Note to 3x Screen Users Who Don't Use The In-Game 3x Screen Setup Option

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

If you use the old-style triple screen setup where you calculate your FOV yourself using a FOV calculator then you'll want to go and adjust the bottom right option of the RF2 in-game triple screen "app".

I felt something was wrong. It almost looked as if multiview was disabled. My mirrors looked unproportionately big and my peripheral vision on my outer monitors looked way less than usual. It seems that the default triple screen angle setting has changed. RF2 (like RF1, SCE, etc.) always looked just about spot-on for 45-ish degree angled monitors without the need for a triple screen setup tool (as long as you use the correct FOV and bezel correction) but it must have recently changed.

Once I opened up the triple screen setup tool and eyeballed the bottom right setting (monitor angle) to 50-ish degrees, everything has since looked about spot-on like usual.

In-Short:
    If using triple screens without the in-game triples setup tool then you may have to open the tool and raise the monitor angle setting if your outer monitors are showing too little peripheral vision and too large mirrors because something has recently changed.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2015
  2. Traveller

Traveller Member

The in-game triple screen UI is the way to go.

3. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

When multiview UI the game is rendering three scenes and it is a lot of extra load, 3x 120hz/120fps is mission impossible in rFactor 2 even with the most powerful GFX cards like 980Ti or Titan X.
    I've said this before and will say it again. rFactor2 is not SLI optimised game at all. When new build or new Nvidia driver is released are users forced to spend hours to figure out which SLI Compatibility Bits is going to work this time or if there is SLI Compatibility Bits which is going to work , is it posible to play game I bought at all?
    ISI has been asked many years about SLI support to rFactor2 and submit the latest build of the rF2 executables to Nvidia so that an updated working SLI profile can be created. ISI simply ignore Nvidia SLI users without giving answer if it is going to happen or not and therefore I made this thread witch people should support : http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/26985-New-NVIDIA-SLI-profile

Come on guys get your acts together and use your brains, this is not only SLI profile it is also helping single card users, NVIDIA 3d users etc. to get better game experience.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I thought v353.30 with LEGO bits had great scaling? Or did that change with the recent builds?

5. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Yes scaling has chaged with the resent builds.

I know that I sound like a parot and I've said also this before and will say it again. Sorry about that. :eek:
    NVIDIA profile is from 22.09.2011. rFactor2 gmotor is updated many times and NVIDIA has released loads of drivers since 2011.
    In the bottom of NVIDIA Inspector rFactor2 profile are Undefined settings witch are the most important settings in rFactor2 profile and only NVIDIA can edit/make Undefined settings to rF2. Working SLI compatibility Bits 0x02D04005 (LEGO Batman 2, ...) with driver 353.30 was just a lucky coincidence, I doubt that it will never happen again with new NVIDIA drivers.

It's almost Christmas ISI. I wish that some time in the future also we who are using NVIDIA SLI can have normal gaming experience.:p

6. Traveller

Traveller Member

This is what I was referring to. You can't beat real time adjustments to what you see.

GRAB_033_cropped.JPG

7. coops

coops Banned

1 isi staff member said they work in with nvidia. As i said in my post have never seen an update for rf2 from nvidia since the sim has been released.
    Best of luck with your wish whiteshadow this is the reason i wouldn't waste my $$ on a second card.

8. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

9. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

Okay. I'm lost. What triple screen setup tool? I have a Radeon R9 380 running Eyefinity with three screens at 5858x1080 and get about 80FPS on Longford with the Eves. First off, why would I want to run the RF2 multiview? RF2 is not the only game I play, and I'd really rather not have to turn Eyefinity on and off when I want to race and then switch to being killed by aliens, where I also want to play in triple screen. That screenshot above (GRAB_033_cropped.JPG), where did that come from? And what is the qJED application in the Tools directory? It seems to be some sort of graphical setup tool also, but it has really screwy numbers for width and depth. Isn't the idea to offload the graphics processing to the GPU(s), which are designed to do this type of work and have their own memory in contrast to doing it at the software level and taking up CPU cycles and memory? Maybe that's what you're saying. Some of you guys have been at RF so long you have your own language and manner of communicating that doesn't come with a glossary for new people, you know.

10. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

First: Multiview Tool. when you sit in the cockpit of the car hit "CTRL" + "=" and the window will show up. Multiview doesn't change your eyefinity setting it just gives you the right depth for your view. IF you would turn your sidescrees in a 90° angle and place your head in the middle you get a diffrent view in the cockpit with a lot more depth. But don't turn your screens to 90° because thats just an exaggeration. People use between 15-50° depends on your liking and the ability of your screens to watch them from an angle.

Second: gJed is a modding tool to implement features of rf2 into modded content. For example if you convert a track from rfactor1 into rfactor2 it would look awful because of a diffrent tonemapper in rf1. the colors will look very strong and kinda like a cartoon. With the gJED tool you can setup and calibrate alot of those things without using a 3d creation program like 3dsmax.

If you have trouble with understanding some words or context just ask. Everybody gets started somewhere and simpeople are mostly positive when people start to ask questions, because it always shows that you are interested in the topic ;)