[WIP] PIXSIM Tweets

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pixsim, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

This! Well done, thanks again.

2. tjc

tjc Registered

3. Gringosan

Gringosan Registered

Thank you!

4. ´goggo1peter

´goggo1peter Registered

5. Andy_rsrf

Andy_rsrf Registered

[​IMG]

...just simply great! Thank you.

6. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

Very nice track pixsim, thanks for sharing! I've already run about 150 laps on this today with a few cars, had a couple races and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

There is one thing I noticed, and I'm not sure if it's supposed to be this way...but all the cars I tried (Palatov D4, Flat 6, Nissan 370Z) had issues with the curbs (the same as the one in the image above this post) in that if I drove one tire past, I couldn't return to the track. I'd have to straddle the curb until the curb ended and then be able to rejoin the track. From the outside of the curb, it seems like there is a higher collision point than on the inside, and the cars I drove had issues...again not sure if that's intended or not but thought I'd let you know.

Thanks again for sharing your very nice track.

7. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Thank you. Great track

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

8. gt40

gt40 Banned

On topic of curbs, IIRC T280 was colliding with curb as if curb was too high. Thanks for track.

Edit - And collision was happening not at beginning of curb but at some point between beginning and end if that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. pixsim

pixsim Registered

thanks all, but could you give me, a list for the majors bugs that you have seen , I will try to solve them before done a steam version this week end.

10. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

For me, I already noted the curbs, but also I think there may be an issue when a car goes into the pits...the lap doesn't count. I assume the start/finish plane doesn't extend into the pit lane?

The only other bug, is that this track is so magnificently done I'm not wanting much to drive other tracks now. From about minute 1 of me driving this has become one of my favorite tracks in rF2...much better than the fantastic rF1 version you made even. Cheers mate!

11. Lgel

Lgel Registered

An AI driven SLS GT3 ran wide at the last curve before start finish line and flew in the air after riding two wheels on tarmac, two wheels on curb or past curb, at 1/3 of the curb.

Thanks and cheers, the track is a blast to drive.

12. Gupster

Gupster Registered

First, Thank you for the wonderful track! Super nice details everywhere you look and it drives and feels alive.

One bug, the grass to the left of the longest straight at turn 7 is like oiled ice... I went off there in an online race last night and couldn't make it back to the track surface. The car spun round and round even with neutral gear and the brakes fully locked.

Thanks again for the work!

13. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Great work !
    Merci. :)

14. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Very, very Nice! Haven't driven enough to critic, but first impressions....fantastic

15. pixsim

pixsim Registered

16. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

cool, thx

//Edit: ouch...some hidden parts around? :D

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2016
  17. sg333

sg333 Registered

Thank you!

18. pixsim

pixsim Registered

ohh shxxxt, I believe , that I have solve all, really the pb come from 3d rumble mesh. I have one soluce, redo all the rumble with 2D like many track. But after many weeks , month on it, I start to be little bit disapointed and blue with this track.

19. asehauDLM

asehauDLM Registered

Thanks for the update, but I will stick with the old version for now.
    Don't want to fly around like in Jürgens video :D

20. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Try not using the sink effect on your 3D curbs as may happen is creating a negative step where the collision model is crashing. So, try with just Sink=0.0 for your 3D curbs and test again.

If this it not going to solve check road materials which are in contact with 3D curbs, as well as grass after 3D curbs. Try setting Sink=0.0 for these materials too and check again.

As 3D curbs are already producing REAL sink effects (vertex are not planar), every .tdf sink effect in the Road/Curb/Grass sequence may introduce these problems due a possible conflict between virtual sink (in the material) and the real one in the curb.

If this is going to solve you can fine tune those values, if you still think you need that effect...and/or just setting to zero.

Also, when you have these problems, you can investigate the issue running your track in devmode and accessing the TDF visualizer - pressing CTRL+H few times until you see that purple grid. That grid is the graphic representation of the interaction between tires and mesh with .TDF materials. This is very helpful to visualize, in 3D, what the TDF is describing with numbers. So a virtual sink, which is not visible ingame, will be visible using that function.