FFB and Track: after couple laps I felt more vibration on the wheel, any idea?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joe, Sep 26, 2015.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

lol

Same confrontation when you tell peeps that the F3 Eve is best feeling car in rF2.

They laugh at you.....

That is why I get told if you have a "toy" controller you can't possibly know that...wtf ??? ( rolleyes ) you will never know rF2 or get its best. ( rolleyes ) lmao

I mean thats how much some of your **** stinks.

I dare anyone I will take you on with a used Black Momo in a F3 ..........Accuforce phhftt ! come on I will have you ! any day !

hahaha

Then then lol that expert would say Oh but you are not driving with precision controls so it is easier for you.

lol :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2015
  2. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Owning a Logitech is no excuse, that's what I run. You learn to use what you have. Brain-matter is a nice tool.

3. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Fun fact, I find virtual cars easier/more natural to feel/drive/control with DD wheels :p

4. Joe

Joe Registered

I have a high-end CD/SACD player and an expensive power amp at home. l love to listen my favorite CD. One guy tried to sell me a cheap preamp with digital signal-processing, equlizer, etc fashon features.
    It looks great and is claimed to make my music like live-music if I do this and that with this preamp. When one day we played my favorite CD, I asked him if he went the live concert on this recorded CD or not. He replied no (neither do I).
    then I asked him why this preamp has no bypass switch. He replied: "why do you need such option. .... this preamp is great... just like live-....."

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

hehehe :)

So you saying DD would not be fast with a CSW or AC ? ..............that's a bit arrogant. hehehee

Maybe some of these "pros" should go back to plastic privateer wheels.

I don't care what you got, I will take you on in a F3 anytime with a plastic crapper.

lol ( bite ..... bite ..... )

6. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

That last sentence wasn't necessary and perhaps a bit rude.

This has nothing to do with "brain-matter". It's about horrible vibrations. Telling people to "drive better" is not a solution.

You've never had to lock up your brakes during race to avoid someone?? Sometimes it's unavoidable. Try finishing a sprint race with a flat spot or two on a Logitech. It's not a pleasant experience.

7. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I was merely implying I found the 'easier with a non precisionwheel' remark a bit weird, so no, not at all :)

If you had a hearing disability, hard to tell if it sounds like its live, is it? But yes I get your little anecdote, everytime you get answers you don't want to get/liked/believed/hoped for, it seems all the rest, including ISI, are wrong, that's reassuring :)

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

That's why we have the Option to have FFB Smoothing as per my post on Page 1, it helps those of us on Logitech/Similar wheels, plus on your point of locking up brakes to avoid someone; then pit for new tires if they get badly flat spotted, that's what real life drivers have to do and guess what..so do we :)

yeah I've given up too, dumb down the Sim for everyone and people will still moan it's too hard!

9. Emery

Emery Registered

1) Flatspots are a condition of tire wear. They are not permanently deformed unless your slide was so great as to wear into the cord. It is possible to grind/wear your tires so the flatspot goes away, albeit at the expense of lost rubber.

2) There is a direct mathematical formula for how out-of-balance and flatspots would affect the steering feel. This is freshman college physics and sophomore engineering, just like the force acting on the steering rack produces your ingame FFB. If it could not be calculated/measured, then tire shops would not be able to balance your tires so quickly.

10. Joe

Joe Registered

No, perfect hearing. Right, I do not like your answer. Because I do not like you trump those BS.

11. Joe

Joe Registered

I understand all those. What I am saying that flatspot happened in a "sliding state", in which simulation of car dynamics cannot be proven to be realistic or not, because no real live data can be proven or against. Developers could use pure theory to developed such model. You cannot use real-data (there is none). In grip state, rF2 physics is near "perfect" (data showed possibly over 90% accurate). Therefore, anything in sliding state is ventor's game. Like the "flatspot physics", sure be great feature, but one just cannot be carried away by its "realism". All I suggest is to offer an option allowing to turn ON/OFF.

12. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Yes of course on longer races, but if you're in a sprint race of 12 laps, pitting is not an option. Might as well retire because you're coming in last ;)

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

It's not gonna happen, deal with it!

In that case ram the spinner instead of locking up, see if you come off better :D

14. Joe

Joe Registered

No, I am not asking for such option for multi-player (online). I suggested it on single player.

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Turn off tyre wear.

If you want to simulate tyre wear, including flatspots (as others have said, it's not a separate 'effect' - you're wearing down the rubber every time you accelerate the car (forwards/backwards/sideways), if you do it in a controlled manner that wear will be around the whole tyre and you won't have flatspots) then turn it on. You have that choice.

Asking to turn off just flatspots is a bit like saying you want to have tyres that don't get more slippery when they overheat, or aren't more slippery when they're cold, or whose vertical deflection isn't affected by pressure. The game is simulating a tyre, so it will do things that a real tyre will do as much as possible.

I'm not sure why you're saying no data exists for abrasion. Sliding a tyre along a surface at varying loads/speeds and measuring the results is obviously easier than a lot of other tests tyres undergo.

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

You never stated that earlier on, if you had of done then then you would've been given the answer, turn Tire Wear to Off - Voila!

17. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

Sainz Jr. speaking to the TV after qualifying in Suzuka:
    "Something happened, yes, I've come out with the second set had huge vibrations as if they had not put leads on wheels, but we checked and well, actually it was like having a huge plane, not seen nothing in the straight and I had to make the second round with tires well and matched the previous time with a game of gums worse. It's a shame that something always has to happen, because it was an easy Q3 ".
    Live on TV you could see perfectly the strange and excessive movement on the front wing.

18. RaceDoedel

RaceDoedel Registered

Great tips: Thanks a lot for so many good tips.

I spend today a lot of time in practice. Know I have no so often a flat spot. Tim was right: The main course for a flat spot is the driver :rolleyes:
    Some changes in the setup and the car is better to drive and its much more fun.

I found also this old (but very posting on the rfactor site):
    http://rfactor.net/web/2011/07/30/building-a-tire-model/

Also very cool are the iracing driving school videos. Their are from 2011 but still good (for a beginner):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL1kww4BVDY

Wow, very good infos on the car profile page:
    http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/cars/nissan-gt-r-gt1/

Would be GREAT to have this infos inside the game :cool:

19. Joe

Joe Registered

I do not think your statements are correct.
    The “flat spot” we are talking about is a clearly “unique damage”. Such simulated damage can be disabled.

In sliding state, how a car dynamic behaves, when and how to start sliding and how the tire gets wear, and damage etc is “black art” to gaming developers. There is nothing objective in this regard. I am surprised so many are here feel so confident on simulated flatspot realism.

20. Minibull

Minibull Member

How the heck is it a "black art"...if you are sliding a tyre 90 to the tarmac, it won't be spinning. What you then have is just a straight friction or abrasion calculation between the contact patch, and the road underneath. It's not like this is impossible to calculate or replicate at all...

I get it, you want that option. The trouble is, it isn't a separate function at all. It's like you asking for tyre wear from wheelspinning to be disabled. It's ALL part of tyre wear, just caused by different overall characteristics.