Bathurst 1.0 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Gupster

Gupster Registered

Thank you to all involved with this beauty. Stunning.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Are all their files removed, etc? This sounds like an issue none of us encountered and few in the community probably do. Check your installed folder for any traces.

3. 88mphTim

Honestly I wouldn't let it bother you. Enjoy what you've got rather than worrying about people who make excuses.

4. 88mphTim

Love the comment on the vid lol.

5. bwana

bwana Registered

lol just read that Tim, some people have no idea. lol ;)

6. Gupster

Gupster Registered

It is an AI driver doing track learning and it looked so beautiful I captured it with shadowplay.
    I like to use the learning mode to make a realroad for later use.

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

You know the track is going to be good when the attention to detail and the quality of the textures inside the garage stall is better than some tracks achieve for the main part of the track. This is just a stunning piece of work and the fact that it has 3-D trees, lots of high quality objects, excellent high quality textures AND runs so smoothly and is well optimized is the final statement. It also has the artistic look and feel of a real place that is so difficult to achieve for smaller-scale modders. This is the new benchmark for rF2 track quality surpassing, as a total package, even the recent ISI winners like AMP.

And there is another bonus! The steep up- and higher speed down-slope sections are the perfect place to test the balance and design of a car mod. If a car has too light a back end, it will show up there very obviously. I haven't tried that many cars yet, but the usual suspects like the NSX and Historic F2 feel very appropriately planted. Others not so much...but I won't detract from the kudos to this track by delving into that topic. You will all find out soon enough as soon as you push any of the offending vehicles on this excellent test track.

I am sure we would all be delighted to see many more tracks from this particular 3PA!

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I keep pestering them every week, they will come around. :)

9. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Those of you who are having the problem with GRAS_slope02_Norm.dds, can you please tell me what texture level settings you're using?

If you're using low texture settings, try high or max.

Also just make sure your video drivers are up to date and just out of curiosity, what cpu gfx combo are you using?

[ED] also if your using 32bit, try lowering texture detail to low or medium

10. I_Bellett

I_Bellett Registered

@mianiak
    The direction of the road surface mesh is different depending on the location.
    It is fix in a future update?

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

The Dipper doesn't seem near step enough for me, maybe an illusion of sorts in the car will have to take a look with a free cam, agree that Forrests Elbow is better.

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

The real track was resurfaced last year so I'm guessing this RF2 track was originally sourced before then.

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, I haven't driven this track myself yet, the vid in the OP goes very wide before the dipper which makes it more difficult to judge, the AI lap above is a higher view so also difficult - but it probably seems overly flat, in contrast to overly steep dippers in rF1 tracks. It should be sort of in the middle, like this: (this vid also shows the dead straight left edge into T2, unlike this track and pcars)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57MYzPk1e3s

The good thing about this dipper though, is the right hander before it extends longer like real life, same as the right hander before Forrest's - in the ORSM track both those were a bit too tight.

14. cloudXXI

cloudXXI Registered

I have update drivers and now it works ok.

Thank you very much!

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Having stood at The Dipper I can assure you it is overly steep :p I remember saying at the time "how do cars go down this!?"
    Again though it's not always easy to tell from onboard when racing full tilt!

I could be anal and compare pictures I took but it's not really worth it, overall the track is fantastic and that's the main thing.

16. bwana

bwana Registered

Changing my FOV sure made a difference to elevations settled on 42 which viewing videos probably isn't steep enough but still gives a sense of dropping into the dipper.. Loving it thanks ISI and Mainiak

17. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Bathurst Now Available

Aha [emoji57]
    Thank you ISI and mianiac [emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

18. shiet

shiet Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2015
  19. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Thanks to all involved. I gave it a go with the Apex 799 great track (done very well ) for a great car.

20. FatCity

FatCity Registered

Thanks all involved.

P.S Does anyone know if Mike Cantwell was involved in this project? I saw his post over at VirtualR and was wondering if he still had his Lakeside in the works for RF2.