[WIP] Mosport

Discussion in 'Locations' started by shiet, Oct 3, 2015.

1. shiet

shiet Registered

2. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Nice job shiet. The progress you have made in such a short time is impressing.
    You have a big problem though: You will not be able to pass this project anymore. It has become part of you and you will not be able to abandon it. You will never be satisfied enough either. You will feel the need to keep on learning and improving it. You will feel the need to fix reported bugs.
    I'm sorry for you.You have become a track modder. ;)

Enviado desde mi SM-T530 mediante Tapatalk

3. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

4. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

After updating to steam version of rF2, my issues with mosport FPS are gone. Must have been something to do with my install.

5. shiet

shiet Registered

Here is v0.9. Unfortunately I couldn't resist to fix things and to transform the pre-2013 version of the track into the real Mosport.

the noticable fixes while driving:
    - changed (lowered) the camber of the curbs in T3, T5A, T5B and T8, they're more driveable now
    - changed T5A, the transition between the downhill coming from T4 and the uphill coming to T5A is smoother
    - also the uphill in T5A is smoother
    - fixed the start-finish line "collision"

the less noticable fixes/progresses:

- started to reconstruct the pre-2013 version of the track into the circa 2010-2011 version of the track, I wanted this since the beginning when I started to work on the track in BTB but when I decided to release it in rF2 I started to work on mostly the post-2013 version because that's the up-to-date version: in the Mosport version you will notice some texture changes, buildings are missing instead other building are there etc., however I won't rebuild the pit. It's the same track but a little bit different.

also:
    - changed the UV mappings of the road
    - changed the mipmap bias on some textures
    - added cones at pit entry
    - added some wall-logos
    - added some smaller billboards
    - fixed some ugly terrain parts
    - fixed reflections
    - etc. lots of things I can't remember

downloads:

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mosport-ctmp-wip.7558/updates
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wi13p2o5r68qiqn/CTMP_v0.9.rfcmp?dl=0
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/95zsv1ms05f6xdm/CTMP_v0.9.rfcmp

6. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Thank you very much and why this one is definitely last one this year? :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2015
  7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Thanks--we are all glad you couldn't resist!! :)

But are you hoping now that someone else will pick-up and continue polishing the track? There's not that much left to do now that you have done so much work!

8. shiet

shiet Registered

Nobody contacted me yet about picking up the track so I don't really think about that. Btw what do you miss so much that it needs someone else to work on the track?

9. hoover

hoover Registered

Thanks for the update, Shiet! This track is definitely worthy of a 3PA tag!

All the best,

Uwe

10. shiet

shiet Registered

Euskotracks: you are partly right, I feel the need to do/fix things but there are things I can't do without 3ds max (I guess I would need 3ds max for those tasks) so I'm not a modder.
    It would be a long list if I would write it down what are my problems with the track some average driver can't see or doesn't notice. This is also frustrating because I can't drive a single race without noticing something I need to work on. Btw I don't think I'm going to do another project any time soon so this looks more like a one time job so again I'm not a modder. :)

MapleHamwich: maybe there was something in your player.json...

kimikaze: I don't know, now I just want to drive instead of modding.

The tasks I need to do on the track and I can do it are basic spectator plantings but I don't wanna do that. And some buildings. I can't find a bigscreen on any of the ISI tracks.
    And there is the list of things I can't do.

hoover: there are much better tracks out there with higher probability to become a 3PA track, take for example any of Digga's tracks.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2015
  11. sg333

sg333 Registered

Thank you for continuing with this track, its an awesome piece of work! :D

12. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Ok understand.

13. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

+100

14. BobDobbs

BobDobbs Registered

OK, this track worked beautifully until I installed v0.90. Now every time I enter turns 5 and 8, the car completely loses grip and sails off the track. I tried entering 8 much more slowly and when I lost it, I managed to bring the car to a halt on the track. Almost. It spun like a slow motion top for several minutes until I managed to get it past the "bad spot".

I uninstalled 0.90 and went back to 0.80 and the problem went away. Re-installed 0.90 and it came back. Not sure what happened, but it's completely repeatable with different cars.

15. Manav

Manav Registered

Thankyou!

Hi Shiet!

First of all thanks for a great track; I've set this up as the first track on our private server!

I was just wondering and hoping that if you do another track project after this to please consider Portland International Raceway.

It was a regular track in champ car series until 2007 and we would love to have it on our server and I'm sure many people would love to have more American tracks.

Just an idea with a bit of wishful thinking :)

Take care and good luck with all your projects!

P.S - You should probably release this on STEAM workshop sometime as well

16. Manav

Manav Registered

Not sure if someone else has experienced this bug? I was trying out the MAKCorp 1991 Group C v0.80 with Mosport and once the AI cars retire from race they perform an ongoing 'Ballad' in the pitlane. (Probably should make a video of this)

Anyway not sure if this is a trackbug or a carbug? Has anyone seen this with other cars?

View attachment 18565

17. Truerider

Truerider Registered

Yes exact same problem,the Mosport version loses all grip at those corners, but the 2013 version is ok.

18. RoWo

RoWo Member

Yes, I had the same problem with the Megane.

Gesendet von meinem GT-N8010 mit Tapatalk

19. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I presume you completely uninstalled .8 and any other updates like .807? If so, maybe it's something with the tdf that got accidentally messed up. Is that an area with asphalt texture transition?

20. shiet

shiet Registered

BobDobbs & Truerider: sorry about that, I have just fixed it. I would release it as a patch (small sized .rfcmp) if I would know how to make one. :D :(

Manav & RoWo: I know about that bug and that's on the "I don't know how to fix that" list. I don't know what's the cause. It happens only with the cars closer to the pit exit (first 5-6 slots maybe) and only with different cars and only sometimes.