[REL] Proracing Dashboards and In-game widgets

Discussion in 'Other' started by B1K3R, Aug 9, 2015.

1. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Glad its working :) yeah, I thought about that. The fuel widgets reset when you enter the pits. How do you think they should be reset?

2. AceLain

AceLain Registered

In fact I want them to NOT reset

When in garage is it possible to show the last value ?
    Because when in the garage/pit and its time to choose the amount of fuel, that is useful to look at the widget, but now I cant do it because it is not showing data in the pit/garage

3. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

I see, makes sense. Let me disable the reset and check what happens....

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Interesting...probably why TrackMap overlay doesn't have this either. I agree with reasons original poster wanted the two clocks. I would even skip the real-time clock and just be happy with the in-game one. So even though it shows in the regular game HUD, it cannot be extracted? Curious and hopefully something ISI will fix.

5. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

If it is not in the internal plugins, then nothing can be done I guess....and I did not see it anywhere :)

6. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

I've just installed the latest build (first install) but it doesn't werk properly for me, some do werk ok, like tyres & flag status but none of the fuel widgets at all. I think maybe it's the ".net 4..5" so is that .net 4.5 or .net 4 & 5 ?

SS

7. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Its .Net 4.5 ........but it will either work or not so this is not the issue. Did you wait for a couple of laps as I gather data for 3 laps or so before I start calculating the fuel widgets?

8. SmellySkidmark

I did 5 laps & had 2 liters left and the fuel widgets still didn't register (offline race)

SS

9. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

How are you testing them? Did you create a custom dashboard? Are other widgets working?

10. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

OK, I have uploaded a new version where the fuel widgets do not reset now when you go in pits. However, they still reset when a new session is started (as indicated in ISI internals plugin). Not sure if this is also triggered if you manually go to garage and exit back on track, but I think so.

I have also tried to make the fuel calculations a bit more accurate. For example, I am not including laps when you enter the pits as lap is slow and the results come a bit skewed. Also, if you have a very slow lap and fuel used is minimal, I tried to avoid this too. Anyway, calculations are not that simple in real life and I tried to avoid any values that throw away the calculations but it will never be 100% accurate.

Also note that the Fuel values are calculated at the beginning of each lap! So the data is relative ONLY to the beginning of a lap.

I have also added a Delta to Best Lap bar (similar to iRacing).

[​IMG]

11. SmellySkidmark

Yes custom dashboard with just the "Fuel Needed" & "Fuel to fill", I removed others but the Tyre one still werks. I'll try the new release soon, does it come with the "Motec" one ?

SS

12. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

The motec image is stored on the server so you can choose it when you create a dashboard or any other image you want.

Not sure why the fuel ones not working for you.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

13. AceLain

AceLain Registered

That is so much nice !
    Everything is working really really fine for me. I think all the widget that we could need (or are avalaible throught the Rf plugin API) are there !

really good job.

I still see that if we open the Live timing or the trackmap the dash never come back. we must stop and restart the listener for the dash to become avalaible again.

14. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Nice :) Glad it's working and you're finding it useful.

I will check out the live timing/track map/dash stopping issue.

Edit: OK I checked and for rF2 I was deliberately not allowing any dashboards with live timing/track map. I have updated this and with the next version you will not need to restart if you go to live timing and back to some other dashboard.

Cheers
    Stefan

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2016
  15. SmellySkidmark

Do you think this is why my widgets don't werk because I did have Trackmap running already?

SS

16. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Most probably. Track map/live timing auto switch off all other dashboards. With next release they will all work together.

17. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Nice !
    can we run both at the same time, Dash and live timing with 2 devices ?

I tested the fuel widget, and it look like it does not reset anymore. Which is perfect

I have a suggestion for the Fuel widget Estimated time for fuel. Each time we cross the finish line the value get updated to reflect the new calculation. Do you think it should be possible to put a counter going backward ? The widget should keep updating at each lap, but at least if with have a counter going backward we will have a better estimated DURING a lap (epescailly a long track). Next time we cross the S/F line, it still get updated, removing or adding some secondes of time.
    I guess that as long as the stint goes on the widget will get more precise and adjust for a couple of seconds only each lap.

What do you think ?

I am not sure if I am clear enough...
    let me know what you think :)

18. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Yeah, they should work on as many devices as you want at the same time. If not let me know and I'll check it out (with next version of course).

I get what you mean with the "Fuel widget Estimated time for fuel". I'll see what I can do...

19. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Hi mate, can you please test this out for me?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ystpmvmrcrk4saz

1. fix to use both live timing/track map and any other dashboard together
    2. more accurate fuel widget calculations and "Fuel widget Estimated time for fuel" decreases during the lap.

Cheers

20. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Yes !
    I will try to test it tonight if I have time. If not it will ben tomorrow night !

Thanks !