What is needed to run F1 solo on rFactor 2? On the fence about buying...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Booth_doberman, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Booth_doberman

Booth_doberman Registered

I'm on the fence about rFactor 2. I prefer to run solo because I've just gotten back into computer gaming and am fairly poor at everything. I've been facing F1 2013/2014 in career mode.

I've read and continue to read some of the How to get started with RF2 stuff online. But I don't find all the answers I want.

Pricing structure: Am I correct in that unless you want to buy a lifetime sub, you pay $43.99 each year to renew? Does it matter if you only want to play solo? I suspect the price also gives you access to the downloadable content, which would be unavailable unless you paid the sub, right? Does the game continue to work if you don't renew?

Other stuff. If I wanted to run a career in F1, say, to be equivalent to the F1 20xx experience, what's the minimum I'd have to download? It appears the ISR site has most of the tracks. Is using those tracks a good or bad idea?

Maybe there's already a link to a "how to get started racing formula 1 on Race Factor 2," that would be ideal. Because I don't know what questions I should be asking, what am I missing here (don't worry about my hardware; it is all new and exceeds the recommended requirements).

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

No.... $43.99 once and then another lower price per year after that. If you buy the lifetime, it never runs out.

What this pays for is the online portion, if you don't want to race online, don't pay to renew, you can still race single player, access all mods in the future and use future builds. Does this make sense?

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Sorry for all the people ignoring you.

I would have answered but I am useless and dumb so you don't want to listen to me

4. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

yo drama queen, how much time to i get my account reactivated? Just made the payment

Prepare to fly at parabolica

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2015
  5. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

43.99 is the price for the game... That includes 1 year online access, after that you can choose to renew your online access at what I believe is about 12 dollars per year. Alternatively the lifetime licence is just that...a one off payment with no online sub's. Whichever option you take you will always for the lifetime of rf2 have all content and updates, which are regular for free.

ISI have the 2012 based f1 car and a licenced marussia from 2012, sepang and Silverstone.
    All the other F1 circuits are available on sites like you mention but vary in quality, same goes for 2014/2015 f1 mods, I have a good one IMO on my Facebook page, and the best Sochi available probably tomorrow.
    As for career mode, this isn't available in the sim from isi but there are a few 3rd party plugins that can help there.

6. Gupster

Gupster Registered

I would add there is a two week from purchase window for refund and included in the 44 bucks is one year of online play. (which is quite fun)

As far as "career mode" rF2 doesn't come with that option.
    There are many F-1 style mods including one from ISI.
    Also plenty of tracks in that genre.
    (ISR as a source is fine and good crew there)

Enjoy!

7. rhamm

rhamm Registered

8. dylbie

dylbie Registered

Even though the AI in rF2 is probably the best in the industry and a lot of fun to race against off-line, I really recommend joining a league and racing online. Nothing beats racing real people, and this is where all the fun is for me. Most leagues are friendly and if you sign on to their websites and explain you are a rookie, they will give you advice and help to make you a better and safer driver.

Try to look for a league which suits you - who race the same types of cars you are interested in, and obviously on a day and time that is convenient to you. You'll also find the people who you race with share a lot of interests and you'll make some good friends too.

I still remember the adrenaline rush of sitting on the grid in my first online race! It's a great experience :)

9. Booth_doberman

Booth_doberman Registered

I bought the game last night and downloaded and installed the F1 2013 mod. I didn't get much time to drive for driving's sake. I spent most of the time trying to get my G27 to feel right. I need to find the docs that explain the settings, but it's reasonable now. Once I get to the point where I can stay on the track and not drive like an old man who accidentally got on the freeway, I'll venture online, I think. I'm mostly interested in F1 and the LMPs.

10. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

11. DocJones

DocJones Registered

That was reduced to a 7 days period a long time ago, see 'What’s the refund policy?' on the rF2 FAQs

12. Gupster

Gupster Registered

Oops, thanks for clearing that up.

sent from my electronic distraction device