[REL] MAK-Corp Group C v0.80 Released

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Oct 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Rapidgator link now updated to work with free accounts. Dropbox and Mega links to come shortly.

2. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

If semiautomatic is enabled, then yes the shift delays are enabled regardless of autoclutch but these cars shouldn't have semiautomatic enabled.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2015
  3. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

New download mirrors added to the mod page. Mega and Dropbox. View them here

4. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Wow nice surprise :) Now I will have to go home "sick"

5. tjc

tjc Registered

Excellent! Many thanks team. :)

6. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

Many thanks for bringing us this mod. One of my favorite types of race cars.

Keep up the good work.

7. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Cars feel fantastic! Thank you.

Only things I noticed, Mazda has very powerful brakes, especially when downshifting and blipping throttle (engine braking too powerful?), I can brake almost later then modern F1 in some cases. And tire sounds are too quiet, I usually have them around 60 in options, for this cars to hear tires I have to put tire sounds above 100.

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It's better the approach went towards replicating Virtua_LM's 956 but I am still bugged by the car. Brakes are incredibly superstrong and don't lock, it's like a modern GT car in that aspect. The FFB is greatly lacking in transmitting detail, now there is force to it but it's just that, force without any nuances. The tires on both cars break grip as if you're trying to do the engine torque too strong but the way they break away is often times a bit baffling because you think "the car should be gripping here." On that point, what's up with the Mazda engine? I don't even mean the sounds in general for both but the properties. It feels very powerful and in 5th gear it is like it enters this state where it keeps accelerating with immense torque well past 300 km/h as if there was some massive turbo lag with a very powerful turbo. For the Porsche I can't drive with any decent POV because the wheel and cockpit look tiny as well. Lastly, the showroom displays incorrectly, AI is bugged and we could use with some reflections on the paintjobs http://www.vonbraunusa.com/img/Mothers.jpg

9. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

Hi Petros Mak. Nice to see you back. You are still working in others vehicles that you released before?
    Thanks

10. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

For some reason I can't find the Porsche in my car select screen. It should be listed under Porsche, right?

As for the Mazda, I had to make some adjustments to the settings before I was able to drive it. The FFB and weight of the wheel (g27) was absolutely too much for me at default. I lowered the caster to 3 and the car specific FFB to 16% to make it feel more comfortable. It still feels nice and heavy, and there's loads of FFB still (more than any other car in my install ATM). I'm ridiculously slow with it, but it feels good to me.

Thanks for sharing.

11. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

It would be possible that you are still using the old 0.3 version? Make sure to delete the old version before install the new one.

12. fohdeesha

fohdeesha Registered

I don't think you're fully understanding mate. Even with semiautomatic set to 0 these times are still used for how long it takes the next gear you select to be selected and counted as "in gear". If you shift faster than these and let the clutch out it counts as a mis shift. Like I said, try it yourself, set them to a second or more with semiautomatic off, you'll have to take a full second shifting. This is described in most modding guides and very noticeable when changing

The howstons are a good example, they have an oddly large delay time. Shift them quickly in full manual, it will count as a mis shift.

Then try this modified howston, only thing changed is shiftdelays set from 0.3 to 0. Both original howstons and these are semiautomatic=0

http://fohdeesha.com/priv/HowstonQS.zip

Select the quickshift howstons in the game instead of the stock, and now enjoy shifting as fast as you like (as long as you still use clutch). Only lines changed are shift delays.

Once again ireelevent though, what's going on with the mak corps are delays properly being set to 0 for full manual, but a balktorque setting so low the gears won't engage unless there's no load on the drivetrain. Increasing it to 500 or 800 got rid of the issue and is now what were using on our private server, and shifting now closely models what you see these cars to in real life. Great mod!

13. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

I fully understand you but my memory was tricking me. [emoji12]
    Just tried it out and you are right...how embarrassing [emoji4]

14. fohdeesha

fohdeesha Registered

No worries mate we're lucky to have such awesome mods to discuss in the first place :)

How do people still say there's no good content for rf2? If they only knew

15. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

Strange. I installed the 0.3 over a year ago, and because of the FFB issues I noted above, un-installed and deleted the rfcmp. So I just un-installed what I installed yesterday, and re-installed the same file. Now I'm seeing what I should be seeing...2 cars listed under MAK in the directory.

Happy to report that both the cars feel great. It's a night & day difference to the old Mazda.

I'm guessing that maybe there is some cache that rf2 creates when installing, and maybe used some of those old files when I first installed this mod, and thus giving me the old Mazda entry in the car list, and no MAK with the 2 cars (I hope this makes sense to someone). Sorry for ignorance, but I'm used to AC's drag/drop modding with no installs where there definitely is no cache.

16. MrSlowly

MrSlowly Registered

Although it is nice to see a Group C mod for rFactor 2 going forward, I do have to agree with a lot that is being said here.

The cars have too much mechanical grip and not enough aerodinamic grip (or drag for that matter, seeing as they dart past 300kph as if they were accelerating from much lower speed) and way too good brakes.

The FFB does feel good, but both cars feel kind of samey, as if there were only minor tweaks made to one just so it would feel slightly different.

That shifting problem is completely inexcusable, it took me 10 minutes from the moment I fired rFactor 2 to the moment i had the fix all packaged up, that tells me you didn't even bother to check for bugs/errors (that one is a pretty obvious one, 20 baulktorque? i can exert more force than that while sitting, no way an engine would deliver so little power).

This whole release seems like an excuse, a "look at me, I'm doing something" if you may after another blog posted about this team's mod completion ratio, but those are just my 2 cents.

17. crz

crz Registered

I was really looking forward to the 962 and almost forgot about it so thanks for the nice present just in time for the weekend :)

Thank you for that, I could barely take it on the upshifts but it was too much for me on the downshifts. I was just about to resort to another gearbox tuning option but I'm going to give raising the baulktorque a shot. Another thing that bugs me is the shifter sound on the Mazda. Every time I get out of gear it sounds like I'm blipping the throttle which was very irritating at first but now it's just annoying.

Apart from that I'm enjoying the update so far.

18. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Does that version number in any way indicate that this is the final product?

They can't win, can they? They do nothing, they lose. They release something, they lose.
    I don't think the physics are "perfect" either. But at least I don't take a swing at those guys for allowing me to try it.. for free.

19. Andy_rsrf

Andy_rsrf Registered

For me, the Mod brings adrenaline pure... many thanks!

Edit:
    The adhesion of the wheels I find very good. rF2 has enough skidding rubber eggs that have nothing to do with realism.

20. crz

crz Registered

Just tested baulktorque 500 but now I can only get it to slip when I shift without clutch at (nearly) full throttle. I guess it's something in between but I lack knowledge and usually don't like running my own modified version. Still I feel 20 is too low, can we get any official word on that matter please?

If it's intended then I guess it won't be a popular option in a competitive environment unless every driver has to deal with the low baulktorque. At the moment I feel punished for choosing the more realistic option. Depending on the situation I have to wait pretty long until the revs settled down before I can upshift and I can hardly use the engine brake to help slowing the car down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.