Stock Car Community

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kristoff Rand, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

The day has come... What we've been waiting for. The ISI Stock Car is about to drop. It looks fantastic and I'm stoked as I'm sure you are too.

Now, before we all go running off half cocked. Can we take a minute to discuss the future of Stock Car Racing on rF2? The community has become more and more fractured over the last few years. Smaller and smaller groups running their own, customized mod. This did nothing to help racing, to further development or to improve the community.

ISI has provided a very powerful system here and a base from which to build a truly great Stock Car Sim... If we use the system properly, we can all have Custom League Mods of the same overall Stock Car Mod. Unique League details would be installed via the various modules. And the entire community could make decisions on physics and driveability. This will help to keep the community from becoming fractured like it has in the past. Countless "Full Install" mods were produced in rF1 and most were based off the same one. This would allow us to have those big fields that most of us are looking forward to.

If everyone was willing, we could work together to keep all the leagues under one base mod and still have customization, sponsorship, custom UI, intros and spinner.

Drivers what do you want from this mod?

League admins, what are your plans from here?

Who's planning their own mod?

Who's planning to stick to ISI's mod?

2. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

I just hope I'm able to keep my front-right tire from incinerating. I tried a race around Mountain Peek with the GTR-1 and the tire's temp was around 250'F, and I tried different suspension tweaks. Either I'm doing something wrong or I'm missing something simple that's right under my nose.

3. Chefmark

Chefmark Registered

Track Bar

4. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

In real life the right side compound is different than the left and the tires are designed for oval racing and even designed specifically for that particular track. The GTR uses soft tires that is meant for road racing. It's apples to oranges really.

5. sg333

sg333 Registered

The two things I'm really hoping for are:

-realistic plate racing: ability to run in large packs when needed and run single file when its required. Great fun to pack race online when properly simulated
    -road course handling: should be drivable in RC config as in real life. These cars are no longer untamed beats on road courses so hopefully they are raceable and fun too

6. shiet

shiet Registered

I'm hoping for more than 2 tracks...

7. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I would like to see how many people dismiss these stockcars after driving them for 10 mins and claiming they are "unrealistic" and "driving on ice".

8. bwana

bwana Registered

Joesville + Mountain Peak + Indy = 3

and Brookedale may also be an oval . time will tell.

and of course Montreal if you want to run a 'series' and no doubt a good Watkins and Sonoma will pop up very soon.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2015
  9. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Lots, plus there are already people complaining there isnt' enough tracks.

10. shiet

shiet Registered

1. 3 is not that much bigger than 2 if you want to run a league
    2. I wasn't complaining, that's just a desire

I guess ISI is counting on the modders just like in the case of roadside tracks and cars.

11. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Get yourself Blender.... Google Earth Pro... then we'll have more :p

12. simforlife2

simforlife2 Registered

2 tracks? 3PA?

ISI is also updating and developing a selection of oval tracks for their Stock Car content. At the moment the Indianapolis, Charlotte, Daytona, Kentucky, Darlington, and Richmond tracks are mentioned

13. Diogo Oliveira Falcão

Diogo Oliveira Falcão Registered

Please send us the links of the tracks developed by you.

14. Emery

Emery Registered

Don't forget Nazareth (VLM), Jacksonville (coming soon), and, what is it, Ohio (used with Indycars usually)? [Iowa?]

15. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

Bathurst Could be Fun... :D And if there was Joesville that would be hillarious

16. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

We have Sears Point (Sonoma)

17. Justy

Justy Registered

There is also texas motorspeedway, (by plickbadger) and also Orchard lake from rf1 was converted to RF2. Not sure of any others aside from the ISI/3pa tracks. :)

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

18. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I creating content when real life work and health allow.... any other questions?

19. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

It does allow you, however, to post here daily and encourage people to create content from scratch and vetoing other people's requests who ask for features to convert older content which takes a lot of less time. The time that you now say that you lack.

Others have health, family and a work as well. When you have released something please give advice and not before.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

20. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

The Modding Team I'm working with will be releasing a Starter Pack to get you a full season of tracks. They will be either SCE or JNS with just surfaces redone. Then We'll go back and hit every track for scratch or close to it build. You'll have all the tracks in a few weeks. The bad ass tracks may take years depending on how much help there is.