RFactor 2 Advanced Car Set up Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by David O'Reilly, Sep 13, 2015.

1. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

buahahahahaha!!!!

i sell fresh air from alps in one litre bottle only 5 euros,half litre is 20 euros.if you want premium package is 50 euro and in premium pack you get,better quality of air and one glass bottle so you can share with your love ones...

i want two pair of socks,only if they really tested.

2. Stevy

Stevy Registered

i test them so hard, i start sweating :D

3. Axe

Axe Registered

just to get your word in to proper context. just to know what to think about your opinion:
    please show us your contribution to the simracing community. what have you ever given to somebody for free?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2016
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

This is all you should have said, or just thought if you didn't feel the need to say it. People can ask money for their work, if people pay it's because they're happy to have it and consider the price worthwhile, if not then they don't.

A community doesn't get stronger when the actions of a few are labelled 'wrong', especially when there's absolutely nothing wrong about it.

5. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

I was going to say it but a couple of decent people said it first.

Why dont we agree that if you dont like the deal, you can simply not purchase. That's usually the accepted way in commerce.

However if you want to vent your fury and say why it's so wrong please accompany that with a link to the work you have given away for nothing to the community. That will stop you looking like a fool.

6. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

I don't think this guide is advanced enough to sell (not enough about telemetry), nor is it rigorous enough in explaining car setup effects (lacks precision and completeness).

7. Stevy

Stevy Registered

Do...do you really want to start this ? Are you really sure you thought about what you write, before posting ?
    I don't think so! I will not start argumenting with you now. Hope you learn it for yourself.

I shouldn't say that ? Then why is here a Forum ? Just too say postive things, and agree with everything ?
    Thats my opinion, and i decided to post it. Oh...and of course is everyone free to do what he/she wants to and think is right.
    But i didn't mentioned that, so it must come from you. Good for you.
    oh...and that community thing....everything starts small ;).

Again...please...this thesis...

Well, like i said, there are 10^x Guides for everything....but of course he can try it...Good luck! :p

8. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I would love to pay for a really well directed setup guide. I downloaded the first version of this guide and I really was not impressed. It replicates the typical structure of this kind of guides. It is too theoretical IMO. Not because of the content which is perfect but because it doesnt focus on the specific setup making procedure. This actually means to explain how to go from a vehicle default setup to a track specific setup.
    It would need to explain what to look in motec and what changes to make after each setup iteration (and why of course). I understand that there are some parameters that need to changed before others. It would also reccommend the required number of laps for testing each setup which, I guess, depends on how far we are from our "ideal" setup.

I understand that the process could be described as an iterative cascade process. After completing each iteration the process is repeated to readjust the side effects of secondary parameter changed on main parameters.

It should provide several examples with rF2 most popular cars and tracks of precisely that how the author gets his setup starting from the vehicle default.

The intermediate iteration setups and track state by which the author goes through, would be downloadable so the reader can better understand authors description about car behaviour.

I dont really care how many hours someone spends to achieve his knowledge if it doesnt help others. You need to be able to trasmit your knowledge to the reader, especially when you eant him to be your customer and get paid by him.

Good luck and I hope you find something interesting in my words.

Enviado desde mi ONE A2001 mediante Tapatalk

9. David O'Reilly

Compared to what?

10. David O'Reilly

and afterthat dissertation you reckon my guide is too theoretical? ;)

The sentence I highlighted makes me think you havent actually read the section that guides you through a process ( a thing quite a bit like a procedure actually).
    Because that is exactly what it does.

Car behaviour is explained in detail etc etc.

So in the end I dont find this version of your words very impressive.
    Thanks for the good luck wishes though, I am moved by them. However they do seem out of sync with your review which essentially pans it.

I may have lost something in the iterative cascade? Not sure.

11. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Nice marketing strategy. I can see that you cant take critics and write respectfully if you don't agree. All I can say is that I hope nobody gets impressed by your ego and doesn't buy your, for me, useless guide.

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

You are free to write a better one then!

Jesus guys, don't like it? don't buy it, like it? buy it...I'm gonna be paying more for ONE pint down the pub tonight!

13. David O'Reilly

and you are who exactly?
    You seem to think your words are a blessing and much sought after.
    Your credibilty is based on what again?

To answer you more precisely.
    My co authors are race winning Ace and World Championship drivers in FSR so definitionally some of the best sim drivers on planet earth.
    I take their feedback very seriously and with appreciation. Their content is used in the guide.

and does

Then a random person comesand make assertions that are a) downright erroneous eg (not showing a "procedure" when a whole chapter is devoted to it).
    b) Totally impractical (offering set ups through the process: what car? what version? pre or post cpm? what race distance what track? what Real Road etc etc. So with all these variables in 3 months the set is out of date.
    and C) based on your tastes and your view as to how you would like to see it done.
    Basically concluding the guide is useless.

The top drivers in the world like and use it.
    ISI have supported it as being awesome. They posted it on their home page.
    The Simpit absolutely loved it (see video).
    It has been downloaded and shared in the many hundreds.
    Now its four quid and you think its a matter for parliament.

So I ask in all seriousness who then are you? who made you such an expert? What makes you presume that your view is so valuable?
    Also if this is a bad one where is there a good one that you would pay for?
    Where even is a better one.

So please don't be so shocked and hurt when you come here and spout off such opinions and expect warm thanks when all I am offereing is a simple consumer choice, buy or dont buy.
    Spare me your rhetoric. Pay the four quid or leave me in peace.

14. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I wont even read your reply. I dont have more time to spend with you. You dont desserve it

15. David O'Reilly

Thank goodness for that.

16. Axe

Axe Registered

I really do not want to start anything. I asked simple question.
    Although you did not answer that question (not surprising, expected) I know how to treat your post: irrelevant.

And be proud, you are the first person ever on my ignore list.

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Is this setup thing like the one from GPL, that you select the car, it has info, and you work out the numbers? There was one that was in website form, free too, for F1C/rF1 that a friend would use for his leagues, where again you selected your car and it worked with you for the parameters values to be optimized. Is that how this works?

ps: I have never seen any version of this guide before, it's why I ask.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2016
  18. Eddy

Eddy Registered

No Gui it's a total guide where you have to sort out yourself but with a great guideline due to the proper explanation David gave. I don't get the fuss around here about the decision David made to sell his guide in stead of giving it for free. it's his choice and i wish him the best of luck with it. On a sidenote it maybe would have been better to sell it from the first moment on, but again it's Davids decision and right to do as he likes with it.

Will i buy it...no i won't, not because it's a piece of junk but because it doesn't give me new insights in tuning a car. But for people new to racing/simracing it's a great piece of work.

19. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Ahhhhhhh, ok. Thanks, Eddy.

Anyone is entitled to sell anything they create, so pretty much fair play here. I can understand arguments around this as there are available guides online, and also how can one measure the amount of influence or borrowing of ideas taken from other sources? (Rhetorical question)

20. Fred Nakuni

Fred Nakuni Registered

Hello,

Excuse my English. I have 3 questions:

-Is There's a lot of additions between v1 and V1.1?
    -Where Can I buy version 1.1? (You can answer me in PM)
    -Does It poses a concern to the author if I make a translated summary on my youtube channel (in French)?

This guide is my bible, better than any French setup guide.
    Thank you for your very good work :)