Changing to STEAM early buyers should get 6 months online access for free

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GauchoRS, Nov 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

In my opinion ISI is not respecting the support from early buyers. Yes, we had received 6 months of extra online access, but at that time the game was still under ''heavy development'' . You cannot compare the game at release date (officially 28th march 2013) with the game today.

So changing to STEAM now will cost me about 7months of online access.

Instead of this, I had expected that ISI had given minimum 6 months of online access to early buyers (who bought the game in early access phase).

:(:confused::(

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

You pushing " doodoo " uphill you think that will happen Gaucho.

[​IMG]

lol ;)

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

You should ask if there is a time limit on the migration. Maybe users will be able to migrate "forever" or through all of next year.

4. bwana

bwana Registered

Be a bit discriminatory to those of us who brought life time early release don't you think?

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I did, I said as much mate but that's life huh ;)

$50 + $17 + $17 + $80 (Australian Dollars) I will have to pay ( that is including 4 instant master cards )

What do I get for $170

5 years online minimum by my guess I hope rF3 is in the works by 2017
    2 copies of a sim I can use on 2 PCs ( ..........if you listening ET p )
    COST: 75 cents a week lool ;)

Buying Life Steam tomorrow on Special, be silly if you didn't in our situation.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2015
  6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I think the way things are and can go in 2016, 2017 may be a prosperous year for rF2. I don't want to wait 2 years to have plenty of options but it's reality. Anyway, maybe there'll be a nice boost in rF2 numbers and mods, and the game be very alive and kicking with no sight of rF3 in the horizon. Forcing another migration so soon would be tough to transfer users.

7. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

I just bought RF2 a month ago or so, so I "lost" 11 months of online. I think it will take at least that long for me to get good enough to even dare to appear at an online race. I'm not complaining about the loss. I consider it a donation to the ISI team for their effort.

8. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Why would you lose 11 months of online access?

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I never got this " cost" thing in any sim or game.

A $100 game is considered okay value if it keeps you immersed and takes you a week or 2 to finish.

I must have driven ProjectCars 20 hours = 3 dollars a hour.

rF2 I could not even guess in LR server alone I did over 10,000km and that was over a few months.

In 3 + years , 1000's of hours = 10 cents per day

Offline if you did full session and race every day it would take you 3+ years just to drive all ISI combos let alone 3rd Party.

If you did not do all combos who are you going to blame. :)

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I still don't understand why everyone is against rF3 ....I made threads year ago

1. rF2 is the best sim I ever driven
    2. I am not bored or tired of RF2, not by any stretch.
    3. I think rF2 will have a great life, the best mods are yet to come

You should remember back 2-3 years me telling every man that complained about lack of quantity and and quality of 3rd Party.

I said to wait for 1-2 years after final release which makes it 2016-2017 is where it really begins for rF2. Correct G ;)

I just don't see much value in asking for things for rF2 at this stage is all.

On the other hand outlining any ideas or concepts for the next evolution I see as refreshing and maybe some insight for ISI.

Like some people I drive with online have told me they would like a licencing system in rF3 , others would like a Championship.

But how would you like these designed and implemented etc is what would interest me.

11. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

why do you have to tell everyone that you already told everyone everytime you tell someone?

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Well Jim, I guess I was having a discussion with G. ? not EVERYONE , i tend to do that , and as you see I agree with him '16-'17 will be good years.

I never said force anything, with a unknown future are we allowed to dream ? Apparently not.

Because that is exactly what I got accused of, not liking rF2 or being tired of it.

Oh no wait, let's see or was it because most everyone just bagged any discussion of rF3 I made, sheer arrogance. lol :)

Or was it the total lack of any comment either way other then sarcasm or pointless comment I got.

But it was fine for people to rattle on for years posting multiple threads asking for the same unreasonable things to be fixed or changed in a sim had already been planned.

So now if I did start another " What you would like to see in ISI's next sim........."

I will just get you " telling everyone something you already told everyone everytime before " ? lol ;)

13. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

I see a lot of complaining going on in here. Being honest.

You're not losing anything. ISI is not forcing you to migrate. You can still race online. When you're membership expires, then you can go to STEAM.

Sorry, but it needs to be said. ISI doesn't owe you anything. You're being extremely selfish and self-entitled.

14. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

ah o.k, thanks. So this is all whinging because some couldn't wait. I can't say I'm surprised that there is whinging on this forum. LOL.

15. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

If we could give users anything, we'd be giving them their existing subscriptions instead of losing it, surely?

There is no way to do it, so we're not doing it. Steam can't support it. When you move to steam with standard, you get nothing for subscription - that's all we can do.

How would you expect us to give Steam a payment source (that *is* their subscription model) when we've never taken those details from you (and don't want to know your credit card or bank info)?

If you don't want to lose your sub, don't move until it expires on non-steam. Ball is in your hands.

16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

The complaining is off the charts, like, totally off the charts.
    People raging like madmen because ISI offers (that's right, "offers", not "forces") another option for its users.

17. rolandhaans

rolandhaans Registered

I've read many IMO ridiculous comments here on the forum, but this thread is paramount. I can't get to a conclusion other than that the PO and some others must have either completely misread/misunderstood the info on the migration or are trolling out of other frustrations.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

18. RNelson

RNelson Registered

I was looking for the rF2 forums - by your quote I believe I have found them.....

19. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Lol. Let them make rF2 feel like a finished article first, then consider any sequels.

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

So we can't consider pet wishes , hates, concept and innovation no matter it is hypothetical.

Okay if you all say so. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.