[REL] Proracing Dashboards and In-game widgets

Discussion in 'Other' started by B1K3R, Aug 9, 2015.

1. AceLain

AceLain Registered

The version 1.6.1.11 does not stream on the plugin. Both light are green, but no data is showed on the dash.
    I guess I need the plugin too with that version.

2. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Damn you're right, sorry!!! I have added the tire names from the plugin and forgot to upload it for you. Here it is

http://www.mediafire.com/download/l9bmlvzsd443drz

3. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Working !

The fuel time is now counting down and updating each lap.

I can use the Live Timing and the trackmap.

I now have to figured how to show the actual track layout... now it just show Track not found and I see dots moving around. lol

4. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Great! Yeah, the track is not ready yet. Still need to figure out how its gonna work :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

5. AceLain

AceLain Registered

That is superb !

I am looking forward to it :)

I used your plugin on my laptop at the side of my screen when I am driving, but I used it with a friend when we are during endurance races. Really useful to have the guys who doesn't drive to be able to have all the telemetry ! So the driver has less thing to have on his mind. I am using LiveRacer for now for trackmap, but unfortunatly, live racer has a delai for about 10sec depending of the load on the server. Be able to actually use trackmap and Livetiming and your plugin will fix that problem, since the telemetry is live :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2016
  6. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Hey !
    since the fuel widget don't reset anyomre in the pit, I think that got a little glitch with the average fuel by lap which affect the estimated fuel be minute.
    If you go on track, than back to the garage and remove your starting fuel, the widget thinks that you have used the fuel into that lap, so all the value are wrong. each lap after that the average adjust a little bit, but I guess it could take a while to come back to normal..
    I guess a quick workaround would be to calculate the stimated base on the LAST lap, so the first would be wrong, but after it would be OK.

Andmaybe that is not possible because that is all connected, but is it possible to just reset the LAP DONE widget when going into pit/garage ? That widget was useful because it told us how many lap we did during that actual stint.

Thank you very much and was a nice day

7. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

I'll see what I can do :)

8. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

I checked and you are correct, its all connected so I cannot reset the Lap Done. But I can of course create a new property, "Laps Done On Last Stint" and I can add this to the dashboard and reset with each pit stop.

9. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

This is a bit tricky as I have lots of formulas and calculations going on but I think I found a solution. In my 1st version, I was always calculating the fuel used by checking the difference in fuel between laps. This skewed the data a bit if you do a slow lap.

Then in the last version I changed it by saving all fuel used per lap and taking the average. This also seems to skew the data since now you actually changed the fuel level in pits! So I was thinking and I think the ideal would be to take the Median.

This is a simple example: https://www.mathsisfun.com/median.html

So basically, if you used 0.5, 0.8, 0.7, 0.85, 0.45, 0.9, 4 liters per lap in the last 7 laps (assuming the 4 is the glitch when you went into pit and changed the fuel level)

the median would be:

1. Sort => 0.45, 0.5, 0.7, 0.8, 0.85, 0.9, 4
    2. Median = 0.8 liters

What you think?

10. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Could be the median done with 2 decimals?

//Edit e.g. median fuel usage of 0.84, wich would be shown as 0.8 could be missing on a longer race 1-2 liter...

11. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

That's what I am using, raw values from plugin, I'm not rounding any values :)

12. AceLain

AceLain Registered

I am not so good in math, but that seem good !

Thx:)

13. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Np :) Here is the latest beta version with your suggestion. Please test it out and let me know. There is also a new widget "Laps Done Last Stint"

http://www.mediafire.com/download/odxztfbyu2ybbyy

14. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Hi !

I did a race with the new "beta"

Lap done on last stint seem to work has expected.

The fuels widget still saying weird value on "average" when entering garage. so all the prediction for laps and time are a bit mess up. It is working for the first stint of a race because the widget reset itself before the race so the calculation is good until you are pitting.

Quick idea here. This problem came when you stop to reset the plugin in pit. would it be possible to reset it only when EXITING pit ? I ask because the point of the plugin not reset is when you are in garage and trying to figure out how much fuel you must put in the car for Q or for the Race that when it is the most useful.

15. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Ok, thanks for feedback. Will check it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

16. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Just in case you don't know it, Proracering.club seems to be down right now

Dash is not avalaible, same things go for your macthmaker, servers.proracing.club

Have a nice day

17. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Yeah, unfortunately server been down since Saturday and the web hosting company did not bring it up yet! Unbelievable, but I think they are all away for Easter....

18. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

thx for the feedback [emoji106]

19. pace_car

pace_car Registered

i noticed late last night, the url is working again :) :)

is there any workarround , in case this re-occurs ?
    because i wasnt able to use the tool, during the downtime, which made me a little desperate
    because the tool helps me a great deal building setups :)

i like the tire info best because most other rf2 realtime tools available , dont use decimals for tirewear
    and what you did with the changing colours when the tires reach a certain temp is awesome :)

so thanks for this great tool

(NB i am using the tool through a browser session, because running rf2 via a window , doesnt really work well for me)

20. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Thanks, glad you find it useful :) What happened with the server was a bit unique. The hosting company told me that the server machine got corrupted :( After 4 days trying to bring it up I forced them to create a new one as I had back up of all software. So it is not something normal that will happen a lot.

I pay EUR 15 a month to have this service for you guys! Luckily have been managing to keep it up by the donation as I have other apps there too. If it starts happening, I will think of a way where I give the web to you guys too, but that means you would need to have a web server to host the web app. I also make lots of updates and fixes all the time and that would also mean that you guys would need to keep updating it all the time.

I keep it on one centralized server so that you guys do not need to worry about the web server and install each update that I make.

Cheers