rFactor 2 40% Off - Renewals 10% Off

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I convinced a friend to buy RF2 thanks to this promo. Thanks ISI.

2. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

Please ISI, grant discounts also to change Standard for Lifetime.

3. rongarz

rongarz Registered

If I understand the promotion correctly, buying a second license with lifetime is $51 (on sale) or upgrading an existing license to lifetime is $52 (not on sale). If there is no chance of an equivalent deeply discounted promotion for lifetime upgrades, is there any possibility that the lifetime from a second license could be applied to an existing account while also providing a giftable offline version key (Steam or otherwise)? I do spend much more time in offline mode and didn't get a lot of use of the included first year of online service, so the value wasn't there for me at full price, but at this current promotional price I would have paid the extra for lifetime to have the option to move into more active online racing.

Well, it's something to consider. I'm satisfied enough with offline for now and I'm not sure how the extra online fees will evolve once rF2 is released to the wider Steam audience.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2015
  4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

:)

Me too Spin

I could not draw the AC modders to the Dark Side lol p .........but with online seat time maybe, just maybe they get a new perspective and opinion. :D

If that happens would only reaffirm my belief a cheap online trial would have done the same years back without Steam.

After all Steam or price may be the catalyst but it won't be why they keep driving it or mod it. :)

5. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

For what understand, they do 10% upgrading from standard to life time.
    But in my opinion worth better buy new lifetime license with 40% discount, move that to steam and keep the standard account no steam (just in case they explode or something) or give the standard account to someone that pkays Asseto Corsa eheheheh

Btw, they already know this stuff is happen. I should be warned not to upgrade few days before the promotion. Kind of sad move.

6. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

This is how I read it, if you buy a new standard license now it won't transfer to Steam but a lifetime upgrade will, is that correct?

I never actually tried the MP in rF2, buy the time there was enough content to make it worth while the subscription had expired, I didn't even know it was out of Beta.

For a casual race racer rF2 isn't of much use.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

If you want to.

8. 88mphTim

There's no discount, even today, for upgrading. We can't transfer accounts to other people.

9. 88mphTim

Bought a Commodore Amiga game for $0.50 on eBay last night. Back in 1993 it was $40. :) Score!

But seriously, it's a sale. Sale happens.

10. 88mphTim

11. 88mphTim

10RENEW is 10% off renewal, not upgrade.

You should be warned about $1? $1 that you can't use to upgrade?

12. 88mphTim

No. If you buy standard now, then rf2 offline will be what you get if you migrate to steam on it's release day there. You'd lose online access and have to buy it there.

If you buy standard now, wait a year, then migrate, you lose nothing, and just renew on steam after the non-steam multiplayer runs out.

13. dylbie

dylbie Registered

No there's a discrepancy with the costing I think. 50NZD works out at about 22GBP. So if I pay in my own currency I have to pay £34, but if I pay in NZD I pay the equivalent of £22. Does that make sense? Just thought I'd point it out. Surely it would be best to set a constant price of say 50USD in ONE SINGLE currency and then let whatever equivalent it is in different currency? Unless there is another reason for it?

If not I'll happily pay in NZD :)

14. 88mphTim

Frankly I have no idea, just did as I was told with those prices. Pricing for the product itself was set on the average exchange rate over a long period so we could offer set pricing.

Seeing how much people are hurt over $1, you can imagine how people would be if a currency crashed and the product cost more/less from day to day...

15. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

Please, if i not made my self clear don't just assume that im hurt by $1

What i said is that i upgrade to lifetime for $54 few days before the promotion of ONE lifetime License with 40% discount.
    If i know few days later about this i would waited to buy another license just to keep one non steam.

16. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

Here: https://commerce.rfactor.net/purchase/select?offeringCode=40OCT15
    $50 lifetime license
    I've payed $54 to upgrade to lifetime few days earlier

If i know about this promotion i would prefer to buy another license, not because $4 saving as you may think but to keep one license non steam or giving to another person

Edit: Please, just say that you understand what im trying to say. I'll be more happy being understood than having another license now. :/

Edit2: $52 not $54 as i said

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2015
  17. 88mphTim

Didn't know for sure we'd be doing this when you upgraded.

When should the cutoff be for warning people? Lots of people have upgraded... If you were happy to upgrade at the price given, at the time you did, that should be enough really.

18. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

Glad you was able to understand. I won't discuss what i found right or fair tho.
    Yes, it is enough.

19. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Why would they discount upgrades? Makes no sense.

20. Bkim

Bkim Registered

I don't understand. I bought the lifetime pass and i still got the e-mail about discount for new customers. Nice for them, what's in it for people that already own the lifetime pass?