rFactor 2 on Steam Q&A

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Nope.

2. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Tim, just to clarify: I have standard version now and if I buy the steam version I will own 2 versions at the same time: steam and non steam. Will it colide with my standard version when both are/will be on the same e-mail? Or will they always be like 2 separete beings living in parallel.

3. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Although, it does come with an extra cost - losing the multiplayer part that was already payed and having angry customers.

Sure there's option not to switch, but there's also psychological thing that affects a lot of people to think if they don't switch to Steam now, somehow they would miss the train. Would the non-Steam version be less supported? Will it update regularly like Steam one?

What about this? It says "Our goal". Does that mean it is not compatible now and it is something you are working on? Would that work from beginning of Steam switch?

4. 88mphTim

I'm not sure how that works... You're not an 'email' to us, your an ID, but we do force unique emails, so I will have to ask.

5. 88mphTim

If people CHOOSE to move to Steam and lose their online access they have paid for, then they have CHOSEN to feel how they feel.

Who do you piss off by switching things in a system that allowed people to renew when they wanted? Everyone, or everyone?

It's currently compatible. People are reading way too much into it, and are looking a little bit crazy to me how strongly they're doing so. ;)

6. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Ronnie, Tim, I can confirm that will not collide:

The standard version logs in to an ISI account. As Tim explains, it uses an ID but forces unique e-mail addresses to be used.
    The steam version logs in to Steam. There you have a Steam ID (and other account data).

So you can play the standard version on one computer and the Steam version on another simultaneously without any problem.

7. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

how about you change the wording so theres nothing to read into then...take out "Our goal is that MP races are cross compatible"...and leave the "yes" :)

8. rhamm

rhamm Registered

If for some unforseen reason they don't work together people will whinge about that instead. That's the reality of software development. Under promise and over deliver.

9. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

that may be fine for a single player...but not for a league that needs everyone to be on the same page

10. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

This is probably not a question that ISI can answer, but it is a concern of mine. With rF2 using Steam Workshop, if 3rd party developers decide to only release their mods to Workshop (for whatever reason), then every paying customer who hasn't migrated to Steam (especially because yearly online access doesn't carry over) is locked out of using those mods. Can any mod makers weigh in on what their plans are for content releases going forward?

Is this a valid concern? Has ISI taken steps to ensure that all users can access legal content, regardless of which service they are using? Or should we just hope that mod makers release their content in multiple places?

11. Chefmark

Chefmark Registered

I'm not if this question has been asked yet but,
    If you have a lifetime membership and you add content to rF2 and steam charges for the extra content will life memberships have to pay? Does that make sense?

12. 88mphTim

How does everyone get on the same page before the book is written? Wait until it's on the shelf.

You've been given ACCURATE information. Deal with it. :)

13. 88mphTim

ISI aren't charging for content. If any third party charges for it, like some do now, then you either pay for it, or don't. No change whatsoever there.

14. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

There must be a language barrier thing going on... as I'm finding your actual answer and that part of the Q&A as being vague sorry

at the end of the day i'm only trying to help my league be as prepared as possible

cheers anyway

15. lamck

lamck Registered

Does activation (and max 2 times) apply in steam version? It will be more convenient if not.

16. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

From what I have read from Marcel on Race Department, you should not be concerned.

17. GDUBMX

GDUBMX Registered

Hey, first time post. I may of missed the part about Steam key distribution. how exactly will i recieve my key? thanks

18. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

It's not on Steam yet.

A couple of questions I want to be sure about:
    1 - Offline rF2 will not come with 1 year of online access anymore?
    2 - Is the online pass cumulative? I get one today and next month there is a sale can I just get one more and extend the online time?

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Assuming you're talking about the current completely non-steam version of rF2, I'd say:
    1 - it probably won't change, there's been no indication it will.
    2 - Yes, Tim said they do accumulate.

20. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

That would make no sense. It's a Steam Q&A thread I want to know about the one that will be there ;)
    I want to know if I buy the offline on Steam does it come with 1 year online service for free or not? Does it accumulate there or not?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.