rFactor 2 40% Off - Renewals 10% Off

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

:( this is frustating. Thats not what i said. Or at least, not i was trying to...

2. If you allready own it - there is nothing in it for you, why would there be?

3. DocJones

DocJones Registered

More fellow racers in the near future?

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

What you said was clear to understand

5. qusimano

qusimano Registered

I Finally end up with 2 license, the old and the new lifetime :cool:
    can i play in lan with the expired one? can't remember if the lan is a part of multiplayer fee

6. peterchen

peterchen Registered

LAN only per internet-account. So, no. Not possible. Expired one is offline only.

7. unknwn

unknwn Registered

I don't understand why there is no upgrade discount for users who supported rF2 at earlier stages.

8. qusimano

qusimano Registered

Me too but i cant think this can change in the week-end, so i rush for the lifetime with no regret, as i would do that for months, just waiting for some sort of discount..Good for you if a discount for the upgrade suddenly appears, even if i will get mad:D

Thx for claryifing this

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2015
  9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Nothing, except that you might have some friends who you could tell about it?

The email was sent to rF1 users, by the way. It does say that. :)

10. 88mphTim

LAN *is* part of the fee, yes. But you could play multiplayer yourself once that is paid (or upgraded), yes.

11. 88mphTim

For the same reason there wasn't before this promo. It's not automatic, there is no promotion code system for doing it. We have to go in our database, find you, change it. It's a pain to do it, and not enough people have done it to warrant putting any significant dev time into automating it. ISI is being paid when you upgrade for the fact we have to take the time to do it, ontop of the difference ordinarily between the two versions.

Those of you who remained on standard, who now seem annoyed you can't upgrade, are the reason why it wasn't automated, and why a promo code won't work, and why one wasn't supplied. :) Cause and effect, supply and demand, whatever you want to call it. :) If early supports hadn't waited, all upgraded, we'd have an upgrade system. But then you'd still not get anything today from a promo, as you'd already own lifetime.

Upgrades on non-steam will cease soon. If you want to upgrade (like you could have any time as someone who has been here since an earlier stage), do it now, or soon, or you might not be able to. :)

12. Tom Satherley

Tom Satherley Registered

This is bull****. I bought an online pass in June this year. Now i'm faced with either buying a lifetime pass in a few days time before the promo ends, or keep paying a yearly fee with no chance of upgrading soon. Essentially this is forcing me to pay for the game twice. You're punishing early adopters, for what?

What the hell is this online fee for? You guys do nothing for the online aspect of this game. Its organisations like formula sim racing (who I pay a season fee already) and small communities like we have in australia that provide the online experience. You're money grabbing for no good reason and it really is destroying your reputation.

https://www.reddit.com/r/simracing/comments/3osans/rfactor_2_steam_release_information/

13. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

I guess it wasn't asked before. I will definetly buy a new lifetime complete license.

I would like to give the old one (which I have renewed 2 months ago) to a friend. Is it posible to switch the 'owner' e-mail of the old account?

In any other case, I will have both an steam and non-steam account, that sounds interesting too.

14. 88mphTim

June, 2015 wasn't early adoption.

To allow you to pay in a block of $44 or less when you buy rF2. If you don't want the horrible fee, upgrade to lifetime, or buy it in the first place. :)

Nobody is forcing ANY CHANGE on you whatsoever right now. Why you'd get all uppity about it I have no idea.

15. 88mphTim

No, sorry.

16. 88mphTim

I have to ask, what has changed for you? What changes on Steam? What changes off it? What has this promotion changed, for you?

17. RNelson

RNelson Registered

I keep hearing about the worry that Steam and non-Steam versions will be compatible. iRacing works that way right now and I have a war game (Panzer Corps?) that works that way as well - both quite successfully. Shouldn't be an issue at all....

18. 88mphTim

Marcel already said it does, and we said as much in the release. How the hell that affects a non-steam promotion I have no idea.

iRacing doesn't function through steam, it's just supplied by it.

Jeez, how crazy does the sim racing community want to make itself look by taking such a knee-jerk reaction to everything?

19. Tom Satherley

Tom Satherley Registered

I bought the game in beta (2012 or something? Where it remained beta for 3 years LOL)

20. 88mphTim

Again, how does that mean things affect you? With steam or this promotion?

You've obviously purchased early, great, how are you affected?