No. 32 rFactor 2 Ford Fusion to race NASCAR Sprint Cup in Phoenix

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 23, 2015.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

NEWS LINK: http://rfactor.net/web/2015/10/22/no-32-rfactor-2-ford-fusion-to-race-nascar-sprint-cup-in-phoenix/

rFactor 2 to sponsor Gase for the Quicken Loans Race for Heroes 500(k) NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Phoenix International Raceway Nov 15th

Image Space Incorporated (ISI) has today announced its sponsorship of the No. 32 Ford Fusion with racer Joey Gase for the Quicken Loans Race for Heroes 500(k) NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Phoenix International Raceway on Nov 15th.

Gase, 22, has won several track championships at short tracks in the midwestern United States. He currently drives full-time in the No. 52 Chevrolet Camaro for Jimmy Means Racing in the NASCAR Xfinity Series, and also drives the No. 32 Ford Fusion in the Sprint Cup Series on a part time basis.

“NASCAR is a true commercial marketplace,” said Tim Wheatley, vice president of commercial licensing for ISI. “What better way to announce your racing simulation as being available for licensing to sponsors, race tracks and businesses, than to expose yourself to them directly. Whether they are looking to setup a ‘pay to play’ arcade machine in their restaurants, or attract people to their stand at a trade show, we have software that can be tailored to suit.”

Available to retail customers at the rFactor.net Web site, rFactor 2 is a racing simulation for PC that creates a truly dynamic racing environment for the first time. This puts you, the driver, into a true simulation of racing, instead of just an advanced physics demo; Changing track grip, tires, weather and lighting make rFactor 2 a true challenge to any sim racer.

rFactor 2 are teaming up with Joey and Go Green Racing not just to promote their new simulation, but to also help promote something that is very close to Joey’s heart; organ, eye, and tissue donation. The No. 32 rFactor 2 car will also be sporting the Donate Life Arizona logo on the bumper.

To add to this already awesome partnership, rFactor 2 and Go Green Racing will let fans and rFactor 2 users design the paint scheme! All you have to do is design the paint scheme by the rules below, take a screen shot of the rFactor 2 stock car in the rFactor 2 software, and submit your template and screenshot to joeygasepr@gmail.com. The winner will receive 2 HOT PASSES to the Quicken Loans Race for Heroes 500(k)!

– All entries must be submitted by Oct 28th
    – U.S. drivers license required. Travel and accommodation not included.
    – Must have the rFactor 2 logo on the hood, along with “rFactor.net” text
    – Donate Life Arizona logo on the bumper
    – The color scheme must consist of orange, white, black, and grey (matching rFactor 2 logo where possible)

Joey’s connection to organ, eye, and tissue donation:

http://video.foxsports.com/video/FOXSupports/Joey_Gase_FTR.mp4

Links:

http://rfactor.net – rFactor racing simulation
    http://donatelifeaz.org – Donate Life Arizona
    http://imagespaceinc.com – Image Space Inc.
    http://joeygaseracing.com – Joey Gase Racing
    http://go-green-racing.com – Go Green Racing

Contact Tim Wheatley at ISI for more information or for details on commercial licensing.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Just a quick footnote to our own community, my primary role (and my initial hiring reason) is commercial licensing for ISI. That is the licensing of our software OUTWARD to other organizations.

The budget for this didn't come from rF2 retail sales, and retail sales aren't the reason for doing it. While I can appreciate 'why didn't you do x instead' replies, this is primarily about the commercial revenue stream I manage.

Anything that happens on the retail side as a result, I consider a bonus.

Now... Get painting if you can get to Phoenix next month... (Using any template for our SC is fine, they'll use it as a design base).

3. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Very cool.

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Awesome stuff :cool:

5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Great! :D Unfortunately I can't get to Arizona :)

6. Skan

Skan Registered

Seeing the big rF2 logo speeding around the track sounds like a good enough reason to watch the race. I can't be the only one thinking the same thing. I'm willing to bet some people have already told their friends that like NASCAR (but don't have rF2) about this race. Those watching the race might feel the need to check out the website. This is a perfect form of promotion for ISI. Hopefully it won't stop at one car or one race type. I'd love to see this carry over to all aspects of racing that rF2 is capable of.

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Great stuff !

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Well, the rF2 car that got picked as the additional livery can be used, the base at least. Makes the most sense.

9. TTupsi

TTupsi Registered

So no chance for us Europeans to take part? :(

10. Woodee

Woodee Registered

You can if you can make it to Arizona ;)

11. Cozza

Cozza Registered

If ISI send me a real cup car and I will drive to Arizona from Oz
    (I know there are oceans but google maps will tell me a correct way to drive there :p)

12. Emery

Emery Registered

And have a USA drivers license.

13. Tom

Tom Registered

Man, that's great! Being a Ford fan (and and rFactor fan) I'll be rooting extra for Joey at Phoenix.....which is a great track!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2015
  14. Depco

Depco Registered

While you may only care about the commercial revenue this might bring, I for one hope it brings more retail buys. The more the merrier.

Is it just me or has ISI really started to ramp up the advertising and promotions for rF2? I am happy to see this. They really are on a roll.

15. felirrari

felirrari Registered

Nice job! We want to see a photo or a render!

16. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I'm here in Austria any links or hints how I can follow the race?
    I'm afraid via our TV channels it will be not possible .

17. TJones

TJones Registered

Here in germany i can watch Sprint-Cup (most of the races live, rest in a summary on monday), some Nationwide and a few races of the european series at Motorvision-TV, which is part of the SKY-TV-package (Pay-TV). If i'm not wrong SKY is also available in austria.

18. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

thx for reply yes but it's pay tv and I have no sky abo :p

19. coops

coops Banned

orsam stuff hope to see the race and rf2 plastered all over the car

20. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Nice. Do you have any photos of the car in action?