Rain Graphic effects

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Miguel Cardoso, Oct 8, 2015.

1. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Can you explain that deeper?
    How I´ve seen it (on vids like from EB) it is in full function......

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Except that in many ways it's very flawed, lacks transparency and it opens up a whole can of worms, in that it can be exploited in different ways, like has already been documented.
    So, on paper it's an incredibly impressive piece of technology. In practice though, leaves a lot to be desired.

Before the road surface tech was even released, people hailed it as being miles better than what rF2 has to offer.
    People are easily impressed by "tech videos", and the iRacing road tech video was no exception.

That's not to say I don't have deep respect for what iRacing is trying to do, upping the bar with some good innovation.
    But like I said, the current state of the road technology leaves a lot to be desired.

3. Grubby

Grubby Registered

Project cars seem to have the rain effects looking pretty good, I would be happy if Rf2 could get close to this.

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

+1

I be amazed if we see it in rF2 to that level, it is easy for average punter to confuse visual effects with dynamics and physics.

As long as you can afford the hit in performance is the main thing.

To counter 30% hit in ProjectCars leaves one to drop other settings or to put up with borderline fps in rain.

Catch22 ;)

Fine if you run hardware capable of solid minimum fps in rain/ night then no problems.

Honestly, at this stage I would like rF3 steam greenlight and get the weather rolling. :)

5. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Hopefully guys will use it...if it gets implemented.
    Some guys are scared sh*tless once a cloud starts pelting.
    Nothing makes me happier than being in my car running a long trip on twisty roads in heavy rain...the heavier the better.
    I once drove two hundred miles up the California coast on Hwy1, because I was enjoying a heavy rainstorm.
    I had tunes, power and a dry seat...nothing else needed.

6. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

It's so much fun... until it gets so bad that when going uphil you start going backwards even traction control. ;) Almost happened to me once.

Racing in rain - so much fun. Racing in monsoon - "who you gonna call... Ghos.. Your mommy"

7. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

I started in 250cc shifter karts, so I spent quite a bit of time 'sideways'.
    I'm a bit demented because nothing gets me more excited than correcting the 'twitch' created by aquaplaning.
    You're driving along and all of a sudden the nose snaps left or right and now it's up to you to get it back in shape.
    It's a whole different 'ball game' where control is concerned.
    Obviously I like this in controlled conditions (track or empty road) where I won't hurt anybody else should it go wrong.

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Pcars' rain sucks too. Until a game looks like the rain in that Mercedes pic, they'll all suck.

9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I wouldn't doubt iRacing implements "better" rain first. They already got their dynamic track going, maybe another two years and they will have rain.

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

+1

At very least pCars style would placate all the cry babies.

:p

loool

;)

11. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

...release 2016...dx12 graphic engine, dynamic weather (with rain), 24h race support, bases on gMotor2 is a rF3 announcement...ah wait, no...is next rF2 updat...ahem...no just new Reiza game!!!
    I bought this sim, still asking myself why...rF1 still better than this...

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Dx12, dynamic weather, etc. etc. etc. don't mean much to me personally because, unless Reiza update/modify/improve the core physics engine, it's still just rFactor 1 despite added "features".

13. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Which v1.48 is already setting up to be the initial stages :rolleyes:

14. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Quoque tu Spinelli???We meet each other from RD, Reiza 51, ISI forum...are always the same to race?
    You know they will also update phisycs due to rain and rally cross...
    Btw, even if still rF1, why is so difficult for ISI develop rF2 following the Reiza way?

15. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

hey.....its EXTREEEMMMMEE!!!!~~~~

Many loves GSC coz of its superb FFB but it bores me to death coz im so used to 'no 2 laps are the same' in rf2

16. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

They already said they'll upgrade the engine. Now how good it will be... we'll have to wait and see. Personally I'm very excited for this sim

17. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Ya.. I'm with you on that one.

I had a shorter period of time where I was quite obsessed with SCE, but that passed pretty quickly, also due to boredom from racing it.

There's just not enough under the hood to keep me engaged for longer periods of time. No real "wow factor" due to lack of any real innovation.
    It just feels, drives and looks like one big deja vu to me, if I'm being totally honest.

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

That's the "old style" of sim racing to me, I too got hooked on GCSE with the V8Supercar for a short bit and absolutely loved it...but just as with other Sims I grew tired of the static track and found myself only loading it for a quick Spin every now and then.
    Once they get Dynamic Surfaces in that'll draw me back to it and I for one am excited about Reizas future, they seem like a really tight little outfit who are capable of creating a very decent Sim racing experience.
    The main thing for me is what they managed to do with the rF1 engine with their hands tied behind their backs somewhat, they now have the freedom to open it up and do anything they want...that will be interesting to follow.

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Other than adding "features" (eg. rubering, flat-spotting) I haven't heard anything from Reiza about improving the physics. I really hope they do though.

20. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

The question here isn't related how much you like Reiza sims...the real question is, how is possible old gMotor2 can have working rain while gMotor2.5 not?
    gMotor2.5 isn't the main base of rFactor Pro?
    Something goes wrong during the entire development of the sim in my opinion, this is why I think they shoul stop, rewind and restart...(I know is impossible but...)