rF2 vs rF1 online activity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stonec, Aug 10, 2015.

1. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Cheers :)

Yeah, I should find some time to update it to launch the sim from there as its possible now. As for your other requests....that data is simple not available in the ISI API.

Having said that, its not impossible to do but every server admin needs to install a small service where I can get that data. The schedule, races time etc (kind off iracing)...I tried to come up with something but the rF2 dedicated server is just not build to cater for that. Noel and I had found some way to do it but its really dirty so we stopped there....

Hopefully in the near future ISI will add some more stuff so that we can control better the dedi server. Software is there, but I never released it....

[​IMG]

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

It is possible to launch the sim via command line now and I suspect B1K3R will be updating it to support that very soon.

3. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Hopefully I'll make it work :)

4. hariseldon

hariseldon Registered

Give me a shout if you have anything you'd like any help with, I'm a developer myself and I know my way around a decent collection of languages.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

5. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Thanks mate :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

6. TPG

TPG Registered

I've seen several posts about crowd funding..IMO the best place to invest money is in the Modders and the modding community..Teams Like Enduracers, Apex, URD and others (Track teams too..) are the people we need to be backing. The ISI platform has always been about Modding, rF2 is No different..If we want this sim to succeed, We need to invest in our community and support each other.

7. Diogo Oliveira Falcão

Diogo Oliveira Falcão Registered

I think several people agrees with your comment, including me. However, we see some of these teams working on the same project. Why not work everybody together? Maybe we could have just one single donation account, to support these guys and make them work together, including track makers.

Imagine like 20 or 30 guys creating content requested by the community. The administration just needs to be centralized in a trusted member of the community.

8. stonec

stonec Registered

For crowdfunding one would need to set some concrete goals, like: "In the following year, feature x and y will be implemented to rF2", the way Reiza has done it. It has to come with some promises, and ISI are generally bad at setting targets in public and when they do, they are often not met (in time). ISI, as a company, are not allowed to collect donations I believe, so the collection would need to be set up by someone else than them.

9. Depco

Depco Registered

Unless taking outside funds is a violation of their corporate policy, there is no reason that they can't collect funds through a crowdfunding service.

I suspect ISI would not go the route of crowdfunding because they don't want to have to make promises to "investors"

10. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

They've been in business since 1992. Contrary to popular belief around here it sure seems they're doing something right. shrug.

11. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

That ability to properly filter stuff is exactly what I've been waiting for.
    How long ago did this get released?
    I can now reinstall RF2.
    Thanks.

12. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

I think I released it last February. Why would you re-install rF2 just because of this? Its only a server list/filter :)

Also, I do not really like the search as is as it's limited of what one can search the way ISI API is. For example, search by wildcard does not work. I wish they can implement a proper search in their API.

13. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

I'd previously removed it two months ago, after not 're-upping' the online portion.
    Though the cost is not much, the fact that I was only able to join...at best, maybe five online sessions (all of last renewal period), was telling.
    One of my issues with the official multiplayer list, was it's inability to properly 'filter'.
    I couldn't for instance filter by mod.
    I'd try to join 'blind', only to find I did not have half the components required...some part of the download would then usually fail, after waiting for what seemed like an eternity.
    It just got to be a source of frustration.
    I just figured I'd take a break, while monitoring the forums for any 'movement' on a solution.
    With your app, I can now reinstall the software.
    It filtered down to four servers... just doing a quick test off the link.
    I like the ease in viewing and reading the menus as well.
    You chose the right colors.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2015
  14. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Pity people don't care about promoting open rooms a tenth as making their Leagues better.

I about ready to give up anyways..............&*^%$^& ungrateful AC lovers.

:p

[​IMG]

16. bwana

bwana Registered

lol. boot him DD. Some people just like to do things the hard way. Things Ive found out about RF2 (car sets / track secrets etc) .on your server would have taken me years. Plus Ive been in tears with laughter with some of our little dastardly cops and robbers chases..

17. EaglemanGT

EaglemanGT Registered

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!

The cheap ass b***** don't want to pay for something that they can get for free. rF1 has been cracked to hell and back and those b******* just keep on taking, taking and taking. IMO it has ruined the sim community in rF1........
    Much more respectful sim racers in rF2, yeah there are asshats, but for the most part the "asshats" are staying in rF1. After getting reamed by people downloading my mod because I changed the Camera Views, they can kiss my ass.

18. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

kimi is dat u?

19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

lmao

;)

lol

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned