The Historic modders cooperation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by klaasvh, Nov 16, 2015.

1. klaasvh

klaasvh Registered

I've made some good progress with my Mclaren M4a the last few weeks. So much that I've already started thinking about my next project. Got plenty ideas actually. I could do another McLaren like the M7a. It would be a nice competitor to the Eve F1 and a lot of parts from the M4a could be reused. Or how about reworking the Eve Matra mod into a proper Matra MS11? On the other hand I'd love to make something weird and wonderful like the BRM P83 with the H16 engine.

Thing is, I'm just working on my own mostly and I can only do so much. So this is a call for help. Surely there must be talented modders here that would like to see more historic content. ISI have showed us the way with their awesome cars and tracks. Lets work together to create some historic content, who's with me?

2. tjc

tjc Registered

I`m certainly with you on the idea, it sounds amazing. :cool:

Unfortunately I have only just started to learn to do 3d modelling so would be of no use to your project just now.

I`m sure there are plenty talented guys out there that`ll help though, I certainly hope so. :)

3. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I suggest you contact makcorp :)

4. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Great idea. I would like to suggest the BRM P126, P133, P138, P139 series. While not an outstanding success, this series of cars would be interesting in that they use similar or same versions of the BRM V-12. They also would cover the years 1968-1970 and span the era of no wings, high suspension mounted wings, and low body mounted wings, a technically interesting period. There is also some useful reference material.

Cheers

5. RaceDoedel

RaceDoedel Registered

6. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

More power the better...

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

http://srmz.net and anyone who was part of GPLEA. It would be nice to see a movement to get those guy who so carefully developed content to GPL to find a home in a modern sim.

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

1971 F1 season FTW. Just getting any GPL modders to band together and develop 1967 in rF2 would be an incredible start. They could redo the BT20 and add the others. Then tracks... well, slowly but surely eventually.

9. Emery

Emery Registered

My retirement has begun and one of the pleasures I expect to experience is producing a track or two. Provided other pasttimes and chores don't interfere :p

I'll be concentrating on tracks from the '60s initially. No, don't expect me to name which ones because I'm not very quick at knocking them out to a level that I deem appropriate for release and there's no sense in letting people believe I have a "lock" on some track. On the other hand, I hope to make reasonably early releases such that someone with more talent/knowledge can polish my efforts.

10. klaasvh

klaasvh Registered

I'm certainly considering the BRM P126 and P133. Beautiful cars, and with the V12 BRM it would be quite easy to create the McLaren M5a too, based on my M4a.

Good to see there's more interest at least. Ideally I'm lookin for a 3d modeller. I can make pretty good models myself but at a very slow pace. Getting things working in game and stuff like that I can take care of. Anyway, here's some inspiration for you guys.

[​IMG]

11. tjc

tjc Registered

That`s really excellent... top stuff. :cool:

12. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Nice!

13. David Wright

David Wright Registered

The key man behind the GPLEA 1967 cars and the 65 mod is Gustavo Olivera. Ian Bell spotted his talent many years ago and he worked on GTR. GT Legends, GTR2, Shift. Ferrari Racing Legends and pCARs. Indeed he modeled the Lotus 49 in pCARS.

There are three problems getting current GPL modders to move to a new platform

1) the skills required to mod for GPL are not very transferable to more recent sims.
    2) the large catalogue of cars and tracks available for GPL still make it an attractive platform for 60s F1 mods.
    3) if you haven't jumped ship after 17 years you are not likely to now.

14. Emery

Emery Registered

By the way, in case anyone missed it in the Hermanos Rodriguez track thread, Carrera 4 is working to bring updated 1988 F1 tracks & cars to rF2.