rF2 vs rF1 online activity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stonec, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Mulero

Mulero Registered

You came within the servers to see people who had? Maybe you should try but can you take a surprise.... A lot of servers indicate that they are full when in fact there is nobody inside. This is because of booking system.

The actual number of online players do not think that's much higher than that of RF2, only spread differently. In rF2, the vast majority of players come only once a week to contest the race of their league. You can see this clearly in the server rotation most played every day, one day is one's, another day another's and so all week.

In AC, most players will not run in leagues, come several times a week to play short races. The real difference is the amount of people there are online daily and the total number of hours played online a week. This number will surely be much higher in AC, there is probably a difference of x2 or x3, but total number of online players'm sure it's very similar or even higher in RF2.

2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Do you guys run any F1s or Group C cars?

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

League players are a tiny fraction of total online players.

Is it possible to book more than 1 server at the same time? If not, then a booked player is essentially the same thing as a player already in the server. The only difference is that the booked player is waiting a few minutes to be allowed to enter the server rather than already being in it. That's still a legitimate player online though and therefore fully counts when counting online players. If one player can book a bunch of servers at the same time though then that's a different story as you may count 3 or 4 players which may all actually be the same player.

4. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I would love to see some sort of statistical analysis to back this up.

I don't have any numbers myself but just from my experience I would say you're way off. iracing for example is a subscription service based on pickup racing and focuses on pickup racing has way more than " a tiny fraction" who race in leagues exclusively. At least that's how it was over a year ago.

5. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Not how it works exactly the booking system in AC, I lingered a while to get into a lot of servers that said they were full and there was not one person in all of them. I did a count of players and compare it with the number of players in steamcharts, and the difference was huge. In Steamcharts it scored a total of 400 or 500 players and the list of servers, over 1000, which was impossible because Steamcharts indicates exactly all players are in the game at that time.

Long time ago, Marco Massarutto of Kunos, made a statement in which he said that only between 10% and 15% of all buyers of a simulator played online. Yourself, can do the math making that reference, although I would say that this percentage is too low, but you never know, the more that we know about this issue ....

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I don't even know a person in real-life who even knows what a league is. And I know or have met a few simracers.

How many players play in organized first-person-shooter tournanents? How many players belong to "clans"? How many players belong to an organized and scheduled season or tournament in football/soccer/baseball/hockey etc. etc. games? 0.1%? 1%? 5%? It's a tiny fraction. Most people play videogames when they feel like it, not according to a schedule.

Most players also don't post on videogame forums. The people one sees around on forums are the minority. The niche userbase group amongst a userbase group belonging to a niche videogame genre. It's the same with league players. Extreme minority.

7. stonec

stonec Registered

I' say a fair fraction (more than 5%) of those who bought rF2 online subscription, bought it because of interest in leagues. Because at the moment there is little other reason to play rF2 online. Looking at rF2 online activity, it seems to peak mostly during league events and most of the players seem to be hanging around on league servers.

8. Emery

Emery Registered

USA west coast Monday evening, of the top 18 rF1 sites, 10 are locked league servers. Of the top 18 rF2 sites, 13 are locked league servers. The most populated servers in both cases are ALWAYS locked league servers.

How can anyone who has looked at online activity not understand that league activity plays a major role?

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Then that game has an insanely small userbase and it's userbase is comprised of a very niche group of people (league players) of a niche gaming genre (simracing) - the niche of a niche i.e. a ridiculously small group of users.

Whether league players are a fraction of general online players, or online RF2 players are comprised of an unusually large percentage of league players, either way you cut it, it's an extremely small and select userbase.

10. Depco

Depco Registered

We are currently running evora gtc series. After that series is completed we will consider our next car(s).

11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It's Spinelli.

12. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

Thats the only explanation i also found.

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

That's rich coming from someone who called others ignorant in the Corvette thread just because they didn't agree with you, pot & kettle spring to mind Spin :rolleyes:

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I'd say that was more a case of blind "fanboism" rather than trying to actually understand something.

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

lol ok so you delete your post now claim people are blind to changes in a car update?! laugh a minute with you :D

16. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I deleted that post just a couple minutes after I posted it and probably a couple hours ago or so. You should check and reply from the forum instead of directly through emails in order to avoid potentially replying non-existent or heavily edited posts. I didn't say anyone is blind to changes in a car update. Stop lying. Plus, this is not the thread for discussing the Corvette or any particular car.

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

what?! I did! I quoted your post in this very thread, which then for whatever reason you chose to delete, if you don't want to say something don't write it in the first place especially when it comes back to bite you on the ass like this did ;)

Ye sorry for the O/T chaps, back to why RF2 online is non-existent...carry on!

18. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Please stop lying. I deleted that post literally hours ago or probably 2 minutes after I posted it

EDIT: I apologize. I see your initial reply was indeed a few hours ago as-well. So what must have happened was that you saw and replied to my post within a couple minutes of me posting it but then I didn't see that initial reply of yours until a few hours later and didn't notice the time of your post. I therefore thought you had replied a few hours after my initial post. My mistake, and I apologize for accusing you, and calling you a liar.

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I wouldn't of been able to quote a deleted post ;)

no worries :)

as you were gentlemen

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I would believe those numbers.

It just reaffirms to me 90% offline .......at least that is what I have been told here on numerous occasions.

Then 90% of those do online don't mind if they drive a inferior package when it comes to physics, tyres, chassis, terrain ? Simple as that.