rFactor 2 40% Off - Renewals 10% Off

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

what's wrong?

moving our existing rf2 to steam maintains our online license too?

eg I originally paid for lifetime online access , if I move it to steam the lifetime online access moves too ?

2. Caleostro

Caleostro Registered

When I try to I get the errors that depor described in post 61.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2015
  3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Yes

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

great cheers, nothing lost then, makes sense to move the installation to steam then for the updating & online steam voice communication alone

good good

5. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

Read it:
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/137046/article.html
    http://www.cnet.com/news/apples-iphone-price-cuts-leave-mixed-feelings/

Edit: Btw, posting these link doesn't mean that i want to keep pushing this button or trying anymore any compensation. I wont play more if, instead upgrading for $52 to lifetime, i bought second lifetime license for $50 and kept my standard account.
    I dont want $2 back either. Im just saying that it isn't completely absurd dislike the way it happened.
    It isn't much ado about nothing (yeah, shakespeare biatches). Unfortunately my english skills will frustrate me at some point and name calling will start and dont want to get banned for the first time in this forum now that im commited lifetime with Isi :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2015
  6. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

I have already bought a new lifetime account.

In fact I guess this is the correct option, this way I will have my steam account for casual mp with friends, and non-steam for league racing (in case I eventually enter any), modding and anything else.

7. Numrollen

Numrollen Registered

Beside now i wont buy or upgrade to lifetime, i hope steam dont get the only source. i like the rF2 tool but there is still work to be done to make it perfect. Even i play a lot in steam (only because many titels are steam exclusive) i dont like it and never will. There are other plattforms then steam, origin and uplay that are better in many ways (gog.com galaxy / Desura) and other sources to buy games from.

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

RF2 will never be Perfect, nor will any other game ;)

Steam is widely regarded as the best platform and as we know ISI have done their research, hence why rF1 was first to go on there to "tread the water". Personally I think Steam is miles ahead of Origin and ever further ahead than UPlay (yes I have all three), for me there really is only one Platform to go to and I welcome the transition.

9. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

I just renewed my online subscription for the second time in the RF2 life-cycle... three weeks ago.
    I was a bit reluctant... given the fact that I am able to count on one hand the number of servers I was able to access all that first renewal period.
    I personally could give a rat's **s about thirteen dollars a year. It's not going to break me.
    What I do want to know is if the migration to Steam will offer better access to multiplayer before I commit to any new license purchase.
    Will the absolutely annoying practice of adding numerous cars and track to mods disappear?
    Will there be a better chance of getting into pick-up races and getting value?

10. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

This affects me because when I bought the rFactor 2, was told that I would have two options, Lifetime and the Standard, which should be renewed access to every year.
    Doing the math, the Standard would come out about the same price of Lifetime, if used for about five years. (44 + 12 + 12 + 12 + 12).
    If the life of the RF2 is greater than 5 years, I would pay more, but rather a year as I want to use. That's what made me choose the Standard initially.
    Now, three years after the release of beta (which I bought on launch day) you are changing the rules and saying now to continue running online, I am forced to move to Lifetime version. Is paying the difference or buying a new license.
    Thus changes everything that was said in the beginning and that made me choose the Standard version. Now, to have the RF2 I will pay 44 + 12 + 12 + 12 + 52. I can not pay the annual 12 as I want to use it online. If I knew it would change, I would have purchased a Lifetime and save these $ 12 I paid annually.
    A good outlet for that would give 40% discount on that upgrade (52 - 40% = 31). Although still be changing what was initially proposed, at least it shows that there is help in this migration that became mandatory.
    I know that this migration must be done manually by you. But what does it interfere? Paying discounted or not, migration is manual anyway.
    I'm from Brazil and I believe the vast majority of Brazilians who have RF2 think like me, even more so now that the dollar is very expensive here.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

And you don't need steam at all to play online, can just keep doing exactly what you signed up for at the start.

12. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

Ok, that I had not been very clear to me.

At some point, when I finish my annual renewal, I will have to migrate to the Steam in order to run online, right?

13. Gupster

Gupster Registered

Not true, the sim will run with or without steam online.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Anything can change in the long term, but basically you can ignore the fact that rF2 is even on steam. You can keep using rF2 exactly the way you are right now.

If you did migrate to steam, then steam handles your subscription and you can't play online without steam. But that's only if you migrate to steam, which you don't have to do.

15. 88mphTim

What it means is that usually your payment hasn't come through, or you don't have an active user for the launcher to use. If you want to buy something, use the non-launcher links.

16. 88mphTim

Did you complain about rF1 price being lowered when rF2 was released?

Apple released a new phone, so they price cut the old one. No idea how this actually relates to rF2, rF3 isn't on sale... :)

17. 88mphTim

Players determine that on a system. I don't think it's difficult to race online now, I can't answer a question like that and assume people's reactions to how things might work with steam.

18. 88mphTim

You still have those same options. Again, how does anything alter this, and actually affect what you purchased?

19. 88mphTim

No. Read the steam Q&A again.

20. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

What??? Omg
    Noooooo...