Updated Third-Party Palatov D4 1.38 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 12, 2015.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The third-party licensed and produced Palatov D4 has been updated to v1.38. This insane vehicle is one hell of an exciting drive!

Description:
    The design goal of the D4 was to put as much power as possible into as small and light a package as possible, while still being able to use it, and still provide a high level of safety. The Hillclimb configuration is the ultimate D4, with over 350hp in a AWD chassis weighing just over 425kg. Even the base Trackday configuration is still potent, with over 170hp, packaged in a car that weighs slightly more than 400kg.

Despite the light weight and small size, the D4 is designed to share the track with much larger cars, and is overbuilt for a car of its weight class.

Download: 227MB
    Car profile (very much worth reading): link

20150512163204.jpg

Changelog:
    · recalculated talents' performances
    · repositioned fictional rainlight
    · new shader/values/textures for floors for better view at night if lighted by headlights of followers
    · added personalized pit crew guys and pit-exit guy (by Chris "redapg")
    · remade all icons of all vehicles
    · repainted all skins made by Juergen in version 1.0, with new official "replica" and "ORP" ones
    · optimization of headlights values also due to the build 998
    · optimization of all gmts for night view
    · optimization of shader's values for reartrain
    · update talent and driver names
    · set same value of BrakeDuctSetting for all classes
    · new rear 3d suspensions, gearbox and other mechanical parts to update the D4 to the latest 2015 real car version (by Chris "redapg")
    · added the new "open" rear by default into the upgrade options to let also the previous version available
    · added trackmap into the dashboard (cockpit): if map is not available appears the Palatov logo
    · added filler-cap to the body
    · optimization of shadows
    · optimization of all shaders and values for several parts
    · few new textures
    · new planes and textures for (under/tire)shadows
    · 3d remake of main and minor parts of the whole mod for improving SP and MP performances and for a better graphical quality (by Chris "redapg")
    · added "fake" nightlight to the dashes from external/swingman cam view
    · recalculated TGM "GrooveEffects" and added new "GrooveSqrdEffect" for each compound
    · graphic improvements to the dashes
    · added nightlight to the dash 2015 model, added also the choice for the color (upgrade)
    · switched the dash 2015 by default
    · added nightlight to the "old" dash (due to rF2 limitations, to see the nightlight on, you need to insert a gear)
    · added working powerswitch (needs to set "ignition" key)
    · added new working lightswitch (also out of cockpitview)
    · added working mirrors out of cockpitview (it works depending of track reflections)
    · remeshed body just over the cockpit for better look
    · few little improvements to the cockpit 3d
    · new rivets, new hi res steering wheel bolts
    · fixed missing driver name into VEH vs RCD
    · changed default values of tire set for HC into HDV file and deleted the lines to change tire set into the upgrades files of Custom and Hillclimb classes
    · new order for Classes into the UI: 1. Trackday MP, 2. Trackday, 3. HC, 4. Custom hoping people will use TDSE at first...
    · changed CGHeight= from 0.250 to 0.260 for HC and Custom equipped by HC rollcage
    · added missed "rlframe" to the Custom spinner.gen
    · added changes GeneralTorqueMult*= to Custom and UPGRADE for Custom.
    · GeneralTorqueMult*=0.96 vs 0.98 for normal aspirated engine due to the new value assigned to the ClutchFriction, for fixing max speed
    · new turbo1 and 2 engines for fixing rpm idle issue, if auto clutch off new ClutchFriction value in all 3 hdv files for decreasing the rpm difference if auto clutch is on

2. Hazi

Hazi Registered

THX!

3. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Some changlog...Thanks all involved.

4. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

Thank you for all effort to enhance the Palatov !!

personally I am missing the pitcrew for each team, which was announced some weeks ago

EDIT !

JESS, found pitcrew is implemented (see post #11)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2015
  5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Amazing changelog. Thank you!

6. tjc

tjc Registered

Many thanks to all involved. :)

7. Truerider

Truerider Registered

Its Thanksgiving Day here in Canada....so I'd like to give a whole bunch of thanks to all involved:cool:

8. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

It is missed only in the changelog

9. Corti

Corti Registered

Thanks to further improve.

regards, ~ISR~ Corti. ;)

10. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Thank you for this many improvements. I hope my motion rig will not explode when I drive the car ;)

11. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

Pitcrew for any team implemented !!

a big hand for this nice gift !!!!

View attachment 18242

View attachment 18243

you have to modify this in your player.json

"Pitcrew Detail Level":2,
    "Pitcrew Detail Level#":"0=Off, 1=Player Only, 2=Everybody",

12. NaveenB

NaveenB Registered

Thanks Tim and the whole Team. This is my absolute favorite car and has totally gotten under my skin.

13. TJones

TJones Registered

Thank you Slow Motion,
    i still think, that this car is a lot easier to drive than the real one. I watched some onboard video footage at Youtube, easy to see the limit is a lot more narrow/sharper than at the simulated car.
    Also i would expect a more agile engine rev up-down (Trackday) from a motorcicle engine.
    It's fun to drive though! But not very realistic IMO. :)
    Graphic-wise it's top class, big improvement, no doubt.

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Well I guess the people who actually build these and who are familiar with other, prior simulations of the car are clueless, then, since they were intimately involved in the development and approval of the car and thoroughly tested it. But I'm sure you are the better authority.

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Should it really be that fast at somewhere like Longford it flogs Corvettes and Cobras. ?

I would expect that on tighter courses but Longford real life was bumpy public roads.
    I can't see something that tightly sprung maintaining the level of grip it does there.

If Longford was a F1 track terrain, fair enough.

P.S.

The other one needs fixing is the Camaro feels out of place laptime wise again at Longford imo.
    Very fast car on good race surfaces but it drives like that at Longford as well.

The Honda Vettes Cobra even the Panoz don't, even their Ai seem to take the road surface into account.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2015
  16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Have you driven the car in real life?
    If so, how was it compared to the rF2 version?

17. rolandhaans

rolandhaans Registered

In this case, I would think the car is as realistically as can be, even without having driven it myself, due to the simple fact that they had lots of data to go by and ISI apparently did the tires with data from Hoosier.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

18. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

The amount of attention to detail is incredible, and as we know, even Mr. Palatov himself has overseen the virtual recreation of his car.
    That, mixed with the great skill of the modders, and the help from ISI, makes this one of the best cars available in rFactor 2 IMO.

Any claims that this car is just "unrealistic" is quite simply unfounded, I'd say.

19. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

I don't like to answer any post regarding feelings and opinions after I have released the mod, because any comment can help in improving the work I made. But sincerely your comment is not of any help for a very easy reasons:
    - the manufacturer, Mr. Dennis Palatov, that is also the designer of the car provided any data of the real-world car as well as of the 3 engines that can equip this car and approved any single thing that we have developed
    - Mr. Palatov also drove the real-world car for years during the development of it and also drove the model during our development and in addition we built also the ORP track using real data provided by him and by the ORP owner to have a better comparison of the car in any little behavior
    - Jonathan Frost, the factory driver of Palatov Motorsport that won in June the PPIHC Open Class driving a Palatov D2, drives usually the D4 and drove the model for comparison

I don't know how many models are developed in this way, with so many real data and tests, but this was made following this way. You have no idea of how many hundreds of hours I personally spent on any detail sharing data with ISI and Palatov for finding the best data to apply to the mod just for compensate any potential difference between a real-world car and how rFactor2 can manage same data, to have model that reacts exactly like the real car.
    You have no idea of how many times every time we have to change something to the physic, Mr. Palatov answered me: "I'm sad Marco, but the car doesn't feel like the real one". For this version 1.38 I made 28 different versions of the ultrachassis and steering wheel... working on something that was closed to the perfection with version 1.0.
    On my side this is a hobby, so, as I said, I don't like to comment posts and I hope you can understand my reasons. Thank you for the positive comment of the graphics side, that really needed a better quality. Not yet the top, but for a "spartan" car like the D4 and thanks to Chris "redapg" now we have a lot of new features (animated switches are just one of them) and improvements.

20. MMartin

MMartin Registered

Thank you Slow for your fantastic work and passion :)