Rain Graphic effects

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Miguel Cardoso, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Eddy

Eddy Registered

i'm sure ISI is working on this, like they always do without telling us and following their own agenda, while we are whining about it. Like (i think it was Tuttle) said before this game/sim is all about physics all graphical features are just layers on top of it. Don't get me wrong here i do love the rain as shown in the vid from way back and Project Cars does it better right now but in the end i think ISI will show us how they think it has to be done. Just stay humble waiting on improvements on this and in the mean while enjoy what we have already, and that is a lot imho.

my 2 cents carry on. :eek: ;)

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I be happy with improved drops and spray.

I would think it will be "tarted" up Pre-Steam at very least. :)

3. woochoo

woochoo Registered

in mod dev folder

4. simforlife2

simforlife2 Registered

woochoo
    thank you, with steam should come

5. woochoo

woochoo Registered

I've been informed that I'm mistaken in thinking the rain settings are new to the viewer.
    I suppose that nullifies my logical progression in thinking that the weather system is being reviewed.
    Sorry for the mistake

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I have a feeling that now that the Stock Cars and lots of the plugin rules stuff have been done, that ISI will start really working on the core again (physics, graphics, etc.). I think the Stock Car / Oval stuff was something they really had to put a lot of time in as it's understandably important to have strong oval stuff for their product (RF2). This is just a feeling of mine of course.

7. Justy

Justy Registered

+1 well said

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

8. Rik

Rik Registered

Hey men we have still 2013 open wheel. Rain can wait update car. ;)

9. simforlife2

simforlife2 Registered

of to get the spray or decrease in dev mod, already help:p

10. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

[​IMG]

11. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

One of the things that makes RF2 so cool and unique compared to the other current sims is the dynamic weather and the fact that you can race in the rain. Its perhaps the one thing that really makes RF2 stand out in a obvious way to the average consumer. If I was new to simming and going to choose between 2 sims and the one had rain I would definitely choose the one with rain. I remember how ecstatic I was when I heard RF2 would have rain. RF2 is going on steam now and will advertise its many cool features. I believe many will think like above and boy will they be disappointed the first time they fire up the sim in rainy weather ! This feature is so far from graphically finalized it can be. I think that because of this alone RF2 will receive a good deal of bad reviews. I know alot in here think that it doesnt matter - its just the "steam kids". But I dont think one should underestimate the power of bad reviews especially now that RF2 goes "public" for the first time. Maybe Im way off and its just my own personal disappointment about this specific issue thats talking.

12. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

You're not far off. Once the Steam version goes live, there should be a very good tutorial prepared how to set up this game properly, be it graphicaly, wheel settings, ffb, installing mods etc.. Many of them could get lost in those options and lose the interest, there goes the bad reviews..

13. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

The average user would go "cool" then never use it because they couldn't see through the spray, or water droplets on the window causing site problems, just like the current complaints.

[​IMG]

14. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Puddles! :D

15. simforlife2

simforlife2 Registered

which highlights RF2 is very advanced physics , rain believe that along with the steam will be updated on facebook say it

16. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

puddles everywhere!

honestly, i prefer ISI to work on the temps and grip of rain first before going cosmetics.

17. peterchen

peterchen Registered

+1
    Even Iracing is ahead in terms of dynamic track. Should make you think....

18. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Was not hard for them coz they have ambient track temp and humidity sorted first, rf2 havent got them on yet, which is the main key for better dynamic tracks....and weather with better depth.

Everything is linked, unfortunately. Tire pressure is not in full force yet, which is also one element in changing weather thing.

and of course....wind.

to ask for sprays and wiper effects is equivalent to asking rf2 to be pcars. I think ISI will fix the turn on the physics first and then only comes with the blings.

19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

ISI should have done what Reiza did (talking about overall graphics because ofc SCE has no rain yet), would be a lot more simple and less trouble on the graphics IMO

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2015
  20. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Ahead on paper, sure. The actual functionality of it? Not so much. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk