TechRadar- "5 racing games that nailed realistic driving physics – and 3 that didn't"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

2. Emery

Emery Registered

It's just clickbait, nothing noteworthy said. And rF2 released in 2009? Nope, it was announced in 2009, but released in 2012.

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Learned my lesson , pass. lol

I begin to believe they only write this tripe to get hits on their sites.

How Sad

lool ;)

4. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Nothing wrong with the article.

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yeah show me a article done from a knowledgeable Pro simmers perspective that delves right into the stuff makes ISI shine other then a few "key" phrases

I mean the last 3 or 4 I read said very little in way of compare, they all too eager to use FFB, models, gfx and raindrops for that.

Sure they all mention physics prowess lol, tyres, real road but it hardly scratches the surface.

Sorry that's lame.

6. Golanv

Golanv Registered

A Friendly Note:
    Dude, it's a list, a top 10 kind of stuff, it's not an article of things that are and aren't.
    If that would be titled "Indepth review of the most prominent simracing titles.", yes it would be just "lame".
    You just have to wait for someone to pick up that torch and make one, but don't expect these to be filling your quote for facts.

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Sorry I was only quoting what was offered, sure fair enough in that context. :)

I would rather listen to what Jeremy or Jason had to say "seat of their pants"

Make it a Top gear episode, good exposure he can rubbish a few sims ....especially that American one.

hehehe

8. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Instead of saying AC cant come close to rf2 physics, they instead say rf2 didnt come close to their graphics...

Really sad way to write a review.

9. RaceDoedel

RaceDoedel Registered

The techradar article is crap.

Would like to see a review where a professional race drivers compares these sims:
    - rFactor 2
    - Assetto Corsa
    - iRacing
    - Project Cars
    - RRE

I like all off them, but my personal favourite is rFactor 2, because it feels so great.

I drive AC when I want to MP action. Their every time some people online, but the drivers their are mostly lame. NO race start without crashes :mad:

For fun after some beers I like to drive pCars :cool:

The sound in RRE is just amazing. Here can here so many things, but it feels like a boat.

In iRacing I like the crisp graphics, but I don't like the feeling of the FFB.

10. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

Speaking of that, how would I get into this "GT Academy"? You have to win a league in gran turismo or something? I'm desperate. I'll do anything to get behind the wheel IRL. I'm sick of sims. Yeah, like that'll happen hahahahahahahahaha

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

lmao foc

hehe

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I remember watching a Corvette race driver at Laguna Seca in early pCars promo . ?

He said it's just my my real thing ! lol ...... so like a dummy I went and brought it.

....................lying sack of xxxx

hehehe

13. unknwn

unknwn Registered

That's how you see it.

AC "But while the game does deliver in terms of graphics, James reckons its physics engine "lacks seriousness"."
    rF2 "rFactor 2 has an incredibly diverse physics engine and it's very customisable, but it doesn't look as visually stunning as Assetto Corsa or Project Cars"

Both statements are more or less correct and can represent differences of these sims.

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yeah but even looking at that it is the way it is said , RF2 is always on the bottom pushing up.

Why didn't he say rF2 physics are stunning ( trust me the right car track for you in the zone its stunning !@ ) ..................... incredibly diverse, sure.

15. unknwn

unknwn Registered

Why should he? I don't think physics is something that you call stunning. Instead "realistic" or "accurate" should be used.

Below comments were explicitly used to emphasize realism of rF2 physics:
    "The game is so realistic that it's even used to teach real-life trainee racing drivers"
    "One mod developer, MAK-Corp, has even claimed that its clients will ask it to build new components as mods for rFactor 2 so they can be tested in-game, long before they're built and tested in real-life cars."

While below written about AC:
    "But while the game does deliver in terms of graphics, James reckons its physics engine "lacks seriousness"

Isn't that enough for your satisfaction as for rF2 physics fan?:D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2015
  16. Nazirull Safry Paijo

My bad...i read the rf2 part first then the rest.

17. Nazirull Safry Paijo

My bad...i read the rf2 part first then the rest. But DD has a point...even in the latest Inside Sim Racing they said 'lets see how rf2 dynamic track goes compared to iRacing's'

Wut???

But knowing whos paying isrtv its fully understandable.

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I think you can look at stunning a few ways too........

I brought these points up before but like usual no debate.

As great as other sims ambiance and weather is they don't make me feel it, I see it yeah but I don't feel it.
    Even the rain is solely visual for me, rF2 rain looks average but on right track time of day and fog you feel wet. :)

The sense of depth in others is just not there for me, when I run up Masta straight in rF2 I can really sense distance, I feel like I am moving through the world even when fixing my
    stare on a F3 far ahead up the road or distant corner.

I can't explain other then to say in pCars Belgium60s as example it looks half like a painted background I move towards.

When I gaze way across paddocks in rF2 I can look at some bushes or houses or gates and gauge how far they are from me and each other.

In pCars and lesser extent AC for me they don't have that good definition of depth, it all gets muddled into other textures.

Maybe it is the modelling, for mine rF2 with its more distinct style objects in foreground and background seem better defined.

Also free roam I guess plays a part on my perception rF2 feels like a world.
    When I think of paddocks or grandstands I sense the breadth , in other sims I imagine the world trapped between 2 fences.

Bathurst rF2 the concrete feels a foot thick to me and it would hurt, other sims I get the feeling I going to bounce of invisible boundary and the concrete is just a flat texture.

Again with Historic cockpits moving FOV and seat in rF2 gives a good sense of depth even with shorter FOVs in relationship to mirrors and front wheels.

With AC and pCars Lotus for instance it just does not have that well defined depth, they appear, well like I can't reach out and touch the tyres like rF2 and it somewhat spoils immersion.

Lastly early morning haze and sunsets at Longford, the freezing cold nights, that is no less stunning for mine. ;)

Probably sounds crazy.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2015
  19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I personally found the article made rFactor 2 look the best of the lot, and by quite a margin too.

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

That does nothing to instill confidence in your "average simmer" hehehe ;)

I believe approached in the right manner with a little patience and the right basic tools most any rF2 rookie will open new horizons they never knew existed
    in a lifetime of driving other stuff.

Do pCars and AC make the hairs on your neck stand up ? p