rFactor 2 40% Off - Renewals 10% Off

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 15, 2015.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Then you're being hypocritical. That's the exact example you gave with the iPhone. :)

2. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

I don't know what hypocritical means. Is the opposite to hypercritical?
    Anyway, you are wrong. Read again.

3. brianwatson7765

brianwatson7765 Registered

Thanks Tim, isi for this promo...lifetime licence is now mine

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

4. 88mphTim

I don't have to. I understand perfectly.

Unfortunately though, I just don't think it's going to work out giving you your third opportunity to circumvent a lifetime ban from the forum. Whether it is a lack of understanding of English or attitude or whatever. You're obviously stubborn like I am, and it's just boring to repeat myself.

Every year my iPhone is worth less, because the new one comes out. If you're using that as a way to say that price changes are a bad thing, but didn't complain when rF1 price dropped due to the rF2 release (or even now see the correlation with the iPhone you - not me - were using as an example), then frankly you don't have a leg to stand on. I'll happily remove the other limb now. That'll be the last time you walk back in. :(

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Oh the irony....

The permaban seems a bit harsh though

6. 88mphTim

It's a cumulative thing really. If it was his first account here, it would be different (and was). Eventually you tire of giving someone timeout.

7. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Yeah fair enough, I even was tempted a while ago to make a page on the web called 'HasLuisBeenBannedToday.com'

With a timer and everything :p

8. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

One week ago it was about twice to get a new lifetime than upgrading from yearly subscription.

Today ISI changes what it was a week ago considered a fair proportion between both ways of getting THE SAME PRODUCT AT THE SAME TIME by a customer and a newcomer. The customer had preferential price wrt to the newcomer (because he had already paid before I guess...)

And you still don't understand that your customers that are not getting any discount for upgrading despite having already paid a similar amount of money to what now is being asked for, feeling worse treated wrt a newcomer.

It certainly is not the same case as rF1 going on sale years after it was released.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The upgrade cost has basically never changed. And that means never - you may have renewed 3 times while someone on lifetime paid nothing, and you still have to pay the same to upgrade (so you're already paying more overall, despite being 'just as loyal' whatever that means)

Sure, you end up paying more than a newcomer (right now, for the next 1-2 days) for lifetime access now - but you also had your access in the past the newcomer obviously didn't. So the extra you paid was for that, effectively. And again - you paid what you paid with the understanding you had to pay every year to renew, or an amount to upgrade, and you can continue to renew or you can upgrade for that same cost. You can talk about what's changed but that certainly hasn't.

10. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Does anyone hear an echo in here??

11. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

iRacing has free 3 month promotions for newcomers.

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

They have large discounts for existing members renewing too ;).

Honestly I think this price reduction is fantastic to bring in new people. I've been trying to push it among a few guys in the site I'm part of. As a user it would just be nice to see some sort of discount for those who have always been looking about an upgrade but it was always cost prohibitive. Even at $25-30 bucks it would be a very good deal to upgrade.

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

lol controversy central over something so simple

I think some people on here should never ever buy stocks,
    the perceived value ( thus the actual value ) can change by the second .....moaning or pre-conceived ideas will make no difference

ISI has the right to alter the price for rf2 at will & at any moment without notice
    if a user has purchased previously at a lower or a higher price because that was obviously the price they were happy to pay at that piticular time
    previous pricing has no bearing or influence on the price rf2 could be the next day or in a decades time
    as its a free market mainly driven by demand, that demand can increase / decrease at any time thus so can the price

it makes no difference what Iracing is doing -Iracing do all sorts of reduced subscription charges, there is never a free demo though ( which is the case with rf2 ) again two completely different pricing models

14. 88mphTim

No argument refunds with ISI, too. Which some people who purchased a "week ago when pricing was higher" have used to good effect, rebuying using this 40% off. We are SO unfair, eh?

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I don't get none of it.

People slammed rF2 for being too dear right from the start.

pCars and AC DLC makes them both dearer then rF2 offline and pCars dearer then rF2 Life

Isn't that what the majority does ? offline ?

16. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

I don't mind the sale/pricing.

I went life time first day when it was released and considered the price to be very cheap at that time for the kind of product we were and are assuming to get.

This sale is clearly to attract alot of new people to populate the servers and get more spread and more banking for ISI. It's a wise move and I applaud for that decision.

We need more players to populare our servers and get bigger!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2015
  17. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Thx IsI I bought another copy for myself........

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

+1 JP

Also I do not see where Kunos or SMS say " Life Online" nor do I see them selling a offline version for half the price. :rolleyes:

But let's not get into semantics or sim trashing.......... lool

hehe ;)

19. blanes

blanes Registered

I rarely visit here anymore but after reading through this entire thread I still do not really understand what is going on.

I have a standard rF2 subscription and went onto steam but when I typed in rFactor2 in the search bar nothing at all came up.

Will my standard subscription migrate to Steam at some point ? I see the promo link has standard price of AUD $42.99 - so can I upgrade Life time for the difference of AUD$40 and how would I go about doing that please ?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2015
  20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You'll find more info in the steam related thread. It's not on steam yet by the way.

And you'll pay $50 to upgrade to lifetime.