[not-WIP] Atlantic Road

Discussion in 'Locations' started by shiet, Nov 19, 2015.

1. EaglemanGT

EaglemanGT Registered

My NEW FAVORITE track maker........ Very WELL done! Thanks

2. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

@Shiet,

You clearly have excellent taste in tracks as this is another amazing venue that is, I'm sure, very welcome in many sim racers' short lists as it is in mine. Thank you very much for your efforts and for sharing this with us.

The problem is that it appears that the meshes created by BTB are inadequate for some mods as, for example, the Spark F1 AIs are struggling with falling thru the mesh like there are potholes all over the track.

I am hopeful, however, because I know Euskotracks also uses BTB and this problem does not happen at those tracks so there must be some way to get around the mesh limitation problem.

Or, if not, (sorry I haven't read this entire thread) are you planning to release this for others to work on who have 3d abilities?

Thanks again for your efforts :)

3. shiet

shiet Registered

I updated the track see 1st post.

P.S.R.: as I said in the first post I share this track only to have fun until Mario finishes his Road Atlanta. I would like to see him finish Road Atlanta because I'm 100% certain that it will be much better than this but if somebody starts to take care of my track he might think "no need to mess with this track anymore" and I don't want that.

As for the "mesh problem": in the Mosport thread I told you (or was that another guy?) what's the problem. The tires on these historic F1 cars "sink" below the racing surface for some reason where I have 7 sideroads connected to the main track that's why these cars are bouncing. If I wanted to I still can't eliminate all of them in BTB, it was a pain even on Mosport where I have only one sideroad, the pitroad connected to the main track. Sorry. I'm sure Mario Moralis is doing a great job and so you can race with the Sparks on his Road Atlanta.

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Great track, will do me........

P.S. Not sure why you named it after a track in Nova Scotia.

If you doing because of someone else does the track don't.

That is there bad luck, you released first, you have right of name.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2015
  5. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

Thanks for releasing this with an update shiet. I'm looking forward to being able to drive another iconic track while we wait for Mario's version. :)

6. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Ok thanks, Shiet

7. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

There is no circuit named Atlantic Road in Nova Scotia. The only purpose built road racing circuit in Nova Scotia is "Atlantic Motorsport Park" in Shubenacadie. Sheit might have named it after that sound-alike big ocean 400km to the SE of Atlanta. :p

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Call it Braselton Raceway and be done with it :p

9. shiet

shiet Registered

Somebody uploaded the track to the Steam workshop without telling me about it. But not Mosport.

10. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Registered

yeh just seen your convo with the guy...i get where he is coming from but the minute you ask to remove it he really should have

11. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Registered

Just gotta say wow what a track! I loved your mosport. Didn't like this at first as I hit the gravel and flew right into the walls (I'm not that great a driver yet so this was happening often). Now that's fixed I'm loving it plus I'm not hitting the gravel now lol.

One thing I noticed was that on the long straight I was faster than everyone else... Is this ai related or should I up the difficulty (95 at present)?

12. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

Yeah that's ****ty. Will comment that its not original when I get home. While that problem isn't exclusive to steam (could upload it to any website) its particularly annowing with Steam due to its centralized nature.

13. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I flagged/reported the dude who upped it on Steam against your will, shiet.
    No doubt, you should be able to decide when/if you want it in the Workshop.

14. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

I did the same. Just a little respect for the modders will.

15. emha76

emha76 Registered

Great, fun track. Thank You!

16. expdom

expdom Registered

Fantastic track, waited a long time for this one.

Now just VIR missing

Cheers..

17. br444m

br444m Registered

Another delicious surprise. Can't stop driving this it's so awesome, what a flow this track has!!

Thanks so much for releasing this Shiet. And I think you're way too modest, the quality is already above average here :)

18. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

100% Agreed!

Now back to topic I think. 2 small bugs that I found. I'm not sure if this happens on all sessions (this was just practice).

1. The Pace car is facing the wall. Not sure if this would be an issue during race conditions, if the pace car gets "Stuck" against the wall when a full course yellow comes out.

2. It looks like the ambulance is just mapped to the opposite faces of the polys.

View attachment 18675

Again Sheit, amazing work again!

19. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

20. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Thanks Tuttle!