Bathurst 1.0 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Sep 10, 2015.

1. shiet

shiet Registered

I don't know. Does it matter? I'm not an alien by any means and I can beat them even at 110% in race (not qualify or practice) with the Howston G4. I don't know the other cars. edit: on other ISI tracks I race against the AI with 95-105% strength and I usually end up in the midfield.

Btw back to the bumps: there are 5 very big bumps on the track which shouldn't be there.

1. before braking zone on Mountain straight
    2. one between T7 and T8
    3. one before T10 (Hinxman)
    4. one at T11
    5. one right after T14 (the dipper, the map above is wrong, the dipper is T14 and not T18)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2015
  2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Seriously you get a converted track of that quality and you going to whine about a few bumps.

Go have a cry. lol

3. shiet

shiet Registered

Looks like everybody who dares to say some criticism/suggestion on this forum is whining... just an observation.
    I'm talking about the bumps because I don't think they intended to be there.

If everybody would applause and only say thank you all the time when something new was developed (in real life) there wouldn't be any progress. Progression needs guys like me. :D

4. bwana

bwana Registered

awesome , Im going up the top for a beer and some lamb on the spit , coming DD ?

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Sorry it is not personal

I should be used to it now and the bashing rF2 gets

Get a new Bathurst and 5 bumps are wrong.............well FM lol

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Since F1-2002 V8 mod I bewen trying to get a big lan going on top of the Mountain.

We had sponsors very interested and all.

Was going to be charity event for Bathurt Childrens Hosptial

We called it LAN4KiDs

Never got off the ground

imagine us lot in big tent at night racing Lowndes and Giz

lol

Yes mate the hangi was planned but guy coming to event from Netherlands ( amazing I know ) wanted to do the cooking said it had to be a pig. lol ( Had interest from guys in UK and US as well )

I like lamb better too.

What a 4 days you could make it but., big screens outside tent , etc

7. bwana

bwana Registered

Think it would take me a week to sober up for the drive home. Great idea though!

8. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Well I'm not an expert on Bathurst. Never driven there personally, other than other sims I've only seen broadcasts of races held there.

I kinda feel how you feel about few bumps, drops, elevation changes etc. Few of them are really brutal but because I don't know any better than anyone involved in building that object I can't really complain. There are few places where I was about to snap my neck on few occasions just out of frustration how brutal they are when you do that just a little bit differently than optimal way.

But I like frustration. At least good frustration when it challenges me. So on one hand it may be off putting to experience few things, on the other it is nice to have sth to test your skill, patience.

Everything has upsides and downsides. I'm ok with it.

For me Bathurst is the best place to race at night at the moment. No other place feels so intimidating when driving with anger in darkness.

9. shiet

shiet Registered

I feel sorry for you if you think this is bashing. Pls grow up.

Ronnie: I'm not worried about the bumps because they make the driving harder but because they're not there in real life and they look like imperfections in the road mesh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvycW7C3hX4

bump1? ~0:40
    bump2? ~1:07
    bump3? ~1:15
    bump4? ~1:22
    bump5? ~1:29

if those bumps were real this car would fly over the walls...

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I don't want your pity !

lol p

Well rF2 gets bashed that much it is hard to tell from one post to another.

Does not change my opinion anyways ...............it is just another thing to whine about.

You been whinging since the start about gates about road patches how the Howston race , ai ........... whatever

11. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Even if they seem to be less dramatic on the vid than they seem in rF2, there's nothing stopping you from redoing it yourself to suit your needs and expectations. :)

12. shiet

shiet Registered

Thank you ISI and mianiak for this fantastic track, it's gorgeous, it's awesome, it's PERFECT. :) Pls don't change anything on it because it's perfect and everybody is happy and don't listen to anybody who says otherwise because they're just whiners.
    It's perfect and I'm happy. :)

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

VLM team Rouen's for F1 Challenge.

I asked politely what map they used.......... because to me it looked like GPL lool

They banned me for insinuating it was GPL map lol ...........................which it was but they never would admit.

Tell me did anyone listen back then ? cause nothings changed from the erroneous GPL ?

Even pCars copies GPL turn 1.

But when Rouen is released I not going to start picking on it or asking for fixes after the ship has sailed.

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

There's no point worrying about the bumps, why? For the second time in this thread, the track was resurfaced last year before the Bathurst 1000, this RF2 version is from before then. I highly doubt ISI/mianiak will go back and "fix" any bumps, if they were to release a newer version I'd like to think they'd update the surface to be new...just like it is in real life.

15. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

After some Google investigation, I fixed both this and VLM's Le Mans using the Timeout Detection and Recovery registry fix. Thanks for the tip anyway!

16. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

Thanks for the track :cool:

p.s. Timezone is incorrect for the selected race date

17. mianiak

mianiak Registered

It Shouldn't be,

TimezoneRelativeGMT = 10.0 // hours compared to Greenwich Mean Time (should be negative to the West)
    DSTRange=(275.0, 93.0, 0, 9999) // (start day 1.0-367.0, end day 1.0-367.0, start year, end year)

Starting on the 275th day of the year DST kicks in, then out on the 93rd day of the next year, from the year 0 to the year 9999.

18. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

yeh sorry mate...I googled wrong :D

19. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Warning - Off Topic post, but I am going to Bathurst again for the 12hr race in Feb. Could we do somethng for that? If so, maybe we can start a new thread?

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Well it is a Bathurst thread hehehe p

12 hour would be better more room. Race GT and V8 :)

Take a lot of planning if you want to be on the Mountain, you need big generator, good flooring and event tent... then pray for good weather. p

We contacted V8 , Council, hospital, Drivers and some sponsors, feedback was tremendous.
    Racing drivers have sick kids too. ;)

We had some good ideas to make money for the charity and fund event.

Yeah we could do a thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2015