Chevrolet Corvette C6.R GT2 v1.62 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Sep 2, 2015.

1. TJones

TJones Registered

+1

The former version was already good, the new tyres now, made this car absolutely amazing.

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I could've sworn the rear fan in the car was visibly rotating in a previous version, or am I getting confused with the URD one?!

3. Eddy

Eddy Registered

For sure there was a rear Corvette fan rotating but i really don't know anymore if it was ISI, URD or Apex. But even without rotating fan....it's a nice ride :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2015
  4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Finally tried this and the new build. I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2015
  5. Carlo

Carlo Registered

I love this car now. Compared to the real old version, this is like night and day. Feels much more like the vettes that I've driven at 150 mph in real life.

6. Minibull

Minibull Member

...road ones? Or race ones? XD

@Spinelli, for me, the fuss is that the car actually responds to camber changes better. Also if you haven't, try some wet racing (both this and the GTR). They actually work a hell of a lot better now too, you can actually have a decently proper race in the wet.
    Without the wets cooking up, even though you aren't scrubbing. Also, slicks don't want to work as well in the wet. You used to be able to get away with some rather odd things with slicks in the rain/damp track.

7. Carlo

Carlo Registered

Well, one of the vettes was formerly a dragster that was converted for street use. It took two batteries just to turn the engine over. Cranked real slow (big block high compression/modded cams) and then thundered to life - always drew a crowd. Drove this one past a police station at 145 mph - they didn't even bother.

The other was a late model, big block street car with a limiter that cut in at 160mph.

My favorite was an early (1960s), numbers matching, vette that I rode in, but didn't have an opportunity to drive. This one scared the crap out of me.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2015
  8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

That is exactly my feelings about the car too.
    There's a definite reason for all that "fuss". :)

9. Minibull

Minibull Member

Ah yeh, nice. I was just wondering, this thing being a serious racer and all that. My mind couldn't quite bridge the gap between driving a road Corvette to driving a GT2 race car XD

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Maybe the fuss is about the "on paper" numbers game so many obsess over then.

At and over the limit it's still not much different than any car based on any version of an ISI engine going back at-least 15 years to F1 2002. A bit improved (as some cars are naturally due to the RF2 engine relative to the RF1 and prior engine/s) but overall it's still easy to experience the same sort of odd, digital, unatural stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2015
  11. RNelson

RNelson Registered

Behind every silver lining is a rain cloud......

12. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

There is the "glass half full" crowd and then there is the "glass half empty" crowd.
    Glass half full = tend to look for and tend to expect the good part.
    Glass half empty = tend to look for and tend to expect the bad part.

It's a self made choice.

13. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

I know that you are talking about drifting and sliding but you always use the term "over the limit" and honestly i don't think going over the limit of a car is something you wanna do in real life racing on a race track where damage to your health and car is omnipresent. Maybe its easier to catch a car in real life but you get much more information from the car itself then you get from your wheel because you can feel the car with your whole body and also the speed and g-forces.

And don't forget that there are always 2 limits, the limit of the car and the limit of the driver and i am sure most people don't exceed the limit of the car. And you always read everywhere to drive at the limit not over it. ;)

Thanks for this update the car feels very very good again and its for sure my favorite ride so far although its a semi automatic toy! :)

14. unknwn

unknwn Registered

You don't need to consistently drive "at the limit" (which is hard to master) to experience "at the limit" moments to compare them.
    Sim racers constantly experience "at or over the limit" moments, the hard part is to consistently keep the car "at that limit" despite circumstances.
    I would say that most sim racers (especially not as experienced ones) constantly have to deal with "over the limit" moments as they sit behind a screen and have no G forces or conscience of the possible danger for their lives to consider "braking earlier" which comes with experience and skill;) This is the entertaining part of car handling (at least for me) and the part that sims have been trying to recreate for years, while general (accurate) car characteristics on the track ( i.e. cornering speed, acceleration, braking zones, lap times) have been been available for quite some time (rF1 engine?).

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2015
  15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

+1

16. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

In racing you're constantly hitting the limits and going over many, many times even if you're, for example, 5 seconds a lap slower. There's issues in the fundamental dynamics going back 15 years now. Up until those points, the ISI engine, and even more-so RF2 (but the ISI engine in general) is the most alive, visceral, raw, exciting, realistic, amazing, engine in my opinion. Things tend to fall apart once you start approaching slip angles though, and even sometimes before slip angles occur. Nothing to do with g-forces and going faster and pushing harder in sims relative to real-life. Anyways, it's not specific to the Corvette, or any vehicle, or RF2, so I'm not going to to derail this Corvette thread any further.

17. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Spinelli we understood now - after several posts with same content in more or less every thread - that you are unsatisfied with something!
    And: you are the only one here!
    Maybe drive with more tyre-pressure, that might help!
    Otherwise: glad that you´re out of discussion (that you never participate in) here....:rolleyes:

18. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ignorance is bliss

19. Minibull

Minibull Member

:rolleyes:

20. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Back to RF2 after a summer break, I just had a few laps with it at Portugal, and I really liked the car.

Using a previous setup, I had to change brake bias towards rear. I feel the car is fighting for grip and not just sliding smoothly, as in the Cobra I get a very good idea of how far of the limit I am.

Congratulations ISI.