AI Slower Classes > Ignore defensive line

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Satangoss, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I don't want to see GTs trying to block Prototypes using the defensive line (no point for it).

Because AI behavior, depending on the track the GTs can really block Prototypes sometimes using defensive line.

A way to work this around would be very welcome, if the car class is slower, then the AI shouldn't try to block the faster class.

2. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Would be a welcome improvement.

Cheers.

3. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Very unlikely that something like this is possible!
    But they could improve blue-flag-behaviour for AI, what would solve that problem too.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

If on the same lap then it's "Racing" but you're right the slower classes wouldn't block the faster classes regardless, the way I see this working is to have an extra line in the Talent File:
    SpeedClass="1"

Then for every LMP car you add in "1", for GTPro "2" and GTAm "3" for example. Then hardcoded into the game the AI will know when it's not worth "fighting/blocking" the car directly behind them and let them pass by enabling the Blue Flag Rule momentarily.

Sounds simple enough but I bet it's not to code it all in :p

When those cars are being lapped then they're being lapped anyway, the Blue Flag Rule as it stands is good but yes could do with improvement.

5. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Yeap, this arrangement would be good.

Probably it's not simply to implement indeed, we'll need a piece of code which compares the class and bypasses the defensive behaviour. During race, the blue flag (although not perfect) helps to avoid blocking, but in qualifyings sessions is a drama because they're in the "same lap". How bizarre is a GT-Am trying to defend its "position" from a LMP1 prototype! :cool:

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I have no idea about how the new plugin system works, could that be used so a community member could do something?

7. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

Something like a hierarchy system could be implemented as said before so that cars assorted into classes will obey blue flag rules compared to other classes that are higher than them.