rFactor 2 Now on Steam

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

He got one by now... No need to panic, staff :)

2. Chefmark

Chefmark Registered

Can not live with Rfactor :)

3. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

So basically u have to buy from STEAM anyways right? coz I dont think no one will run rF2 offline.

Im using my account to host. I think I will wait for rF2 Dedicated Server release before moving to Steam.

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I was reading this thread http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/27065-HOW-do-I-migrate-to-Steam-please then that was closed and directed to this thread. Well I still can't see anywhere explaining how to migrate my game to Steam...

I got the code, it's activated in Steam and says I need to download the game. So can someone explain how to migrate my current RF2 game so I don't have to redownload 12 GB (or was it 17 GB?) of data? Can I somehow point Steam to my current install or tell it I already have most of the files or something???....

Me and a friend are both wondering and would really like to play right now so some help ASAP would be great.

Thanks!!!

5. matf1

matf1 Registered

There is no migration mate. You simply trade a licence for a steam key!
    Hope to see you on in a bit.

You could try allowing the base to be created (steam process) then stop the download, close steam and copy the rF2 folder over.... it might work.

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Cool thanks Mat.

Is there any way - once the Steam download starts and creates all the folders and directories - that I can then close Steam, move all my current ISI packages to the Steam install and then the Steam will detect I already have the cars? Or do I literally need to download them all again with no "tricks" around it?

7. matf1

matf1 Registered

I didn't migrate yet, so no idea. I have used that concept with other titles, so guinea pig it for me :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ahh screw it, I'm just gonna let it download everything, lol. I used Revouninstaller to do a thorough and deep uninstall of my current RF2 install (backed up stuff like replays, car setups, etc.). Start nice and fresh :)

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I not making a move till Historics are updated.

They be ignored in their current form, bead gaps on rims, 3 colours , windscreen bug , bad HDR.

I mean it is not a great look.

11. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Do not worry mate it is going to be alright. I have over 300 games in Steam, 7 of them are trading a license for a steam key and I use them as non Steam, now I have 8 of them. :)

12. Nazirull Safry Paijo

That might work, no?

Anyonen tried it? I really dont wanna redownload everything that i already have.

13. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

No brainer for me. I have had so much enjoyment from rFactor over the years that I am buying a new Steam install and keeping my other lifetime one for now. I'll take the flak (and put on my flak jacket now) but in my view if you can afford to be online to comment and have rF2 already (and a PC and peripherals to run it) you are not exactly poor, so consider what you have spent or wated money on as a hobby and 40% off is not a big deal.

Last time I spoke up like this I was compared to Marie Antionette with her "Let them eat cake" statement and that stopped me posting publicly for years - I now realise the guy who told me off was the world's greatest idiot

14. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I'd rather have pizza than cake, but if without pizza I'd not mind vanilla pound cake.

15. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Then don't complain if your installation is getting problems in the future.

Why in earth you should move to steam if you want to hack your installation to work exactly as the non.steam version?

My lord guys.....

16. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Indeed Brack. Its shudve been a no brainer. Im thinking too much haha.
    Ive been planning to do that too. Keeping the non-steam (as it is hosting the races now and steam dedicated server is not out yet) and getting another one for my races.

17. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Not to mention you can use the offline one for testing, trying old builds, new builds do what you like.

I think Spinelli may wake up to that ;)

Who would have ever thought a developer would hint to buy 2 installs, it was my first thought in that thread " hey that is a great idea".

I puzzled by guy rates it bad as too dear, this too dear thing again. lol
    Like he forewarns people when the special expires not to buy it. lmao

Hello grab it for $50 ? $1 dearer then AC and cheaper then pCars.......... ? wt ?

PCars + all DLC is dearer then rF2
    AC listed prices are 60 + 25 DLC and as I said years ago will add more so that too will be as dear as rF2

How can anyone possibly claim it is " too dear" ............off their trees.

18. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Just curious. Chill.

19. Nazirull Safry Paijo

THIS is one of the feature that ive been looking forward to. And being a STEAM noob (having only 4 games install in it) i have only the slightest idea on how this works.

20. Gartzen

Gartzen Registered

If I switch to steam version, will I be able to install mod packages the old way, or just via steam workshop?