[REL] MAK-Corp Group C v0.80 Released

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Oct 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Thanks a lot.

2. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

Hey Uwe,

This will be fixed and included in the next update, thanks for the head up.

3. petibonome

petibonome Registered

Hi,

I made a skin on the body only then I saved as dds
    I can't see it in the showroom nor in game if it is a dds file.
    If I have a mas file with this dds body inside I can see the skin.
    Am I doing something wrong ?

I know at the end I will have to make a mas because there are several parts to skin.
    Before that, I just want to check in the showroom my wip skin of the body

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2015
  4. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

What's the skin filename ? did you add "alt" in it ?

5. hoover

hoover Registered

I had the same skinning issue (skin not showing up in showroom or on the track), tried the usual names like alt01bms.dds and so on.

Cheers & good news about the car class name update!

Uwe

6. petibonome

petibonome Registered

7. Manav

Manav Registered

Hi Petros - Any chance this will be released on STEAM? ;)

Regards

8. brownninja97

brownninja97 Registered

Yeah ive just downloaded Rfactor 2 for steam. Would it be possible for this to get put on the workshop, it would help me alot because i dont play rF2 as much as some other stuff(sorry fallout 4 takes priority for now) so its hard to stay up to date with all the mods in all the sims.Workshop would make this so much easier.

9. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

It's nice to see so many servers running Group-c cars, some are out of date, by MOD version, or build version.

What I find very strange is that none of these servers is hosting short tracks. The group-c cars at short tracks as Adelaide, Palm Beach or Mid Ohio are the best places to know the cars. Then, mid speed tracks, as Sebring, Portugal, Sao Paulo, Road America, and finally the fast ones, Le Mans, Silverstone, Zeltweg. In the future there will be an special aerodynamic package for these fast tracks, but for now, it's what it is.

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Yup! Mid-Ohio and Sebring are excellent places to really understand the cars (and where I most drove them). There's no point going for longer, flat-out tracks if the base correlation is off.

11. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Don't let to try these cars at Adelaide circuit, hosted by VOR league (turbo, walls and death)

This weekend, one hour at the Malaysia circuit with high possibility of rain (you need to be registered) by www.projectsimracer.co.uk

12. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

No unlicensed content can be released on STEAM Workshop. As for if this works with the steam version, not sure what differences there are if any. Will look into it.

13. Manav

Manav Registered

Hi Petros - You may want to check the STEAM online conduct (see link below).

http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/

I don't think there is any issue with you releasing this on STEAM, since you are already sharing it on your website. As far as VALVE is concerned the content is yours (unless you violate the STEAM Online conduct).

And MakCorp will work with STEAM since I am already playing it. The workshop is just a easy and simple way of managing version control and releasing content to public.

Here is a guide http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=553110627

PM me if you need any help!

Ciao

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2015
  14. jepeto

jepeto Registered

Very Well, now the last members of the team have done left this unit, to have a real performance car; thanks to this réalisators who have waiting about. really thanx, and waiting for other application; " c' est tout un programme..."( copyrights)

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The amount of real brand weapons mods released clearly shows there is no issue with official brand licensing. Just for racing games it should be an issue for paid mods since the real life brands add value to the game, while real life guns don't share the same scope.

16. djbob

djbob Registered

Steam would be hosting the (unlicensed) mods though wouldn't they? So Valve are making money from them indirectly - by selling more copies of the game for which the illegal mods are helping sell. I would be very surprised if Valve knowingly hosted unlicensed content, they are a big easy target for a copyright lawyer.

17. Manav

Manav Registered

Hi djbob!

As Guimengo said there are hundreds of mods including real-life tracks/teams on STEAM. Let's take Pro Evo Soccer as an example the minute you buy the game you can download the real names and kits via a third party mod. As long as the individual isn't making money out of it no one cares. It's a completely different story if you are making money out of it for example the URD mod hence the fake names.

As far as Valve is concerned you can host anything you create as long as it doesn't violate that Online code.

By the way ISI servers are hosting this forum which has all the content and no copyright lawyer has said anything so far.

A copyright lawyer will be wasting his time chasing up non-revenue streams.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2015
  18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Changing names isn't the issue. Someone could use the real names for the ISI stock cars, for example. Gee, gosh, why do they have three models in the first place?

The issue is content converted from other titles (most of which are also sold on Steam). I thought i would pop over to Steam to check the Assetto Corsa Workshop to compare. Where is it? Nothing AC Workshop-related shows-up in my Steam despite me owning AC since day 1. I see the rF2 Workshop, even though I don't have the Steam version of rF2. I see other titles Workshops I haven't used in years. But no AC Workshop. Only the paid DLC. I really don't like the Steam UI at all.

Back to the point, yes, if you created it from scratch, and are not charging for it, probably no one cares. Good PR.

But 90% of the mods for rF1 and rF2 are not scratch made.

19. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Developers have to setup Workshop. GSCE doesn't have it either.

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

That speaks volumes about whether AC developers thought there would be tons of legal mods that would promote purchase and use of their title...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.