[WIP] PIXSIM Tweets

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pixsim, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Thanks and I hope you find paid work to continue your contribution because you have the talent. And, I hope the track grip was returned to normal levels :)

2. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Thanks for all you've done here, pixsim.

3. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Thank you pixsim, good luck with all you gonna do in the future

4. SRGP

SRGP Registered

Merci beaucoup ! One of rF2 high quality tracks recently released.

5. SupermightyZ

SupermightyZ Registered

6. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

PIXSIM, post#1: "My Last chapter will be the 1972 charade track. Simply, because i leave at 15 kms ,and I estimate that I have enough datas now( drawing, pictures, books), to do it with accuracy, and for me it was the initial project ten year before."
    PIXSIM, post#171: "
    It will be the last free or public track for rfactor 2"
    The two statements appear to be conflicting...
    A pessimist might say he's changed his mind about remaking 1972 Charade for rF2. :(
    An optimist might ask, has ISI plunked down some cash for a PIXSIM 3PA 1972 Charade? Because that would be a no-brainer, ISI.

7. philman

philman Registered

Nice track with good grip. Many thanks.

8. pixsim

pixsim Registered

Hum deadpedal

I see that you need more explanations about my decision and my futur goal

I have started the modding in 2006 with RF1 and still after 10 on the ISI engine with RF2.
    I'm not the best modder on this earth but i have enought knowledge to do alone tracks and cars.

I'm a modder for passion, passion to share my vision ( graphical aspect ) and help people to discover contents than you can't find on any another racing game like the T280, Alpine A364 or Nogaro track.

That was my motivation

I'm not a modder for money ( in exemple, 15 euros in dotations for Nogaro track, O euros for the T280)
    I'm not a modder for the glory ( who know, who I'm ? after 10 years )
    I'm not a modder for find a job ( I have one with more responsabilities )

So yes, I'm a modder for passion but when :

-you received in feedback complains or sentences likes this "Nice track but really need to work on the pitbuilding, that one still looks like a conversion from a 10 years old model" last virtualr post.
    and also
    -you learn than any pro simulatosr use your tracks for training cession (and it's not free for theses drivers)

At the end, I have the feeling than I'm the stupid guy in this story. Because i give my free times and it's never enough for one parts of the community or fews people make money on my back.

I think the golden age for modding his behind, create original contents from scratch need a lot of time and actually, people want all very quickly.

but my passion still present.

So yes, i will do the Charade track (1972 version), but in my mind i will do before for me. Nobody ask for a 3PA
    Actually, I'm so interesing in the VR, I believe a lot in this technlogy for simracing, that's the reason why I'm looking to do perhaps the charade track on AC, and not for RF2.

So in my schedule,
    1- help mauricio leiva on his fantastic March 721.
    2- wait a feedback from a real pro driver between AC vs RF2 to help me to determinate the next the Charade 72 platerform.
    3- done the charade 72 and post screenshoot on my blog

I hope i have clarified my idea

9. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

Ah, Pixsim, I feel for you, man. There is nothing quite like sharing your art and passion and getting sh*t on for it or ripped-off. I do wish there was a way for you to hear more loudly the silent majority who do appreciate what you've done, and ignore the tactless trolls who just seem to have a uncontrollable urge to say something negative. I think you have a fine legacy with Nogaro, the T280 and the Alpine. Please, keep the passion and filter out the fools. I for one consider PIXSIM a name to remember. Thank you.

10. emha76

emha76 Registered

11. Skan

Skan Registered

I don't remember which version of Nogaro was the first I tried or when that happened. What I do remember is how pleased I was with the quality of the track. There are not enough people who can make quality tracks and/or vehicles from scratch and get them working in rF2. You can do both and want to leave which I think is almost criminal :D

12. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Hi, we know together for long time now because we started modding on rF1 too for the same reason. And I (and some other modder around me) have the same feeling. The guys today want all quick, perfect, and Free without a simple thank you.
    Another point, rF2 is harder and longer to mod now, and there is many little point in rF2 that limit because unfinished or lack of documentation that add frustration when working hard on mods.

So lassitude is what slow down the modding task, the passion is still there, but free time is not extensible, so take more time and so lead to reduce the number of modding subject to keep motivation intact.

I hope you still work on rF2. But I understand your feeling ;)

13. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Pixsim most important is you keep plessure in your hobby. So i really do hope you keep on modding no matter what platform you mod for.

There are many people out there not saying anything but enjoying your work for rf2. We at SR4L did several championships and races with the T280 and we all love it. And we like to thank you for that.

Anyhow keep up your passion and i do hope you stay with us here at rF2.
    Be good man ;)

14. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Yes, this is so true and I have received my share of this kind of feedback from every single project which I have released personally. People do not understand how much work these "nice tracks" requires, which can be hundreds of even thousands working hours on your own freetime. With family and daytime job, its not easy task to manage... Constructive feedback is ok, but "feedback" like above really makes you think if all this is worth of it. In other hand, personally I've got used to it and grown pretty thick skin against this kind of "feedback".

Simracing is not only platform where users behaves this way with free 3rd party (modders) content. I could give dozens of examples from flightsim community "feedback", where (for example) some users are counting rivets from 747 fuselage and announce to the world that this specific model is totally POS because one rivet is missing...

Unfortunately it feels like (from modders point of view) simracing community members are nowdays rarely satisfied with anything. Bringing modder down with his/her recently published content is some kind of "sport", which some people has taken mission of life. Same time moddable platforms has become more complex with more features, which increases production time (usage of modders freetime). Its not only bad thing, because now we have tools to create even more awesome content, which we could only dream 5 - 10 years ago, and which all of us should enjoy instead of whining.

Pixsim, take deep breath and get yourself some vacation from modding. You have deserved it and thank you for your hard work to this community. After few months spark might ignite again and we hope to hear you in the future with fresh content.

Take care.

Cheers

Jka

15. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Wow...this is really a shame. I really want to support those kind of high quality track creation and your personal effort for the rF2 community. Therefore i did now a small donation, maybe other would follow...!

16. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

I think this happens to any "product" because people who are unsatisfied usually have a stronger incentive giving their "feedback".
    People who are satisfied usually just enjoy it.

"Always look on the bright side of life". If you compare download numbers to the number of people complaining you get roughly the number of people enyoing it.[emoji1]

17. boxer

boxer Registered

Hi pixsim Just block all of those negative people out... I quite enjoy all the mods you gave us so far, they are in my Must Install folder :)
    I'll give you my experience. Some of the skins I did for both GTR2 and rF2 got a few negative comments from people who didn't approve... I got a few thumbs down.. my first thought was delete the link, photos and every trace of the skins including all other skins I posted... but after a second thought... I did the skins for myself so stuff them.. :)

Hate to see yet another talented moder moving way from rF2. I hope you continue creating mods for rF2 even if you decide to create for other platforms as well .

18. Yotan

Yotan Registered

I was sure that the grip problem has been resolved. Thank you very much.

19. Harmermania

Harmermania Registered

+1

Pixsim (and all the other modders) your efforts are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

20. JCRR

JCRR Registered

Hello

" who know, who I'm ? after 10 years "

I know!

All is allright for you?
    I'm very happy to know that Charade will be created!

à bientôt ! ?