rFactor 2 Now on Steam

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Emery

Emery Registered

Once the game is launched, is there any reason to continue running the Steam client or can it be closed?

2. pedrocant

pedrocant Registered

It can not, I tried it , and asks you before closing rFactor :(

3. pedrocant

pedrocant Registered

No solution to this ?, passage Steam has ruined me game :enojado:

There any way to go back to my old activation ISI ?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2016
  4. Comante

Comante Registered

Could the freeze during the race have something to do with replay recording? Maybe try disabling it or reducing replay details

5. IgnacioK

IgnacioK Registered

Apparently ,it is related to the replay recording (only with the steam client)

I was having micro stutters/freezing (even when i was looking the AI driving,while i was in the garage)now everything is perfect without the replay recording.

Btw changing the quality dint help me ,may be couse my pc is not that great .

6. pedrocant

pedrocant Registered

I have always replays off :confused:

7. stonec

stonec Registered

Replay recording should work exactly the same both in Steam and non-Steam version, the whole core simulation is identical in Steam and non-Steam. The only reason I could think of is that you installed Steam edition on a slower HDD, and the HDD is responding so slowly that it's causing the game to halt.

8. pedrocant

pedrocant Registered

I realized that only makes me do the first race after opening steam, then leave without closing steam, rFactor2 , and I no longer do it again until I close steam and again I open it again

9. smbrm

smbrm Registered

So I thought my conversion to Steam went well yesterday. Everything seemed to work and I was able to play Rfactor2 via Steam on the latest server I am set up for. Today I startup and open the launcher only to get the "Data Transfer TimeOut" error in the launcher for that server?

Didn't know whether it was the server or the game?

Fortunately, after some more loading, it appears other servers work!

What might the "Data Transfer timeout" mean?

Question Understood: Server in question was in the matchmaker list but not properly connected.

Thanks, happier camper now:)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2016
  10. chrisracer

chrisracer Registered

Just got my steam key, now what do I do with it to get he game?

11. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

12. fluffert

fluffert Registered

In an earlier post to this thread, the ISI & 3PA Auto-Subscription & Cache process was described. I thought from that that you could unsubscribe from items, including ISI & 3PA content and that these would be deleted from your game folders, though the ISI & 3PA content would remain in the cache as this is seen as part of the basic initial game download.

I've tried to unsubscribe and as far as I can see no ISI or 3PA reference data is removed from my game folders, even though Steam shows the few subscribed items I've chosen to keep. This means I have 2 copies for each item. Have I misunderstood?

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, you understood correctly. It sounds like the content is being kept despite you unsubscribing.

See this post. You might still have the RaceEvents subscribed.

Hparadine and fluffert like this.
  14. fluffert

fluffert Registered

Thanks Lazza,

I hadn't seen the RaceEvents influence. I've now managed to reduce the game content considerably, albeit the cache content remains untouched. C'est La Vie!

15. orlandospot

orlandospot Registered

A query I have my rfactor 2 of 1 year and I am due in June 2017 but with the last update 1108 has been placed for life, this means that my version of a year passed for life without paying anything

16. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Multiplayer is free since build 1108

17. orlandospot

orlandospot Registered

thanks for the info

18. boxer

boxer Registered

I have two question regarding steam workshop items.

1. Is it possible to subscribe without locking the rF2 game while the content is being downloaded?
    One of the benefits of the ISI site download was that I could play the game while waiting for content to download..(Could be hours for me with my slow download speeds).

Does anyone know of a solution to this?

The way it works I now its a huge step backwards to the previous method of content updating at least for me it is.

2. Once the steam subscription is downloaded... where is the *rfmod file store at? can one move it to my regular packages folder.
    Personally due to issue number one ... I only subscribe to a steam item if there is no other way of downloading the content. but the minute I find an alternate link I UN-subscribe and install it by the rF2 Mod manager instead.

I find the normal "rFactor2 Mod Manager v0.93x" a far superior way of managing the mods.
    I also hope a link to this app finds its way to the rF2 Launcher... that or the rF2 Launcher gets update to the same level of detail.

Guimengo likes this.
  19. Emery

Emery Registered

Boxer - I'm somewhat in the same boat as you. I think you can pause a workshop content download and go on to play by opening the Steam client, clicking on Library menu, and selecting Downloads option. That opens a window where you can see the download queue and fiddle with it. Problem is I don't remember what I did to actually get rF2 to launch, but I'm fairly certain I've done it that way a few times now...

The subscribed workshop files for rF2 are placed in your ..\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content directory structure. On my computer, there is a 365960 subfolder which contains all the rF2 workshop subscriptions. Inside of 365960 are a bunch of other 9-digit numbered subfolders, one for each subscribed item (?), and inside each of those you'll find the .rfcmp file.

boxer likes this.
  20. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

...and in
    are all stock workshop files, just renamed to *.cache. You can copy this files to your prefered folder and rename them to .rfcmp (just delete .cache).