gJED

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Woodee, Aug 19, 2015.

1. woochoo

woochoo Registered

well, gJED has it covered then :)

I think that's probably accurate :) edit: see the next two posts for clarification :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2015
  2. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Only if gJED can map the different channels and map fast path for realroad

3. woochoo

woochoo Registered

That's a good point. You'd need to map all your channels in the 3D program first. No problem if the object only uses one channel though.
    Not sure if you'd be able to change a texture's mapping channel in the gJED equivalent of the material editor though.

4. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

As with 3dsimed you'll only be able to scale/flip/rotate the mapping (if that) - the actual UVW mapping still has to be done in a modeling tool.

5. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

3dSimed can not rotate

Thats a shame also cause thats means it cant be used just with race track builder as that wont map fast path. You will still need to use a 3rd program for that.

6. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

I am always eager to try new things and I WILL try this and probably use it over 3dsimed. BUT I don't see much difference between this and 3dsimed except that this is made by ISI so for it's ISI related products and might have a more realistic shader display than 3dsimed

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2015
  7. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Maybe they can implement the AIW editor in a more similar way as in BTB.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

8. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

So it is already possible to create your meshes in a 3D modeling app you like export as FBX and use 3DSimED to tweak and export to gmotor2?

9. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

And that is it's major force, and what many modders hunger for to make their work look best possible ingame.

10. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

The biggest thing is it looks identical to the game. So you can see how things react with HDR and you can quickly change the ToD and all that.

11. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

I think this biggest bonus. Because i tested once changing some tarmac color in 3dsimed and there it look good. But in rF2 the tarmac was suddenly yellow instead of dark grey.

12. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

It's a really pain-in-ass to setup materials and be forced to launch the game or DevMod every minor tweak. This load of work often discourages the fine tuning process. This is the great thing of this new tool, it's a "WYSIWYG" tool as Assetto Corsa already has.

I'm very sure it'll be very useful.

13. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Yep

14. woochoo

woochoo Registered

I use the viewer program (in the ModDev folder) to quickly check texture and material settings with quick iterations. It doesn't need to load the game UI, or the car models, or whatever else is involved in loading the whole game. You can scroll through the time of day and adjust material properties in realtime, as with devmode (but the viewer loads more quickly).

The difference is the material settings aren't saved from the viewer. The user has to alt-tab back to 3dsMax and type in the values manually.
    With gJED the settings will be saved to a new separate file that the game apparently uses to read material settings, which is a little more convenient.

gJED is like the viewer, but with mesh importing and access to all the important related settings.

15. yifter

yifter Registered

Isi seems to be developing things in a good way. Being able to model in a variety of programs can just be good! Kudos!

16. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

OK, and what do you do when you have to import the FBX again? Can you do that without loosing your material settings?

17. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

If you read gJED documentation from rFactor wiki (wiki.rfactor.net), it says that "gJED Import – import FBX files into gJED to adjust mesh and material settings, as well as create reflection mappers. All work done in gJED is saved in the gJED environment file."

If I understand this correctly, you can re-import FBX and re-apply material and other settings from gJED enviroment file.

18. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

My question was related to 3DSimED...

19. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

To answer your question Ozzy, yes, it is already possible to create your mesh and export it as fbx and import into 3DSimEd and tweak materials and such and then export to Gmt2.

There are two separate importers inside of 3DSimEd; Import and Import Plugin.

Import does not have the .FBX format.

View attachment 17656

Import Plugin however, does.

View attachment 17657

20. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Im getting appcrash everytime launching the exe :(