Gmotor 2 errors crash game while loading - currently unplayable

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by mephisto, Nov 16, 2015.

1. mephisto

mephisto Registered

New player here. I purchased Rfactor 2 through Steam. I tried forcing 32bit mode through the launcher, I've tried reinstalling and verifying game files. I also tried disabled Steam overlay yet the errors persist.

Once loading screen to track starts, game minimizes to desktop and I'm met with multiple Gmotor 2 Errors which appear as follows:

Gmotor 2 Error: Error creating vertex shader ( repeat x9 )
    Gmotor 2 Error: Error loading mesh file NO_VISOR.GMT to memory
    Gmotor 2 Error: Error creating vertex shader
    Gmotor 2 Error: Error getting stats for texture MULTICAR2011.DDSError loading texture MULTRICAR2011 for material MULTICAR
    Gmotor 2 error: Error loafing global material MULTICAR
    Gmotor 2 Error: Error loading global material MULTICAR

Then rFactor 2 crashes. Oddly enough the demo works perfectly.

I'm on 64bit Windows 7.
    i5-4690k
    AMD r9 r390
    16gb RAM

2. Vintook

Vintook Registered

I also get these Gmotor2 mesh errors with the steam version but so far it only seems to happen with the Joesville track. I've tried a couple other tracks and they load fine.

3. cabelo3d

cabelo3d Registered

I am getting mostly this error:
    Mesh c6-wipers-b: Bone WIPPERRIGHTBONE01 could not be found in anim file WIPER.ANM
    Followed by rFactor has stopped working.
    This is a random error and sometimes the same track/car combo loads just fine. However it crashes my pc and it is really annoying.
    Waiting for a good soul to help us fixing this..

4. dylbie

dylbie Registered

Which car/mod are you using? GMT errors are a result of missing 3D objects, DDS are missing materials/textures, and the last problem suggests the animation file for the wipers is missing.

I suggest perhaps re-downloading what ever car it is you're trying to use. If that doesn't work, use the GMT2 program in the support/tools folder to extract the files and then see if you can dig through the files to see if something is missing.

5. jaapjanjoost

jaapjanjoost Registered

I am also a new player and installed the rF2 game through my steam account. No mods installed!!! Only Vanilla game.
    I am running the 64bit versions of the game.

When start the game it halts on the following error (twice, I have to ok two times to clear the message):

I tried 2 circuits and several cars. All closed wheel cars no formula cars.
    It seams that the version steam is offering is corrupt.

6. jaapjanjoost

jaapjanjoost Registered

I did a complete erase and reinstall of the game through steam. But the results only become worse. Even with open wheel cars I get the message:

And now also a bunch of DDS files are missing.

Now also no mods installed, only the Vanila game. Downloaded from steam.

7. mephisto

mephisto Registered

Deleting rfactor 2 from Steam or Control Panel does NOT remove all the game files from your computer.

Some rfactor 2 folders & files were still in "My Documents" and in Steam's default install directory: steam/steamapps/common/rfactor 2 . Make sure you've deleted all files.

So far this has solved my problem. Now, only the first time I load a map does it have errors and crash my game. Once I restart the game and retry the game loads perfect and I'm able to play.

It took me two re-installs to realize this. Hopefully ISI figures out a way to fix or avoid this from happening in the future.

8. yenclas

yenclas Registered

Same problem here with fresh install from steam (bought yesterday).

Help Please

9. cabelo3d

cabelo3d Registered

The problems I'm having are also with a fresh install from Steam.. we need help.

10. mephisto

mephisto Registered

My solution

I listed my fix in my last post: Some Rfactor 2 folders & files were still in "My Documents" and in Steam's default install directory (steam/steamapps/common/rfactor 2) even after uninstalling game through control panel. Make sure you've deleted all files from computer before reinstalling. If this doesn't fix it I suggest contacting ISI
    I still experienced errors and crashes but only on the first time loading a track or car after installing it. Afterwards there should be no issues loading any track or car.

EDIT: Giving administrator privilege to "Launch rfactor.exe" found in steamapps/common/rfactor2/Launcher seems to aid some Gmotor Mesh Wiper and Bone errors but not all. Complete wipe then reinstall still recommended

Be aware the game will usually crash if you alt+tab out back onto desktop during a race. Hopefully ISI is aware of this issue as well

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2015
  11. tuuliaki

tuuliaki Registered

I have this same gmotor 2 error ( " wiper anim etc. " ). It started today, I moved to Steam couple of weeks ago. I've owned rFactor 2 two years, but now it's suddenly unplayable.

Help ISI!!

12. matf1

matf1 Registered

In session settings, uncheck all opponents and select only a few.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

13. BullGod

BullGod Registered

Following-up:
    I was able to get everything working as expected. No more GMotor errors, no more wiper.anm issues, no more issues with downloading the new (purchased) content. I removed everything related to RF2, everything. Deleted the Steam DL cache, the RF2 folder in Steam, as well as all data related to the app ID 365960
    -----------------
    As another post read:
    Uninstall rF2 through Steam.
    Go to where your Steam is installed, open the Steam folder and a search: 365960 (Important in my experience)
    Delete everything it finds, (The above references: ~\Steam\steamapps\shadercache\365960) - i deleted this folder as well.
    Delete ~\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2
    You could also go to your Steam settings and clear the download cache
    ------------------
    Doing the above, as well as re-downloading, and running the Sim so it updates my chosen content, then running it successfully. Once I was able to add multipul cars and classes to a session without any errors, I then restored my UserSettings from a backup, and ALL IS WELL!

For the first time, in a long time, I am able to run RF2 in all of its glory and bliss!!!
    -BullGod