It's official: rFactor 2 coming to Steam!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

great news ! Why the video doesn't show night or rain?

2. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Then we all are here Marc ;) watch the lesson below

3. melanie

melanie Registered

SCREEEEEAM YAY, I just saw this in one of my steam friends activities, yes I know I'm hated here by the ISI community, but yes insta buy when this happens.

ISI really needs to release rfactor2 on steam has a FULL package, with all the current content, I have loads of friends that will purchase this, as a FULL package, they don't have time to install each content
    tracks and cars each at a time, take notices ISI this MUSTBE released on steam as a FULL package with all the current content, steam can handle the massive gigabyte download.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2015
  4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Updated and more documentation easily available are a must-have.

5. peterchen

peterchen Registered

You here????? Really, didn´t knew that you have an account here.
    Its really time that you get this! Maybe then you have another view to it and your posts on virtualR are less silly in future....:p

6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Again.... you assume those on Steam are total numpties to PC gaming.... errrr no. :p

7. simforlife2

simforlife2 Registered

rain did not appear because the effects were not adicionads ?
    missed transition night and day

8. melanie

melanie Registered

Dont worry I'll be good, I won't be visiting this forum, with all the previous hate, I'm only here to say well done on bringing this title to steam so don't worry about that, byeeeee.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2015
  9. Woodee

Woodee Registered

what are you on about??

10. Justy

Justy Registered

This is fantastic news! Love the video trailer and the prospect of manhandling the Stock Cars around the Oval courses this weekend has me stoked! Even if it might just encroach a little bit, on my practise time for my league race this coming Tuesday. :rolleyes: :eek:

As far as I'm concerned, this can only be a good thing for ISI/rF2, the only way is up!

Many thanks ISI!

11. melanie

melanie Registered

He is right though, most gamers on steam want to install their games and play, no messing about with files, tweaking files, and installing 100s of content, or even visiting sites outside of steam just to get content, ISI must release rf2 with all the current content as one complete package, just like rfactor1.

12. yusupov

yusupov Registered

real road aside (which is simple enough once you realize its there & know about "ctrl+x"), rf2 is actually much simpler out of the box than AC & especially pCARS. the fact that it has a demo should be a boon, people love free crap! this is really lovely news, im sure there are far more people with wheels now than there were 1,2 years ago & i really think every single one of those people are legit potential customers simply given how good rf2 ffb feels.

13. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

You know, it's quite arrogant of anyone to tell ISI what they "must" (in bold) do, because they are in the software business, you aren't.

It will be great if Steam brings in more people and more funds, but if there's any part of the program that will not longer work without Steam I will personally be very pissed off. However, I don't sense that ISI is planning anything like that, so Steam will and should only be a second distribution channel.

Trailer is very well done, especially the "Real" inserts.

14. simforlife2

simforlife2 Registered

Rain is not finished? understood?

15. yusupov

yusupov Registered

im sure they will, or have clear options for 'lite' or 'full' content.

i really think people are overestimating how abstruse rf2 is, or perhaps more accurately underestimating how abstruse its peers are. idk what anyone means about tweaking etc, other than STM ive never tweaked a thing, & now thats in the GUI (which, again, may not be the best but actually comes out looking very good by PC sim standards). installing mods is intuitive. i dont see this appealing to the mainstream, i think it will collect (and sometimes steal) pCARS & AC buyers.

16. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

And that drum solo too. :)

I would like to know if we will be forced to install steam version, if we can stay in old way, if we can have both, if folders directory will change, if rf2 launcher will work forever for old school install...
    How third party mods will be installed(bealiving that official cars and tracks will be update automatically), if prices will change for online subscription, if we will still have lifetime option, who build stonehange, etc...

Ps: Congratulations to the team. I think this is a smart business decision. Not sure about to the audience that will come to online play.
    And please, don't dumb down physics because the new audience are complaining about :)

17. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Knowing ISI, that is one thing we will never need to worry about. :)

18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

what it means to me ( & pals ....once rf2 goes VR too that is )

steam voice chat during online / hosting etc

simple no hassle auto updating

19. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

if Isi were to do this ( dumb down ) then rf2 would end up being like many other arcade-simcade titles out there ......bad move

20. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

I know. Im just kidding.
    If they want to do something like that, would be easier releasing mods with more grip than usual.
    Not worried at all.