Released 2015 Stock Cars Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Sep 25, 2015.

1. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

That sounds very likely. :)

2. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

This bug is not new. It has been present in past builds. The best working solution for this is to select another car without exiting the server. It seems to be like if the garage spot would be ocuppied by another car.

Enviado desde mi SM-G130HN mediante Tapatalk

3. JNRRR

JNRRR Registered

Please set the AI Limiter to 0%. Maybe this solves your problem. From my understanding a higher AI-Limiter value keeps the AI cars closer together, so it might slow down the cars in front and acclerate the backmarkers.

4. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

Having a hard time to get a race going at Jacksonville. Have AI 100%, limiter 0, agression 0, mistakes 0. Let them qualify.

There all over the place. Bouncing off of each other, wild movements past the yellow line, in the apron. Running into me. They never try to draft with me even if I'm faster? Or if I try to draft with them they ride the yellow line all the way around the track. Just really frustrating trying to race and I have yet to do any long stints.

5. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Have you tried putting aggression back to default, sounds as if you have made them mindless. I have had great times in singleplayer at Jacksonville.

6. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

I've tried 0-30.

7. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This Week Inside Sim Racing on the stock cars:

[video]https://youtu.be/_Nacaa632iI?t=51m34s[/video]

8. Minibull

Minibull Member

Man, ovals I'm running aggression up at like 80%, seems to work great XD

9. TJones

TJones Registered

Hi, also think AI need some additional work (already mentioned by Tim btw). I didn't have that much negative experiences like some, but few scenes where they brake at corner exit (Brookdale) for example.
    I also think the stock cars (just like Cobra or Palatov) are a bit easier to control at the limit than real life counterparts. :)

Just noticed Mike Schreiner joined ISI test-team, let me look quite optimistic on further development of Stock-cars. Grats Mike!

10. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

Thanks!
    I am here to help the community with Stockcar questions and help provide feedback to ISI for the stockcars and oval racing in general.
    All feedback is good right now as it will be collaborated and looked at for future development of stockcars.

Are the stockcars perfect right now? NO. But they are headed in the right direction and head and heels over what we could do with them in rF1.
    High quality tracks being produced and future AI work and they will be a lot of fun in single player as well. Look forward to getting to know a lot of you better.

Cheers,
    Mike

11. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Thanks Mike :)

12. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

Just tried this out. It wasn't great, but it did improve the racing experience. The AI are actually less aggressive.

Weird, but whatever works I guess?

13. Minibull

Minibull Member

I wonder if it makes them more aggressive, so less likely to ease around each other, which means they actually drive a bit better in a close pack. Like in an opposite way. Wouldn't work on a road course, I'm sure.

14. Tosch

Tosch Registered

At the moment there are two different concepts how the AI cars move around the track.
    For Jacksonville they use the left/right path (drivinglines=2 in AIW file). In Mountain Peak they use the fastest path (drivinglines=1). Both tracks have no block path. Both tracks are pretty similar in my opinion. Did someone notice a difference in AI behaviour?
    I wonder what would happen with a reduced AIDraftStickiness (it is at 4.00 for all tracks).

15. TJones

TJones Registered

I know you from "Stockcar Evolution" forum, was about maybe 7-8 years ago, while you working with your team on a stock-car mod for rF1. The whole amount of knowledge, level of detail and effort you and the team put in impressed me.

Depends very much on the specific AI-driver. Every AI-driver has his own charackteristic, some are more agressive than others.

I see a diference in AI behaviour, regarding Brookdale and Jacksonville, which i drove lately.

At Brookdale they drive much more like on a normal road track, block you when you try to go to the inside at the end of a straight. Sometimes they brake at the exit of a corner for no reason. They tend to use one line only.

At Jacksonville they use 2 lines, overtake inside and outside, usually don't block you with changing to inner line.
    I had some strange moments few days ago where they changed line very abrupt. They hitting the barrier quite often at the exit of a corner while using the upper line.
    Yesterday however, i had a nice practice session with them, they hit the barrier only rarely. Driving with them in a column worked well, depending on specific AI-driver. Laptimes dropped about 1.5 sec.+ then. Also in a group of about 6-7 AI cars split in two column, no big problems. AI strength and aggression were on standard values.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2015
  16. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Quick question for online hosting these:

How do I activate the Stock Car plug-ins? The dedicated hose PC only has the game installed without any sign-in details, I can't use mine due to special permissions and the website admin doesn't remember his (lol...) so I hope that part isn't necessary.

17. Gupster

Gupster Registered

I believe you use the rfm Tim included in the first post.

sent from my electronic distraction device

18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I downloaded that, just don't know how to implement it :p

19. Termite

Termite Registered

Thanks Tim and the crew for a great racing sim.
    After testing a few days now, there are a couple things we would like to see in an upcoming update.
    1 Be able to stop pit repairs to avoid going a lap down.
    2 This may be fixed in an update coming already, but the AI don't line up rite during a caution they go all over the track and one slow car can mess it all up.
    3 Make the AI pit during a caution
    4 Speed up AI at all tracks, Like at Mountain Peak I lapped the field in a 4x fuel, 4x tires, 4x track lap %, AI set too 100%, now I know I can up the ai percent but if done correctly a player would not have to adjust the %. in other words I like to simulate a full race in about an hour so 4X everything and there ya go.
    Other than that its pretty FANTASTIC, NO OTHER SIM IN THE PAST COULD OR CAN DO WHAT RF2 CAN - I've owned them all!!!!!!!!

20. Woodee

Woodee Registered

You may be to race at 100% AI, but other users race at different speeds. Some beat them at 120%, some beat them at 80%. 100% is a static value.... goes up and done dependent on the user's speed.