WCORR Reloaded anyone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EaglemanGT, Oct 4, 2015.

1. EaglemanGT

EaglemanGT Registered

I have been toying with the option of porting over my WCORR Reloaded Series to rFactor2. As the latest version for rFactor Original WCORR Reloaded v3 has gotten good reviews with some bad of course. I have spent well over 7 years developing the WCORR Reloaded Series starting with Madcowie's ORR Series, then WCORR by WildmanMG.

With time studied on real life trucks, rides in real trucks, and with real life settings implemented, I think that where it is now and the state that it is in, I can not improve it any further for Original rFactor. Only way to improve on what is in WCORR Reloaded is to port it over with the Chassis Flex, the tire model and CPM I feel would boost the performance of the trucks and buggies.

Tracks are going to be included as well.

So what is the consensus of having off road racing in rFactor 2?
    And how close to simulation would you want it? I ask that, because in the Original rFactor community realistic simulation for these trucks in not wanted, nor welcomed, as v3 has proven.

Thanks for your time
    EaglemanGT
    Owner/Founder Sim Off Road Racing
    Owner/Co-Creator WCORR Reloaded Series

Alex72 and fullsus like this.
  2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I would believe the general consensus here would be something like this:
    GO FOR IT! :)

Your work would be an absolute blast to experience in rFactor 2.
    A very welcome addition indeed. :)

3. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

To be first to answer.. Off road racing, a resounding yes and always as close to realistic simulation as possible.
    I apologise I haven't used your mod but I'll look it up.

4. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Hex got pole

5. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

At OP...

After careful consideration and thoughtful reflection it is my sincere belief that...

HELL YEAH YOU SHOULD DO IT MOFO!!!!!!!!!

6. Justy

Justy Registered

Yes please bring this fantastic mod to rfactor2! Loved the rfactor version and did not realise it was still being worked on. :cool:

p.s. as for physics, well, my head tells me you should go for the hardcore simulation approach, but looking back on how much fun I had with the rfactor version (I am not sure which specific version I have, certainly it is not a recent one), that decision is a little more tricky.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2015
  7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Oh stop it !!............wheres the Camera :confused:

lol

I would simply love WCorr and St. Helens.................thank you very muchly p

Can't even begin to imagine the difference in bigair attitude, gravity, inertia VS rFactor.

Heavens to Betsy !

[​IMG]

:)

8. Gupster

Gupster Registered

Please please do it!

also I vote for realistic

9. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Living only about 5 miles away from the Greaves Motorsports shop, this would be a welcome addition! Looking forward to it.

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Considering both rF1 and rF2 are sims... I'll ask the obvious question on behalf of people not in touch with rF1 now.

What aspects that you made more 'sim' are people unhappy about?

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I will hazard a guess, making it crankier / more realistic I think he means.

You could take big liberty with Wcorr and get away with a lot.

Problem for mine with rF is just that it's rF, well go and try jumping any same car in rF then try rF2.

It sort of sticks out and bites you in the butt, ones feels like you loose your stomach the other feels nothingness like a vacuum.

OT

I guess it depends on perspective.

Most everyone thought RBR was next level sim, I could not take that statement seriously when it had a solid rear axle, it totally destroyed jumping
    and how a car should react on landing, all you had to do was hit the gas at right time, arcade.

12. RaceDoedel

RaceDoedel Registered

Alex72 likes this.
  13. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

My vote = Realistic

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

+1

15. EaglemanGT

EaglemanGT Registered

From 2.5 to v3 the changes a lot of 2.5 users dislike.
    racing camera views - I omitted the Swingman from race view, adjusted hood(tv cockpit) lower and tilted down slightly - From 2.5 this disallowed users to see further from the hood view, and swingman IMHO should stay on the console.
    proper real life settings - once instance Pro 4 Torque split locked 51-49 as the real short course trucks don't adjust. Pro 2 requires better throttle input and control. - From 2.5 users were adjusting T/S to rear on Pro4, then complaining can't drive Pro2 *smh*
    proper shock/spring settings - Spring Rates (combined for actual Primary/Secondary spring) Shock Dampening based on realistic valving between Compression/Rebound - From 2.5 soft springs soft shocks and taller ride height do not work anymore.
    Proper Tire setting - Pressures require more realistic setting for better performance and wear. Camber/Caster now has adverse effects. - From 2.5 lowest tire pressures do not enhance grip effect anymore, actually wear greater grip less.
    Proper Anti Sway settings - Required more realistic setting for truck to be stable/fast - From 2.5 a truck that would lean, would be a truck that gripped. Not anymore, a truck that leans is a truck that grip rolls
    Proper Inertia/CG settings - Updated from previous build and locked ride height to disallow for exploited setups. - From 2.5 I Recalculated Inertia for better performance left out the others explained above with a CG that demanded proper settings.
    Proper head physics - based on the weight of the average head 10.5lbs inertia setting were enhanced based on watching many hours of videos and seeing real drivers heads doing the bobble head.
    I could go on, but that is the just of it. There are a lot of downloaded users that like the new settings and make the necessary changes to their setups in the garage or driving style. Others are gimme gimme and I had no right to change such settings.

With the majority of rFactor "the series" users being tarmac racers and with a good split towards Open Wheel and a very strong tintop crowd, I am checking what the audience would be for something of neither genre.

Someday Durge there will be a post from you that is useful and intelligent, someday......................
    I might have only been a "registered member" for a few months, but I have been reading these boards for well over the 7 years I spent making WCORR Reloaded Series.....

16. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

PMSL :p

I would omit swingman from rF2 completely if I was the boss ;)

17. Phatboy

Phatboy Registered

Off road racing for rF2? ....... Yes Please!

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Tell somebody who cares

WCorr needed "work" still does, you outline some yourself lol

You do not like my opinions on rF2 physics, not my problem . ?

" Useful intelligent " ...wow hey you really think that is going to get me to stoop to your level

Sorry. lool

Can't post in the right section and you calling me useless and dumb. ? ffs lol

19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Try hard lol

At least I don't have to insult people.

20. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I don't think he was serious DD
    And its not the first time someone has said :p