rFactor 2 on Steam Q&A

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sherwin92

Sherwin92 Registered

That's a big typo... i am interested in upgrading to lifetime. Initially i wasnt but i've been doing way more racing that i honnestly expected, and play to do so for many years to come :)

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

https://commerce.rfactor.net/purchase/select

If you work out what you pay for say next 2 years + what you paid already it is not bad value.

If you think you will want to use rF2 online past 3 years then get life I guess. ( it costs $10 more doing it that way ) but what is $10 when you have so much fun.

If you happy with Non-Steam version I would hurry up and renew it now before something changes.

Tim said it would ......." soon"

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

To upgrade you have to write to ISI. There are a few posts with the e-mail address, there is no other (automated) way of doing so.

4. Tony

Tony Registered

5. gorzasty

gorzasty Registered

Hello

I have standalone liftime version of RF2. What to do to get Steam key for this product? I can't see any instructions in the first post.

THX

6. peterchen

peterchen Registered

7. gorzasty

gorzasty Registered

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I made the switch to Steam yesterday, all went without a hitch aside from the massive download, copied over my userdata folder and it all worked flawlessly.

Need to get used to the Steam Workshop thing now, ideally I would like to unsubscribe from a lot of the ISI content that I'll never use (taking up too much space) if possible. If not is it ok to just delete? or will Steam auto-download it all again when the next update comes out?

9. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

You can just unsubscribe, uninstall and delete with mod manager as you do with non steam. I don`t think game auto download if you unsubscribe but I am not 100% sure.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2016
  10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

ok thanks I'll have a fiddle tomorrow

11. Caterpillar

Caterpillar Registered

What i must do to migrate rfactor2 from steam to isi?
    I can't see a lot of my league servers after 1080 update.
    I can't go ahead on my champs.

12. jjcook

jjcook Registered

migrating to steam isnt likely to correct that problem - i am on steam and cant see some servers - you need to get their ip and direct connect to them

13. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Build 1080 requires opening new ports (port forwarding). Can't remember which ports needs to be opened, but you can probably find the info in this thread. This worked for our league (at first I couldn't see our servers, I'm a Steam user). Extra ports need to be opened on a server side only, no need to do anything if you don't host a server.

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

When something starts downloading through Steam Workshop, how do you find out what it is that's downloading? I click the RFactor2/Steam Workshop icon on the left of the download page but it just takes me to the Library page - so I click the "view news" and that just takes me to the Build Notes :confused: thanks

15. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

You can know it's a new build if you click on news and it has new build information there. If it's content then you don't see it that way. I guess when you start the launcher then it installs the downloaded content and you can kinda see them :p

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yeah Builds I get because it updates as normal, but when it has the Steam Workshop icon then it's all a bit of a mystery, I download it and have no idea what exactly it is. Where does the Workshop stuff "temp" file live so I can get a clue?

17. cbvta

cbvta Registered

i`m using steam now, but how can i tell what version of rf2 i am using? is there a version number somewhere that i can look at? i can see the different version of mods/tracks but not rf2.

18. Woodee

Woodee Registered

On the rF2 launcher, press the cog (second symbol down on the left hand side) and the build number is at the bottom.

19. cbvta

cbvta Registered

thank you.

20. Josh.H

Josh.H Registered

Downloads in progress are in Steam\steamapps\workshop\downloads\365960\ and are moved to Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\365960\ when complete.
    The directory names are the Workshop ID's. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=IDNUMBERHERE to go to the Workshop page.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.