for us to try to reproduce issues.

10. redapg

redapg Registered

Please read THIS

11. RoWo

RoWo Member

Tim, thanks for response. But some things are confusing. There are some bugs/issues reported long time ago without fix or at least any response.

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I think it's the well-known problems that get found and documented within minutes of a new release that are the issue. The reflection issues on the EVE F3 is probably the longest standing one, but you can read any individual content release thread here over the years and most have small issues that should have been caught in testing, but weren't. OK, not catching them in testing is no longer such a big problem if they get patched quickly and the sim auto-updates. I hope by not listing a dozen of them here there isn't any impression that they don't exist. The goal is to patch these glaring bugs quickly enough (within days) that a significant percentage of users, especially who don't use the product daily, may never realize they were there in the first place.

Within weeks of release, medium-severity issues can fixed--like the multiplayer list issue referred to above. Large features and issues that do require broad testing are likely unaffected. They still take time. But a priority list or calendar of when they are intended to be addressed will go a long way to quelling the negative buzz around repeated threads and queries about why such and such is still broken.

Result, very simply, is happy hard core users, because key/important issues are addressed. And happy casual users, largely because ignorance is bliss.