rFactor 2 on Steam Q&A

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

When you buy the standard license, you have one year of multiplayer/lan racing. It begins the day you buy it and there are no make-up dates for blackouts in service. Afterwards you must either buy the yearly online renewal or just not bother with online.

2. stonec

stonec Registered

1. No it won't, as per the Q&A it's now split to 3 separate items:

3. GDUBMX

GDUBMX Registered

Morning guys, so does any of you guys know what isi plan to release with the steam version or will it be the same demo which you need to upgrade? I hope not, be nice to see a more complete packagr5. Either way I'm happy and looking forward to it. Cheers

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Tapatalk

4. liakjim

liakjim Registered

I am super confused. I own the game but some friends asked and i am not sure what to tell them.

There are 2 options , as always.

If you see on their page -> http://rfactor.net/web/2015/11/12/rfactor-2-now-available-on-steam/
    It says :

What are your options if you are new to rFactor 2?

You can buy rFactor 2 on Steam here:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/365960/

rFactor 2 = offline only
    rFactor 2 Lifetime = offline/multiplayer/no subscription required
    Online Services = Adds 1 year multiplayer to offline

At the same time here it says : http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rfactor2-purchase/

[​IMG]

So my question is : buying the 17.99€ option, will this inlude also 1 year free online services?

5. kwakaman

kwakaman Registered

Hi Guys,
    Purchased rF2 on steam just now(downloading). (offline version)

My question is...will the current mods work on the steam version? ie, place file in steamapp/content/rFactor2 folders? Just like Assetto Corsa etc.

6. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Yes you can install all mods as before, place them in the Packages folder or go to the bottom of the Content tab in the launcher(the open box icon) and you can point to any folder that contains mods you want to install by clicking the + on the left, - to remove a folder from the drop down list.

7. Fraustbit

Fraustbit Registered

Why does the developer build within Steam rFactor 2 allow me to see the correct screen resolution and ZOOM OUT enough in Swingman view to see more of the car and track, but neither single player nor multi-player does? Why does the developer build within Steam rFactor 2 identify me correctly but within the Steam rFactor 2, whether in online or single player, it identifies me as "Your Nickname"? Why is it that the stand alone rFactor 2 shows my identity and screen resolution correctly and allow me to zoom out properly in Swingman mode, but Steam rFactor 2 does not? I paid for a lifetime license for the Steam rFactor 2 and it's totally unplayable, at this point. And just to clarify, I changed the folder for the Packages from within the Steam folder to the My Documents folder that my stand alone version uses and it still has the same issues?

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Does that mean people who have both Steam and non-Steam installations can use a single Packages folder (presumably it would have to be the Steam one) to serve both installations? That would save some redundant downloading and wasted/duplicated disk space.

9. Woodee

Woodee Registered

You can use any package folder you like... just as long as you point mod manager to it. It has always been like this for as long as I can remember.

10. stonec

stonec Registered

What I've heard is that Steam doesn't allow games to retrieve user real names, so only thing rF2 Steam version can show is Steam nickname. I guess you can override it to your real name manually in some file. The swingman zoom has always been more restricted in normal mode than devmode, I would hardly call it unplayable due to this little limitation.

11. bunrfutter

bunrfutter Registered

Hey guys.

I bought yesterday the lifetime rfactor 2 version via steam. My in game setting steering rate "Vehicle set" doesn't work.

I'm using a Logitech G25. Logitech Profiler set to 900° Steering rate.
    "Allow that the game can change the settings." is enabled in the Logitech Profiler Global settings.
    If i set it to Vehicle set, ingame, it doesn't apply when i go on the Track.
    The Kart for instance should have a Vehicle set Steering rate around 180°, but if i go on the Track, it is still at 900°
    I tried running both as a Admin and without. Not quite sure if running the rfactor 2 steam link as a admin is doing something. But i don't think thats the problem or maybe it is because of the steam implementation.

I even reinstalled evrything. Nothing changed.

Please help.

12. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Have you tried running rf2 as admin?

13. Fraustbit

Fraustbit Registered

Ok. Editing .plr file to use my nickname? Sure. But I shouldn't have to do that. The launcher identifies my Steam name. In game, it should do that too. There's no excuse for that. Regarding the zoom in Swingman as well as every other view, it works in the standard rFactor 2, so it should work in the Steam version as well and yes, the inability to see the proper resolution with no changes to my computer, video card, or drivers other than buying and installing the Steam version of the same game should also work. And YES, it makes the Steam Version EXTREMELY UNPLAYABLE, compared to the Standard version of the game, ESPECIALLY considering that when I go into developer mode in the Steam version, it both identifies my nickname properly and the zoom works in all views.

14. Woodee

Woodee Registered

tried updated your gfx drivers?

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Hate to sound flippant but maybe ISI should make a new Sub-Forum in rFactor 2 Technical & Support - STEAM

Then add your specific problems there, rather then make errant threads in rFactor 2 Technical & Support, as you did. :)

16. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

I have also made a shortcut for the packages folder on the desktop so I can install mods easier. Its a long search to go through all the folders to get to packages.

17. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Indeed I make a folder archive for fresh installs but pin those to a classic shell folder
    The backed up folder includes shortcuts , docs and of course a folder picture .. lol and rfmods, all user created settings, yadda.

I do not like shortcuts as in the little arrow and rather a clean desktop and start menu ( I delete every single windows icons except calculator )
    I have 1 start menu folder SIMS with sub menu each sim with a folder for archived shortcuts like these you see for every sim folder.

[​IMG]

If you into desktop icons and making things easy.

I really suggest you give BatchRun a go. :cool:

Along with rF2 start as many tools and apps as you like, any order, any priority, one click.
    Creates associated format and icon ( add your own folder/icon pic )
    And it is free.
    What more could you ask for. :)

[​IMG]

18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I think this is a great collage of things that can be addressed with video and written manuals/tutorials in the game page.

19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

+1

With lots of step by step pictures !

lol ;)

20. RoWo

RoWo Member

@Tim:

Maybe asked before, but haven't found it.
    Important question for leagues: With Steam-Release can we expect faster Bug-fixing as before - let's say less than 3 days?
    If I understood correctly with Steam there is no possibility for running older builds. By release of a new build including bugs (we all know, it happened ;)), we will getting trouble in league racing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.