Where to install manually downloaded mods in an RF2 Steam install?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I don't know where to install mods... The package file (RFCMP).

I installed the Steam version of RF2 to the default location. According to the launcher, the packages folder is Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor2\Packages but I don't see anything when I go there other than a "Skins" folder but I have every car and track installed from Steam Workshop (except 1 track, Orgeon I believe) but I don't see a single package file.

Where do I install any manually downloaded mods then??...

There isn't any "my documents" RF2 folder before anyone suggests that.

2. Grubby

Grubby Registered

I haven't tried it yet, but what about creating the Packages folder and put the package file in it. Then see if you can install it.

Just a thought.

3. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

If I`m not wrong, mods downloaded/installed by the launcher, are NOT stored into the package folder. This wasn`t with the "old" rf2 version and this should be the same with the steam version. However, manual to install mods/tracks, copy the rfcmp to the package folder and install them with the ModManager.

4. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

ISI contents are on your disk, but not available in the package folder as the non.steam version. You don't have to do anything with ISI contents. They are managed via steam subs.

For third party mods you can do the standard old way; drag packages and install.

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Thanks. Ya, I noticed when I tried joining a server that it did indeed put the rfmod in the packages folder I previously mentioned. I then tried placing the RFCMP in there and the launcher detected it and installed it as usual. Nice.

6. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

This is referring to ISI only content (cars and tracks). When I decide to switch to steam version of rfactor 2, will steam just give me the core rfactor 2 sim and I use the workshop to pick thru which cars I want or will it install everything ISI related once the purchase is made and installation takes place?

If the former happens, is it possible to drag over my content from my non steam version, either the "package" folder or "installed" folder into the steam version and if so will it interfere with content updates for example a new version of a car or track won't get automatically updated from steam?

I only ask because my internet connection is horrible (1.5MB down, 768k Up). My package folder is about 15 GB right now. Takes 2 days to download all of it again.

7. Woodee

Woodee Registered

You can still use the mod manager to install third party content if it is not on the workshop, I have done it myself :)

8. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

Thanks Woodee, saves me a ton of time on that.

9. Woodee

Woodee Registered

No problem :)

10. Jonathon LeFaive

Jonathon LeFaive Registered

ISI content is part of the rFactor 2 installation in Steam. You will have to download all of the content if you install the Steam version.

11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

There are cars and/or tracks that ISI have placed in the RF2 launcher but not in Steam Workshop?

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I always liked mod manager more, easy to digest then the launcher when you have multi package locations.