rFactor 2 40% Off - Renewals 10% Off

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 15, 2015.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Sorry that you feel that way. I'm not going to help put a roof up when someone comes in tearing the house to pieces. You want help, you ask for it. You don't get it because of how angry you look.

People are welcome to be pissed off, but if they want to find out information or negotiate something else, they have to observe a certain level of decorum.

Plus, most people who seem pissed off just, basically, missed out on an offer. Same way the cable company has introductory rates they don't give people who've been paying for longer. It happens in almost every aspect of life. Prices change. Things change. But actually, with this, people are angry because nothing changed FOR THEM.

2. cosimo

cosimo Registered

I couldn't care less about steam. However, if I have lifetime from day 1, what happens when rF2 steam comes out?

Can I continue using non-steam rF2? Can I use both (lifetime) with same account email/pw?

3. 88mphTim

I understand that, but are you saying a price should never go down? That seems ludicrous to me... As I said above, introductory offers happen. It's pretty obvious that some people could not or would not buy rF2 without a lower price, so any company would lower it occasionally, have a sale, whatever, to try to get those people in. Some $ is better than none.

Anyone buying now through this promo is getting 40% off. Steam take 30%. This is like a 10% steam sale for us, but doesn't feel like that for the customer. Smart customers who want rF2 on Steam could buy now at 40% off, and request a steam key when rf2 is there, giving it to them for less. This is all very logical, and it's extremely difficult to understand why anyone who likes sim racing, wants sim racing developers to succeed and grow, or wants great racing games to be made, would EVER have a problem with any of this.

4. 88mphTim

What happens? Nothing.
    Yes, you can use the non-steam.
    Not sure what you're talking about with the last question.

Have you read the Steam Q&A? That might be a better place to start than this promo thread.

5. cosimo

cosimo Registered

I did but it wasn't clear if I can have both installed and use them alternatively or I need to buy the steam lifetime version too.

I'll re-read the FAQ.

6. depor

depor Registered

Tim, bought it and account works fine, tks for the help m8. See you on the track ;)

7. 88mphTim

Ah, that's what you meant. If you own rF2 TWICE then you can have a steam and non-steam. If you own rF2 ONCE and move to steam, then that will be all you have.

Edit: If you own rF2 ONCE and DON'T move, then you don't move.

8. 88mphTim

You're welcome. Raid that packages icon in the launcher for content. Ours is marked ISI. :)

9. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

This ^

Even though I just renewed my online license a few weeks ago, I decided this was a great way to support ISI. I just used a different email and bought a lifetime license, ready for Steam transfer. Now I have two licenses :)

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yep this is what I will do before this years dues run out.
    Then I will use non-steam for offline.

Now we are allowed to do this without hassling Tim is better.

P.S. But I won't run around like a chook with it's head cut off trying to get steam version 40% off.

If I wait I give ISI even more support ie , more money. . p

I have 200 odd days Tim said races " should be crossover" besides I only run room for rookie and anyone did not jump to Steam or can't afford it or are letting their yearly subscription run out will still be around no matter.

P.S.

oi Tim I only having a go at you. ;) hehehe

Make a few jokes about not being loved and get on with it. lol ;)

Beside ..........What would we do if ISI never makes rF3 or it's namesake. !@!

Heavens to Betsy !@!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2015
  11. Gupster

Gupster Registered

I think I'll spend that extra dollar and save Tim & crew the hassle of finding my present account and just buy a new license also.
    After reading this and the steam q & a thread I'm sure a few like us will be appreciated heh he... hang in there Tim!! :D

12. Caleostro

Caleostro Registered

I get the same Error´s when I try to log in/Recovery through the Launcher.
    Would be nice if someone could explain what to do.
    Thanks.

13. Gupster

Gupster Registered

Have you looked at the help section for your problem?

http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2help/

14. jimortality

jimortality Registered

How long is lifetime? 2 years, 5 years, 10 years? also, you say it's a steam limitation that we can't transfer our yearly sub over can you elaborate a little more please.

15. 88mphTim

Lifetime of product, how long it works and is supported for on the latest operating systems. rF1 is still within it's lifetime.

Steam can't covert x amount of days, you have set 'products' only like offline, lifetime, and renewables/addons like 'add 1 year'.

16. 88mphTim

You should be able to sign in, rather than create a new user, on the link in the email/bulletin.

Click promo link, enter promo (if not already in), select product, SIGN IN (don't fill out the new user form).

17. jimortality

jimortality Registered

Ok thanks for that.

18. Caleostro

Caleostro Registered

Yes,but the Problem isn´t listed.
    When I try to activate the Game like described i end up with the same result.

@Tim

Had no Problems during Purchase.
    It´s the activiation/Sign In Process in the Launcher and the Forgot Password Function that leads to this errors.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2015
  19. Caleostro

Caleostro Registered

I had no Problems with the Purchase.
    It´s the Activation/Sign In Process and the Password Recovery in the Game Launcher.

20. 88mphTim

Activation is:

Install, run launcher, sign in (top right) and it'll prompt you to activate.

If you can't sign in, there should be a link to reset password above the sign in popup.