Stock Car Community

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kristoff Rand, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

You don't know me.... so don't post like you do ok? My time and health problems are not up for discussion, neither will they ever be... so back off.

I am ENCOURAGING discussion about creating NEW content. Not rehashes of old content we have seen for other the last 10 years. The next classic tracks haven't been found or created yet. Someone will think outside the box sooner or later.

Oh yes, let's convert another monza or spa which has been around since before rFactor.... yeah, let's not make content for next gen taking advantage of the tech we see now and will see in future. If you want to stay back in the year 2000, by all means knock yourself out (please do it for everyone's sake!)

3. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

What I'm worried about mainly is the AI on the ovals. Ever since rF1 the AI has obviously been made more with road courses in mind, and trying to race with them on an oval is a bad expirence. So far, I tend to stick with NR2003 for stock car oval racing for thaty reason. We'll see how this turns out.

4. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

TGR Server is Up

5. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I don't know you in the same way as you don't know what you are talking about when you write about modding. I will stop quoting you when you stop trying to impose your childish arguments against conversions. I included some of your many encouraging posts.

You are being a hypocrite suggesting that creating tracks for reactor has never been easier when you haven't created nothing yourself.

I already proved how weak your arguments are. You mentioned ripping rf1 when nothing prevents ripping from rF2 with GJED as I said.
    I already told also that I would like rF1 import for the tracks I make with BTB which only exports to rF1 and is the only complete track making software at the moment and should be shown some consideration due to the amount of BTB users and reactor content created with it. RTB will eventually replace it, but that's still to come.

So if you want to be respected please show yourself some respect to other people's request's and opinions. If you don't like converted content or BTB created content do not use it and let others do what they please.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

6. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

May I ask how gJED is gonna help rF2 content ripping, "as you said"?

7. Woodee

Woodee Registered

HAHAHAHAHA....

You don't know what I have/am creating... so leave your judgements to yourself.

I don't need to be an expert at modding to know what the purpose of gJED and Race Track Builder are supposed to be. I mean, you would need to be an idiot not to understand the app descriptions already provided then want it to bend to your ripping dreams.

If you have original sources files from an rF1 track then there is nothing stopping you importing the FBX to work in the rF2 shaders. I have never said it was simple to create a track, far from it.... it is just much easier than it was.

8. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

For sure tuttle. I already did but I am glad to repeat.

Install an rF2 track.
    Go to "installed/trackname/version folder and open all the mas files and extract them to a dev mod folder structure.
    Open scn/gmt with GjED and pick what you want or change what you want.

It is exactly what is being requested for GJEd to do for rF1 gmt/scn that has been called a ripping feature by Woodee. Technically speaking he is right since I could use an object from another track without permission from the author. All the already released rF2 tracks will get as old as the rF1 ones are today and people will be able to open them freely.

I already explained the reasons for that feature to be included for legit purposes in the GJED feedback (mainly BTB users and not making it more complicated to get authorised conversions). I would expect something that would be seen as an improvement by a track moder to be considered feedback.

The risk of ripping will always exist because 3dsimed exists. So if we cannot prevent it, why shouldn't we help people that want to make a good use of it. Shall they be forced to buy 3dsimed

I am not asking this feature for myself. I already have 3dsimed. It was sad reading some people that wanted to make a quick conversion and were disappointed when they checked that they couldn't.

I remember preclair and nordschliefe...which BTW is the only version of the ring atm for rF2 (remastered later by others) We could have more preclair's among those disappointed people.

Especially immediately after sardian heights, kodi and Montreal were released claiming how easy it had been to convert it even by a noob. I would expect some of those disappointed people feeling, let me say "being pulled their leg".

I can bet you that none of the original rF1 track creators would have no problem to convert their tracks to rF2.

Tuttle you are a great modder and as an amateur track modder I admire you. However I think that the fact that you may not like converted rF1 content is not letting you see the problem from a general perspective.

Sorry for the speech but I wouldn't have written it if I didn't care. Have a nice weekend.

9. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Don't worry. I will not try to make you understand anything again since you don't seem to even try. Good night

10. Tuttle

What you are describing is not ripping; with gJED all you can do is to import rF2 stuff and export to rF2. That's all. You can't move objects, you can't edit polygons, you can't export assets to other formats other than rF2 GMTs etc..

11. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Sorry I didn't know that. I would expect that you could move objects. I opened of my tracks the other day to check the program and messed with materials.

I didn't try to move any objects buy I granted it would possible.

I wonder now how will people place ISI cornerworkers now?

12. Tuttle

In a 3d software, as for modeling, mapping, cloning, planting etc.

We should stop the OT now.

13. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

Sp the stock cars... what are your thoughts people?

14. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Well, i never liked oval racing before but had some great fun tonight with the Stockies and servers soaked with peeps.
    Feeling is great (talking about the stock cars) but i really have to read a lot about stock car racing and setting up those beasts. ;)

15. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

[emoji3] +1

16. Minibull

Minibull Member

Loud. Fast. Thrill ride lol

Good fun in the servers, lots of peeps make it really great fun. As a first release of these, bloody top notch IMO. Looking forward to more tracks and real skins. Dogecoin car...that's muh jam cuhz, lol.
    Need to learn about setup and that sort of thing. Couldn't break within half a second of the fast guys in most sessions.

17. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Saw a few familiar names on those servers :)

Now where did I put my setup cheat sheet :confused:

Wonder whether the NASC.... I mean SCRS Trucks will make an appearance? They hold a special place in my heart since the project wildfire days :)

18. Minibull

Minibull Member

For a hoot the other day, I took Tommy's racing truck mod around Mountain Peak...trying my best to imitate the oval trucks XD

19. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

20. bwana

bwana Registered

Thanks for that set mschhreiner, gained a half at MP . cheers. now to learn the craft.