[REL] Flat6 Series rF2

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by klo-che, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

+1 !!!

2. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Indeed, I've seen some clips where they used paddle shifters on the steering wheel and didn't do heel/toe.

Would be fun to include both as a garage upgrade. Paddle or stick, autoblip on/off. I think having autoblip could be the thing which helps me sell the mod for our league, even though I personally don't care for it :)

3. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Yep would be a nice addition.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Just noticed this myself, did an Endurance "dummy run" and these cars pitted 4 times compared to the other cars 2. Makes use of this mod in AI Endurance racing null & void for me unfortunately.
    Hopefully it'll be fixed in the future, even a quick fix wouldn't go amiss as it would be very quick to sort out.

5. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

So annoying to find yourself out of shape with heel/toe... Generally I'm braking too late and missing apexes, such an annoying habit, really have to pick those braking points with a safe margin to get everything done before turn in. It feels really slow to me, would be nice to run with other people some time to drive this car, see how others work those pedals :)

Too bad that you don't need the clutch to get the gears to engage ISI!

edit:
    How funny, he is using almost the same braking points as me, same gears also. He just goes through the gears quicker than me after initial braking. I did a 1:47.3xx

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  6. MMartin

MMartin Registered

Hello wgeuze, if you need some drive for comparison, take a look at this:
    Replay

7. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

Why doesn't it look like he's not doing heel/toe? His right leg doesn't move. Is it possible that he's pressing the clutch to down shift and the ECU is programmed to auto blip.

8. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Thanks I'll take a look :) Especially curious about balance and speed in the middle section of the track where you dip down for the double right hander. I'm also a gear too high there it seems and almost panick to get everything done for the second turn and ending up missing it. I'm also using the shifters on my wheel rather than a proper sequential shifters. In my experience I tend to automatically build in the time to shift in a more natural way than while using shifters on the steering wheel :p

edit:
    Can't watch because I don't have the right mod installed, well thats weird.

I think because his knee is largely obstructing view and it's quite dark. He clearly is using the right foot to brake but indeed I have to admit, tough to see on this one.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  9. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

If it is a stock cup car, likely the ecu cannot be altered both by function and by regulation (they are normally sealed against tampering by Porsche). The Auto-Blip I mentioned earlier is mechanical, and actuates the throttle pedal/cable when the lever is downshifted. I do believe the ECU will auto cut on upshift ("no-lift") as there is accelerometer in the lever, and I've read thou shalt not rest your hand on the knob whilst driving, as it messes with the ecu.

10. borbor

borbor Registered

you technically can get by with not using the clutch in sprint races on the 997 cups.

my guy doesn't use it in qualifying. He does in practice and in a race where he isn't in a close fight.

Doesn't seem to hurt the gearbox; bill from PMNA seems reasonable at inspection and service interval.

Autoblip is equipped in the car.

11. Skovby33

Skovby33 Registered

Camera control in cockpit view: For some reason I can't change view postion in cockpit view. It work in all other mods. Is this on purpose? If not, any suggestions for a fix?

12. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Could you indicate how to reproduce this or post a screen shot to understand in a better way?

13. Skovby33

Skovby33 Registered

A screenshot wont help ;-) but I can try with a better desciption of the problem: I always use cockpit view when racing. In all other cars you can use keyboard commands to change your head position/field of view, but in this mod, it doesn't work for some reason. But I just get an idea: I wonder if I have changed the keyboard mapping of these commands, and that could be the reason. Does anybody know the default shortcuts?

14. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Their is no default, you must bind these key

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I've found a Bug when using this mod with the ISI Meganes (see pic below), the "image" displayed on the Megane Headlights is the Flat6 Window/Windscreen DDS. I've removed all Window/Windscreen DDS files from the Teams MAS (Flat6) and repacked but the problem still persists.

I've created a Megane & Flat6 AI mod so it maybe something to do with linking the two (some sort of merge issue perhaps), until I get time to try a fix I was wondering if anyone has another clue that might be able to help, thanks

GRAB_006.JPG

Attached Files:

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Fixed it, I noticed and removed the 'ESLightFlareShaders.mas' from the package and the mirror issue no longer appears so something in that MAS is conflicting with the ISI Meganes.

17. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Could you try the NSX & the Megane Trophy, because I think, the flare shaders of Some1 is in conflict with ISI one.

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yep same issue with the NSX so as you say the Shaders are at fault unfortunately :)

19. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Thank you for the test, so nothing to fix on the Flat6 Series mod on this point.

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Well the Shaders are in the Flat6 MOD so technically yes it does need to be fixed but I see your point :) of course not a major issue but would be nice to have this sorted in a future patch :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2016