rFactor 2 Now on Steam

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

How would using the game only in offline mode help online leagues who want to stick with a prior version?

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

+1

Still think we shoot yourselves in the foot sometimes.

This morning non-steam I see 25 single driver rooms and 14 with 2 drivers averaging in at 1.3 drivers a room.

ISI OPEN SERVERS ................empty every day

You want to try something................put up F3 Historic rotating on the 3 historic tracks up for a week. :rolleyes:

3. Dobbie

Dobbie Registered

Right. Over this sometimes people in a community update headily before the others, and backstep seems to be not possible while using steam.
    Because of problems we had an backstep on prepare for Nords24 few weeks ago from 1008 to 946, in a right decision in my opinion. For me steam isn´t perfect for leagues or communities...

4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I'm not sure if you are serious or just didn't connect the dots. I meant STEAM offline mode obviously. You don't need it online to connect to servers, right?
    Also as I said it's just a theory. If you have a game that you know it's going to be updated soon do a test. Change the update setting and go online in Steam when the update is released but don't play the game, you should not receive the update and check if you can still use it with Steam offline despite not having it updated.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2015
  5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Edit: ops, wrong thread

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yep ;) was obvious the ramifications first time I heard steam mentioned at ISI, should have been to anyone ran any GMotor Steam anyways.

Besides that, can you run a old build of AC , ProjectCars, is there any sim you can that ??

What on earth possessed people to think ISI would be different ? :D

Hey and that was a year before my " Why buy 2 copies of rF2 ? " got shut down. How ironic. :rolleyes:

==================

But I think you have to look at Leagues in 2 light.

Smaller private ones have no need for Steam workshop or downloading files or knowing who is on a Steam server.
    On top of that they get the extra advantages of older content.

But if you have a larger group or business after customers, imo you be crazy not to go full Steam and adapt to whatever comes your way.

I mean isn't it the same in real life for F1 teams and drivers, they do not get everything their own way.

;)

7. bunrfutter

bunrfutter Registered

Thanks for the reply. Thats what im doing too. When you choose a car and have vehicle set activated you can see which rotation that car has in the options menu. Luckily its displayed so you can exit the game and change it in the logitech profiler and start the game again. A bit complicated but its the only way. Whats still bothering me is that the FF in rfactor 2 is realy light.. sometimes i got the feeling its off. Compared to other sims this is something wich confuses me. So im wondering if disabling centering spring in the profiler and setting spring and damper effect on 0% is clever. If rfactor2 is not setting the rotation to the g25 by itself i guess its not applying its own spring/damper effects?
    Here is my logitech profiler setting: View attachment 18686

8. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

No black friday deal?

9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

There was a nice Steam-launch deal going on until 11 days ago. Maybe come winter sale it can go down in price again.

10. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Reporting that guys arent able to join the server during warm-up (only for steam version dedi)

11. Woodee

Woodee Registered

With multiplayer.json files that are identical?

12. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Just to update the "what if my league runs old version" thing.
    AC showed me I had an update to do (it is set to only update when I launch the game). Steam in offline mode asked me if I wanted to update or launch it. I could launch just fine.
    On the other hand workshop content will be updated even with this setting being used and even if you don't launch rF2 (just tested it with the Ferrari Challenge mod).

AC update is a small one, a hotfix. More tests with bigger updates are needed but seems possible to stop your rF2 from updating.

13. stonec

stonec Registered

I doubt any league is going to rely on "don't open Steam in online mode or you are screwed forever". Managing hundred or more people of which most also have other games on Steam that might need online mode, is just not feasible.

14. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

If you actually read my comment you'll notice you can use Steam online as much as you want.
    "it is set to only update when I launch the game" is self explanatory :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2015
  15. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Eaxctly the same

16. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Anyone from US/Europe could check AC price in Euro and Dollar and compare with rF2 lifetime? Here in Brazil AC total price should become more expensive than rF2 lifetime in the Dream Pack 4

Edit: if you buy AC and Dream pack 1 + 2 separated already puts AC price same as rF2 lifetime. All together is a bit cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2015
  17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Never buy anything AC on full price. In a couple of weeks it will be 50% off again with DLC 1 and 2 also discounted. Currently, AC with DLC 1 + 2 is sold for USD$59.99, $25 less than rF2 lifetime in the US.

18. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Can follow the same advice and don't buy rF2 on full price. That's not the point here..... But thanks for the info.
    As I said with DP3 price will get close, DP4 it will be higher. (Here in Brazil)
    This is just interesting how people don't seem to have a problem with that. And it's only 4 DPs, a lot more are coming lol Thanks ISI :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2015
  19. Woodee

Woodee Registered

If you have steam... go to the Steam properties for rFactor 2, beta tab and select 1028. You can now roll back versions..... awesome huh?

Now... what is the next thing you are all going to gripe about now this problem is solved eh?

20. McLeo

McLeo Registered

Hi there, i pass my rFactor2 account to Steam. i have normal account. I would like change for lifetime. is possible? where i need to do? I'm from Brazil.
    thank's.