[REL] Flat6 Series rF2

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by klo-che, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Something is very odd with the new body shader...
    Screenshots with same graphic settings and same time of day.

V1.0 is OK
    View attachment 20923
    V2.0 is NOK
    View attachment 20924

shader causes wierd jaggie things on the roof...
    View attachment 20925

Problem is also noticeable on the URD cars new shader

View attachment 20926

Problem has been reported before. New body shader isn't OK.

2. Pben1

Pben1 Registered

Nice update thanks

3. tjc

tjc Registered

I too have noticed things looking a bit too "white"

I`m also having a bit of trouble driving this car... it seems to want to swap ends very easily (for me anyway)

Corner entry under steer... sometimes corner exit over steer. Doesn`t like braking either as seems to over steer for me during that too. Maybe I just suck at driving it though. :p

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Why is it still not in "Most Recent" when I check the Workshop??

5. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Hmmmm... maybe if it's an update over a previously existing file it won't consider it new?

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

+1

Handling, braking, FFB all so much better now. Just the lighting/AA issue for me. Doesn't seem to affect showroom, only the on-track situation.

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I hate Steam for this sort of thing ;) Luckily, it works well in other ways.

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

If you had it as Favorite before then it auto-updated, which was my case. I however did download the package separately too.

9. argo0

argo0 Registered

Thanks for this. Had a great race at Silverstone tonight, 100% AI were tough for me. My quickest was 2.05.5. Don't know what data the mod is based on but I found it very immersive.
    Thanks again.

10. lamck

lamck Registered

I selected "*" in player.json to display all parts in the mirror and I noticed that the rear wing disappeared in all mirrors when the headlight was on.

11. TheGrunt

TheGrunt Registered

Big thanks! Car feels IMO significantly better than the 1.0 version. My only gripe is that for some reason model is still very FPS intesive compared to most other vehicles I have driven. I have triples with multiview on and I can use pretty much any other car on most mod tracks with around 25 AI's and have 60fps locked except perhaps a little dip in the first moments after the start when starting from behind. For example, in Barbagallo and the recently released Group C 0.96 I get just under 60fps on start, otherwise it stays at 60fps locked. With Flat6, it starts at little over 40FPS and likes to stay below 60, so there is around 15-20fps difference on my system! Curiously, most of the detail settings doesn't seem to have any effect on the FPS, like lowering the opponent detail to minumum, but setting the shadows from medium I normally use to low causes the FPS to jump up to the "normal" level or higher. So my guess is that the problem is either in the shaders or the car model lod is just badly optimized.

12. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

The lod in .gen distance are the same as done on rF1, same for the model 3D. Try to reduce the track/rain reflection to low to see if change something. Because now the car are reflected on the ground on rF2 ("heat mirage").

Perhaps it's the new body shader used, but we have not done comparison, this is the only main change between the two version.

13. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I've noticed the same thing.

14. TheGrunt

TheGrunt Registered

Thanks. I have reflections already off, they are a resource hog like shadows and are a key to keep FPS above 60 with larger grids on my system with multiview on (i7-3930K@4.5GHz, 16GB, GTX980ti@5760x1080). Version 1.0 was similar in performance, so it definitely isn't the new shader. And as I said, pretty much only setting affecting the fps significantly with Flat6 is the shadows. Opponent detail, player detail, special effects and so on I gain perhaps 1-2 fps between low to full and flat6, that is next to nothing.

15. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Many thanks for the update. New physics are way more challenging and I like them, still they may disturb the fans of the previous version.

Cheers.

16. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Thanks for the update. The driving experience hasn't changed for me but the textures are still very pixelated.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2016
  17. slimsymeat

slimsymeat Registered

Please can you change the CAMS.cam LocalCam=COCKPIT, LODMultiplier=(1.0000000)to LODMultiplier=(1.1250000)or LODMultiplier=(1.1500000)
    It's unbelievable in this day and age in order to increase fps we still get annoying pop up.
    Many Thanks

18. klo-che

klo-che Registered

can you explain ? I do not understand.

19. argo0

argo0 Registered

I get pop up with this mod also (same with T280). I'll be following a complete car but when it's a certain distance away from me, the wing will disappear or the car will turn into just a set of wheels. Looks very odd. Didn't know what caused it though.

20. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

I don't have pop up problems with the Flat6. But i do have pop up problems with other cars. (Howston Dissenter) I've checked its lods and it should be OK.
    So i don't think it's related to the flat6. I think it's a ISI problem: Some low lods fail to load or something...

@Argo: if you see body parts disapear in cockpit view, switch to bonnet view as a test. Bonnet view seems to work more solide.